Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How I saw it

vCash

How I saw it

Defeat. The game started slowly and the Kiwis went 3 points up. Hilgy crossed the line and had the crowd out of their seats. At that moment the crowd were thinking to themselves, could this be it? could we really have a go at it this year?...well we soon went back to old habits and lost the ball more often than not. Drew Mitchell had the worst performance ever by a Western Force player. Cross was too predictable. We built and bought a lethal backline and what happens? The bloody forwards get in the backline! Get out of there and do your own job!!! On the positive side, not too many though, Matt Henjak for me was second best to only Matt baculine. Sharpie should have called on Cheeps to go for goal when we were on their line and had a couple of penalties in a row. Saying the ref was shit would be the biggest understatement I could make. The boys need to lift their game in South Africa and come away with a few points. Then they need to give the Lions a royal thrashing in a bid to maybe win back some of the fans they would have lost from a crap performance tonight.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Spot on with everything there Shaun i agree with it all.

Henners finally played a decent game. Gits was worth his weight in gold but apart from that we were very very avaerage at best.

May The Force Be With You

vCash
    Yah, can't wait to see Gits in action through-out the season. My signature displays my view on refs, as they control the came and screw it up so often...

.................................................. ......................
    "Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed. "We've got all the refs!"

vCash
    Couldn't agree more.

Especially about the ref - ********** ever.

vCash
    south african refs they screwed us over against the crusaders and nothings changed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo
    south african refs they screwed us over against the crusaders and nothings changed!
    They were the exact words that came out of Staniforth_Is_King's mouth midway through the second half.

May The Force Be With You

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peterss
    They were the exact words that came out of Staniforth_Is_King's mouth midway through the second half.
    Scary, huh?

vCash
    I put it to you all that both Mitchells fell short of expectations tonight. John failed to dominate the tactical opportunities that arise from having reserve players and laws that allow for interchange. Let me explain...

Drew Mitchell was well below par...this has been discussed on this forum and I don't have anything to add.

Notwithstanding the press talking up Ryan Cross' game, for my mind he failed to deliver by:

1. Giving up multiple penalties for not releasing the ball
    2. throwing hail mary passes in the tackle forcing turnovers
    3. Not running his lines

However, the force finished the game with nearly a full bench of backs, notwithstanding 80 minutes of Rugby in 38+ degree heat.

60 minutes in the game was deadlocked - Mitchell and Cross largely ineffective and fresh and in-form backs on the bench ready to go. I would have:

1. Moved Shephard to Fullback (anyone else leap to their feet in the first half when he displayed glimpses of Latham as he broke the Highlanders line?)

2. Bring on Ione for Mitchell

3. Bring on Pelesasa for Cross.

This would have smashed the Highlanders rhythm and the game may have gone in a different direction.

In 38 degree heat, losing and not showing any sign that the score would be reversed is not a valid reason to finish the game with fresh reserves.

Highlight of the night: The Western Force Bar pre game.
    Lowlight of the Night: The western Force Bar post game.

Apprentice
    vCash
    [QUOTE=blindsid3]

2. Bring on Ione for Mitchell

QUOTE]

Digby wasn't even on the bench was he?

vCash
    Nup! Haig Sare was the reserve winger

vCash
    My bad...

still we had spares on the bench...

vCash
    Yes, well the best I think we can hope for is that the Force learn from this mistake.

C'arn the Force!

.................................................. ......................
    "Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed. "We've got all the refs!"

vCash
    I think there will be changes for next week game, actually i am sure of it... it has to be done sheps back to fullback and stanners needs to be back in centres. he puts it all in for the 80 minutes

vCash
    Wasn't over impressed with Gits, he didn't seem to want to pass too much and get the back line moving. Other than short side moves I don't recall the wingers seeing much of the ball. Mind you it also had to get past Cross.

I think that the REAL truth was that the guys threw the game to avoid having to hear THAT song again.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    Gits was man of the match mate. Truth is I did not see that same determination in the players that I saw last year. I just hope we come away with a few points from the SA tour and hopefully get a decent crowd to watch us finally win a home game vs the lions.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast