Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Henjak's stellar performance v Samoa

vCash

Henjak's stellar performance v Samoa

I went to the game with a mate and, as we we arriving and finding the optimum viewing spot in General Admission (ain't Member's Equity so much better than Subi), we were discussing how Connolly had said in the week that Henjak was still in the mix for Wallaby selection, he just had a crap 2006 season. I suggested he may well finally realise that he needs to let his performances on the park tell the tale.

So, there I was looking for a new, you-beaut performance from #9, but was yet again disappointed. And I seem not to have ben the only one, judging by the cheers when O'Young replaced him.

My mate (NIck) plans on creating a banner for the Force S14 games that says "You Idiot Henjak" (with the "Henjak" part in some sort of clown font) and holding it aloft when he performs below expectations. He expects to get tired arms initially but to have huge muscles by season's end.

Question: Is Nick too harsh? Feedback welcome!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think he is being too harsh, it was bloody hot out there today and Matt has to be at the breakdown at every point of the game. He did make a couple of mistakes; but I do believe some of them were from pressure from offside Samoan players or Henjak himself trying to offload in a tackle. Watch him shine this season.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I've defended Henjak a fair bit over the past year, but it's time to deliver the goods.

Go for it Nicky, he might get angry and start 2 play some rugby

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Woah Nick! Easy- Give the Henja a chance. Does'nt mean if CamShep and some others shone tonight, he wont ever.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    He was'nt by himself. Ugly night to play rugby.He will deliver.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Much talk on the broadcast about all the sweat on the ball from such a hot night???
    I believe in him.
    People get carried away with O'Young because he comes on fresh as a daisy, throws passes left right and centre but hardly ever has an impact on the scoreboard.
    I was very disappointed to hear Hennas get yet another Bronx chear when he came off, I never realised that we had such Rugby bogans in Perth, nobody deserves that, especially after running their guts out for sixty minutes in 35-38 degree heat.
    Fair enough you would expect a few twits at Subi but would also expect those coming to a trial match would be heart and soul Rugby SUPPORTERS not morons....each to their own.
    He will come good, but it will probably happen quicker if he isn't copping all the flak from his Members, the media is there to have that covered...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I didn't catch on that there was a bronx cheer - I heard him being applauded as he came off. Obviously O'Young was coming on at the same time.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    As a Force man, i reckon it sucks. Give him a bit of slack. Quality all around him.
    Win a couple of games and see what the general pleb population thinks! Give him a break for christs sake. Mitch aint got him here for a haircut. Not much fun being a big fish in a little pond?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    May have been the radio playing with my ears fulv but what I heard and the remark on the crowd the 6PR boys made at the time seemed to indicate it was a pretty hostile reaction however, you were there so shall gladly defer to your better judgement mate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    People need to realise that O'Young is where Henjak was a few years ago, coming on at 60 minutes when everyone else is tired, he looks switched on and faster than anyone, it's decieving.

People seem to like making excuses for Henjak but I think enough is enough, he's had time to become a 60 minute player, he's got to start performing. I still don't think Henjak is the answer, I'll be there in person next week to wrap up my judgment.

vCash
    Remember when he first broke on to the scene and was the next big thing and then got dropped from the squad for missing curfews on the autumn tour or was it tri nations? Possibly approaching a point in his career where he can go on to big things or just slowly go into obscurity.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm with the pro team. As a true "Force" fan, I think we need to show OUR man some support. This season is his time to show what he's made of, but if all he gets from the "Fans" is jeers, how can we expect him to stand up and parade his quality?

I sat behind a family of red-necks last year (one of those people who think those thundersticks are a GOOD idea!) and all they did was hurl abuse at Henjak. It was embarrassing - you had to wonder whose side they were on.

How would you feel if you felt that 30000 people were cheering for 21 of your mates and jeering at you!

Champion
    vCash
    seriously get off his back. he makes the plays he has his runs. yes he does make mistakes. but so did sharpy and gits last night and i didnt hear anyone yell abuse when they did that. we henjak made the brake and knocked it on. he was hurled wiht abuse from his own fans. he was the one that made the brake. but where was the support? henjak played awesome against the two japanese sides but no one comments. hes a force boy as much as sharpy is. GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Here, here Pruc!
    I'm with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think those of us who want to support him regardless of performance but purely as one of "ours" will just have to be more vocal in our support.
    I won't forget the look of appreciation he gave us as they walked off after the Brumbies match when we singled him out by name and called out well done, the blurry evidence is in my Brumbies Gallery.
    There is never any excuse for jeering or booing one of our players for how he plays, should be grounds for revoking your Membership

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast