Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Article up sometime today - Latest on new stadium

Senior Player
    vCash

Article up sometime today - Latest on new stadium

I said I would do it for you guys - and I did it, I have got the latest information on the plans for Members Equity Stadium redevelopment and the ideas presented to the Major Stadia Taskforce on the rectangular stadium

It should be up, when the bloke in Melbourne gets off his lazy ass

Anyways, thanks for having faith in me, journalism is patience and finally got an article that will give the public an idea of what is happening with the stadium presentations to the taskforce.

Thanks very much

Chris Egan
    www.austadiums.com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thank Egan......we wait with bated breath.....

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry

I before t,except after a?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Callme a cynic, Egan - but last time you had news liek this was back in August - we're still waiting!

BTW - Thanks for the report on the Mandurah training session today. Good to see the media department doing a good job

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hey mate, that was just letting you know about a source that I had...because news was desperately sought about the stadium issue back then.

I assure you the article is written and ready to be published.

Is just waiting upon the lazy Victorian to publish it.

I assure you I am not messing around with ya mind

Like I said patience is the key virtue 8)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by travelling_gerry

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    I before t,except after a?

from http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm
    Q] From Steve Gearhart: “Where does the term baited breath come from, as in: ‘I am waiting with baited breath for your answer’?”
    [A] The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath that there’s every chance it will soon become the usual form, to the disgust of conservative speakers and the confusion of dictionary writers. Examples in newspapers and magazines are legion; this one appeared in the Daily Mirror on 12 April 2003: “She hasn’t responded yet but Michael is waiting with baited breath”.
    It’s easy to mock, but there’s a real problem here. Bated and baited sound the same and we no longer use bated (let alone the verb to bate), outside this one set phrase, which has become an idiom. Confusion is almost inevitable. Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the unstressed first vowel (a process called aphesis); it has the meaning “reduced, lessened, lowered in force”. So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing through terror, awe, extreme anticipation, or anxiety.
    Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, / With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness, / Say this ...”. Nearly three centuries later, Mark Twain employed it in Tom Sawyer: “Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale”.
    For those who know the older spelling or who stop to consider the matter, baited breath evokes an incongruous image, which Geoffrey Taylor humorously (and consciously) captured in verse in his poem Cruel Clever Cat:
    Sally, having swallowed cheese,
    Directs down holes the scented breeze,
    Enticing thus with baited breath
    Nice mice to an untimely death.
    [I’m indebted to Rainer Thonnes for telling me about this little ditty, which appears in an anthology called Catscript, edited by Marie Angel. However, it was first published in 1933 in a limited edition of Geoffrey Taylor’s poems entitled A Dash of Garlic.]

Who is the spelling Nazi now???????????

Senior Player
    vCash
    http://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=282

Guys its up.

Thanks for the patience. I am sure this good news is worth it, that you have soccer, league and the entertainment industry on your side to bring MES to 35,000.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    And the lion shall lie with the lamb...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    hmmmmmmmmm...interesting

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by travelling_gerry

from http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm
    Q] From Steve Gearhart: “Where does the term baited breath come from, as in: ‘I am waiting with baited breath for your answer’?”
    [A] The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath that there’s every chance it will soon become the usual form, to the disgust of conservative speakers and the confusion of dictionary writers. Examples in newspapers and magazines are legion; this one appeared in the Daily Mirror on 12 April 2003: “She hasn’t responded yet but Michael is waiting with baited breath”.
    It’s easy to mock, but there’s a real problem here. Bated and baited sound the same and we no longer use bated (let alone the verb to bate), outside this one set phrase, which has become an idiom. Confusion is almost inevitable. Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the unstressed first vowel (a process called aphesis); it has the meaning “reduced, lessened, lowered in force”. So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing through terror, awe, extreme anticipation, or anxiety.
    Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, / With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness, / Say this ...”. Nearly three centuries later, Mark Twain employed it in Tom Sawyer: “Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale”.
    For those who know the older spelling or who stop to consider the matter, baited breath evokes an incongruous image, which Geoffrey Taylor humorously (and consciously) captured in verse in his poem Cruel Clever Cat:
    Sally, having swallowed cheese,
    Directs down holes the scented breeze,
    Enticing thus with baited breath
    Nice mice to an untimely death.
    [I’m indebted to Rainer Thonnes for telling me about this little ditty, which appears in an anthology called Catscript, edited by Marie Angel. However, it was first published in 1933 in a limited edition of Geoffrey Taylor’s poems entitled A Dash of Garlic.

I dip me lid Gerry!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    a nice article Egan well done

its great that all potential users are on the same page. I think that they are selling themselves short capacity wise,but, the big problem is they are still just talking about it, even if the Taskforce signs off on it - when are we going to be able to use it? 2015?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well the Taskforce presentation will provide recommendations to the government on the size of the rectangular stadium.

ATM I would probably leave the respective parties to the MES redevelopment. I think theres not to much more to be got out of whats happening in regards to the development and the next time I will talk about it will be the interim report.

Or if I get Langoulant's views on the articles and MES at 35,000.

vCash
    Didn't they say it was going to be in use in 2008?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Earliest I can see it finished is 2009.

The finish dates have been delayed frequently, but the Major Stadia Taskforce shall give it a more highlighted position on when it will be built and at what time.

vCash
    S0 35 thousand ay? I'm ok with that

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast