Thread: ASM Clermont Vs Stade Français Paris

Apprentice
    vCash

ASM Clermont Vs Stade Français Paris

here you'll find news from Brock anc Clermont team :
    (I've just sign into you forum and will try to provide you with game by game events from now).

To have information, don't hesitate to visit this two websites :
    www.asm-rugby.com
    www.cybervulcans.net
    (the sites are in french but you can post in english without pb)

So lets now talk about las saturday game :
    It was annonced as the BIG game of the day as Paris is first and Clermont second...

Brock did well as usual with a huge vista and vision of the game, whereas he missed the two first penalties, he made a 100% after that, even scoring a try in second half.

Brock stats :
    1 try
    5/7 pen
    2/2 conversions
    24 points overall

Clermont won 29 - 17

Game overview :
    Clermont won the duel of the top two in France 29-17 on Saturday, closing the gap on leaders Stade Français to five points at the top of the table.

It was the match that brought together the two top-scoring sides of the French top flight, and in a season when many of the games have been ruined by fatigue and staleness, these two reminded us of le jeu beau can be like.

The Parisians, who rested all of their returning internationals with the next fortnight's back-to-back matches against Sale in mind, tore into Clermont at the ground Stade have never won at, and were rewarded with a scorching try after four minutes.

Fly-half Lionel Beauxis, who gets more and more assured in the role with every gamehe plays, timed a pass out to Niclaos Jeanjean wonderfully for the full-back to split the line. Jeanjean then floated out a long pass to young strong winger Julien Arias on the right, and Arias bustled into the corner.

Beauxis missed the conversion, but his pack were playing some superb forward rugby, smashing Clermont runners backwards and crossing the gain-line regularly. Elvis Vermeulen of Clermont, who had been so strong for France in the November Tests, was picked up and dumped some 5m backwards at one point by three Stade tacklers.

However, Clermont's forwards were not sitting down either, and despite the attritional defence, kept the ball well enough to force some penalties. Two of them were booted for posts by Top 14 top scorer Brock James, but one fell short while the other hit the post.

Beauxis had no such problems with his first penalty attempt, but James found his range with shots three and four, making the score 6-8 after half an hour, but Clermont's pack was now getting the upper hand, and four minutes later came their first try.

A succession of penalties had been conceded by the Parisian pack, and James now chose to kick to the corner. At the second line-out, the pack drove Martin Scelzo over the line for a try, and James's conversion was superb.

Vermeulen was stopped on the line moments later after a terrific break by Seremaia Bai, and only some cynical defending by Stade - one such example earning Denis Dallan a yellow card - and a knock-on by Vermeulen prevented Clermont nabbing a second score before the break.

James stretched the lead to 16-8 with a penalty four minutes into the second half, but right from the restart, an offside gave Beauxis the chance to make it 16-11.

However, moments after Pedro Ledesma had come on for Stade Français at hooker to play opposite his brother Mario, James landed penalties numnber four and five to stretch the lead as the Parisian pack tired.

Beauxis made it 22-14 on the hour mark, but James struck the killer blow, exchanging a sweet one-two of passes with full-back Anthony Floch to spring clear and go under the posts.

Beauxis rounded off the scoring with a late penalty, and the Parisians surged in the final moments for the try that would have brought them a defensive bonus point, but to no avail.

The scorers:

For Clermont:
    Tries: Scelzo, James
    Cons: James 2
    Pens: James 5

For Stade Français:
    Try: Arias
    Pens: Beauxis 4

Yellow card: Dallan (40, Stade Français)

Clermont: 15 Anthony Floch, 14 Aurelien Rougerie, 13 Gonzalo Canale, 12 Tony Marsh, 11 Grant Esterhuizen, 10 Brock James, 9 Pierre Mignoni, 8 Elvis Vermeulen, 7 Alex Audebert, 6 Sam Broomhall, 5 Jamie Cudmore, 4 Loic Jacquet, 3 Martin Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Laurent Emmanuelli.
    Replacements: 16 Brice Miguel, 17 Davit Zirakashvili, 18 Thibault Privat, 19 Gonzalo Longo, 20 Alessandro Troncon, 21 Seremaia Baï, 22 Alex Péclier.

Stade Français: 15 Nicolas Jeanjean, 14 Denis Dallan, 13 Thibault Lacroix, 12 Stéphane Glas , 11 Julien Arias, 10 Lionel Beauxis, 9 Alexandre Albouy, 8 Frans Viljoen, 7 Pierre Rabadan (c), 6 Alexandre Burban, 5 Mike James, 4 Arnaud Marchois, 3 Sylvain Marconnet, 2 Damien Weber, 1 Yohan Montes.
    Replacements: 16 Pedro Ledesma, 17 Mathieu Blin, 18 Radike Samo, 19, 20 Terry Bouharaoua, 21, 22 Julien Saubade.

Referee: Frank Maciello
    Touch judges: Hervé Gilard, Didier Gibert
    Assessor: Michel Lamoulie
    Goal judges: Cédric Marchat, Denis Grenouillet

http://player.sports.orange.fr/7/971.phtml
    You'll find here a small resume of the game with the magnificent action between brock and Anthony Floch for his try.

To let you know, Brock was elected Player of the month of September.

Here some pictures of the game :

Here is everything I have for last weekend game.
    The two next weekends are dedicated for the Europeans cups and as Clermont is playing the small one, I believe Brock will not play the whole game.
    I'll let you know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Frenchy - ASM; 05-12-06 at 00:30.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "Conversion", mon cher ami, en Anglais "conversion".

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    "Conversion", mon cher ami, en Anglais "conversion".
    Merci... i corrected

Apprentice
    vCash
    Here some new pictures from Brocky for the Stade Français game

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    These are good photos, Frenchy!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Prospect
    vCash

Hi Frenchy

I am keen to here information about the progress of brock james. It would be great if you could keep me updated.

lovely shots of the game... I am actually his mum so hope to see more photos thanks heaps

Last edited by aussiegirl; 18-01-07 at 18:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegirl
    I am keen to here information about the progress of brock james. It would be great if you could keep me updated.

lovely shots of the game... I am actually his mum so hope to see more photos thanks heaps

I'll do my best