Thread: Hows it gonna work?

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash

Hows it gonna work?

With the advent of the new National 8 team comp, we seem to be hearing a lot about how the NSW and QLD teams are going to configure themselves.

I've been searching for info on what we're going to be doing here in WA (without much luck). I'm guessing the top tier of the club competition will make up a portion of our side (the mighty Spirit!!) and some of the Force boys will be there, but does anyone have more concrete info on the make-up? I'm guessing that the WA and ACT sides aren't going to be allowed to be the Force and the Brumbies in disguise.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Any ideas on this one?
    Or is Rugby WA still deciding on the approach?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I have to run mate, but my understanding is that the Force will be made up of any Force that aren't in the Wallabies, then topped up with Academy and Rugby WA (Perth Gold and other Club players) to make up the numbers.
    With only 28 man squads it won't be too hard to find the extra couple of locals (the likes of Chucky & Kiti) to fill the list.
    Also bare in mind we will probably lose a couple of better players (those with Victorian background) to Melbourne, such as Diggers if he isn't in the Wallaby Squad.
    Not sure how it fits with the NH season but Brock James may even be a candidate to come back to play for Melbourne?
    The ACT and WA will be very strong teams but there is plenty of talent around the country and I don't think any teams will be "easy beats".
    Hope that helps mate, if not I'll try for more tomorrow night

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    ARC is a step between premier and Super 14 - I think you'll find a lot of Force apprentices and top level club players with Western Force starters taking a step back...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Thanks oh gurus!
    Just think this approach might lend itself to a lot of strength in WA and ACT, as essentially these sides may be a diluted S14 team, whilst NSW is split 3 ways and Qld 2. Whilst I accept that the premier rubgy club comps in these states are pretty powerful, the west and ACT will have access to more 100% professional players. Vic may have a small handful of state of origin bodies coming back in, but a bits and pieces gathering may lack the familarity and teamwork advantages we'll have.

I guess time will tell! Anyway - we have REAL SUPER competition to get through prior even worrying about this one!