Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is Drew Mitchell the new Henjak?

vCash
    Drew is honestly a very good player, as Mitch says, these new combos all need time to gel. The boys are bigger now, all have put more weight on (muscle), next thing is combos...That will happen in SA, Drew needed that appalling start to shock him into playing I reckon.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Words could not be repeated on this forum for the hurled abuse i was responsible for on friday night, mostly aimed at our new fullback...I didn't get to sleep in the matrimonial bed anyway...I hope i see better this week, and congrats to henners and especially gits on a steller effort...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think matrimonial bed rights were in peril before you left old mate, you had a looooong way to make up ground from there

Re Mitchell, as others, I agree he HAD a shithouse match. As with other others, I don't believe he IS shithouse.
    He is a very talented player that had a bad match, he can't be blamed for how long he was allowed to stay in that position or if he was picked there in front of Shep. He also can't be blamed for J Mitch picking him there for a second match. If D Mitch was dropped or shifted now then that would virtually close that option from a confidence point of view for the remainder of the season. He must come out firing in the first half this week otherwise expect to be dragged or shifted.
    For mine he is NOT a Fullback but he is a Winger that can cover Fullback when the Fullback is caught in the breakdown or injured.
    In my mind, modern Rugby XV's need one Winger who is a second Fullback (Mitchell, Gerrard etc) and one Winger who is the speeding muscle (Tuqiri, Rathbone etc) to cover all options.
    I still believe that Shep is our best #15, Stanners is wasted on the Wing and Jimmy is our best Fly Half.
    As answered earlier, it's all very well preaching on about how we should have recruited Forwards but who was available? We did after all manage to get Takiari for this season and two of three Senior Aprentices are potential star Forwards of the future. I believe it was vital to lure Giteau to the West while he was available as he is a walking talking billboard (and damn fine player!) for WA Rugby and live bait for those off contract in 2008 who may want to look our way.
    We are at the start of the second third of development, I have faith!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Welcome home Burgs -

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Well DM has been picked as fullback again so proof will be in the pudding come Saturday, I read in the West Austrealian Force lift out during lunch that he was pretty embarresed about his performance so hopefully his quality will show and he'll come out and have a Killer in SA.

I too wish they would play Staniforth at Centre.

The squad is: 1. Gareth Hardy 2. Brendan Cannon 3. Troy Takiari 4. Rudi Vedelago 5. Nathan Sharpe (c) 6. David Pusey 7. Richard Brown 8. Scott Fava 9. Matt Henjak 10. Matt Giteau 11. Cameron Shepherd 12. Junior Pelesasa 13. Ryan Cross 14. Scott Staniforth 15. Drew Mitchell 16. Tai McIsaac 17. Angus Scott 18. Luke Doherty 19. David Pocock 20. Chris O’Young 21. Scott Daruda 22. Haig Sare

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5