Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australia v Ireland

vCash
    Ok, my quick assesment:

+ Wallabies scrum when Baxter went off and Benny-many-n's (Bennnnnnnn Robinson) came on.

+ Wallabies Defense (for certain stretches) was great, although not as good as we've come to expect from the Wallabies.

+ The effort of one Scott Staniforth, didn't touch the ball that I could see but seemed to have about 300% more intencity than most other wallbies, make him 12 for the Scots test PLEASE!

- The kicking game. Yes I understand the need for 'kick for territory', but you have to actually do it well for it to work.

- Al Baxter...

- Mark Gerrard

- Stephen Larkham's injuries... More bubble wrap for the Scots test PLEASE!

- Al Baxter...

- Mat Rogers, is not a flyhalf, is not an inside centre... Is not a fullback when compared to Chris Latham, still useful as an impact bench player.

- Playing world class players in positions where they're merely adaquate (Mortlock at 12, Tuqiri at 13, Gits at 9, Rogers anywhere in the XV)

- Ref not going to the TMO for the 2 Irish tries, I have serious doubts either try was legit.

- Ref sending 3!!!!! people to the sin bin over nothing but a 'cuddle', even Brian O'Driscoll looked speechless over the decision to bin everyone...

What's missing from our Wallabies? Where's the teamwork, the spirit, the backbone? Is it gone forever?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Sagerian; 20-11-06 at 07:15.

vCash
    as i said on tahs site rathbone gotta go and put lote back on the wing where he belongs bring stanners in centres and we would have a great team. Spanner better have a great game in A team this week please please please cause if he doesnt we all know connelly looks for any excuse to get rid of him!

i know what you mean spanner had to years with ilondon irish over there and again was player of the year in that team and with that said must of been very accustomed to that weather 20 minutes shoulda played whole 2nd half. I think he woulda had 30 if it wasnt for sin binning cause just b4 that they said a number of wallabies were worming up when smith came on!

Last edited by inactive; 20-11-06 at 07:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My "report card"

1. Al Baxter, to be fair at least he wasnt penalised and the Irish #3 needs to be given a walking stick if he needs to hang on so much. Even the ref kept telling the Irish prop to stop bearing in and holding down but no penalty. Dropped 2 passes while sea-gulling in the back line 5/10

2. Tai McIsaac, even in the most difficult conditions his line out throws hit the mark every time. Was missed when he was subbed and we lost 2 line outs. 7/10

3. Guy Shepherdson, solid effort 6/10

4. Nathan Sharpe, had the line out humming, not many of his customary breaks but put that down to the conditions 7/10

5. Mark Chisholm, very quite 5/10

6. Rocky Elsom, tough display and not sin binned extra point for that 6/10

7. Phil Waugh (vc), not able to be very effective at the break down and got yellow carded 1 point off for that 5/10

8. Wycliff Palu, extremely quite 5/10

9. Matt Giteau, threw some shockers but put that down to conditions 6/10

10. Stephen Larkham (vc), was good until he went to lala land 7/10

11. Mark Gerrard, chop ya foot off mate 5/10

12. Stirling Mortlock (c), solid, some good runs 6/10

13. Lote Tuqiri, in the defence line was puching up into thin air or not his guy and generally poor.(doesnt play well with the other kids).. 5/10

14. Clyde Rathbone, couple of good runs..and improvement 6/10

15. Chris Latham (vc) normal solid performance 6/10

16. Stephen Moore,
    17. Benn Robinson, excellent work when he came on and we got 2 scrum turn overs 7/10

18. Al Campbell,
    19. George Smith, had to be bought on cus Cliffy wasnt doing anything 6/10

20. Josh Valentine, uninspiring looked lost probably didnt want to be out in the cold 5/10

21. Mat Rogers, back kicking, yellow carded for fighting, bad kicking, lacked picking any good options, bad kicking. Can see no use of him in the last 12 months of his contract. Send him back to the mungo's now. 3/10

22. Scott Staniforth couldnt do much in the 12 mins left but was involved in chopping off the Irish try 6/10

The Ref: was anal about warning the aussie line out not to touch the man in the air but was silent to the Irish, lost control with the 3 yellow cards, penalised the aussie scrum when it once collapsed after the irish has engaged while he had only said crouch and hold. 1 point for turning up and 1 for having a working whistle 2/10

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 20-11-06 at 10:37.

vCash
    Top post Gerry.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I swear, if Clyde Rathbone doesn't do something useful in this match and Al Baxter doesn't completely screw up, John Connolly loses any and all of my respect forever.
    How did your "stars" go James

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

the "other" report card

Al Baxter - tries hard but keeping him back for another year will not help. I suggest you send him to another school – overseas.

Tai McIsaac – has settled in well and made lots of new friends. We look forward to next year with this bright student.

Guy Shepherdson - still struggling to learn but has bright prospects. Needs more time in gym after class.

Nathan Sharpe – school captain material

Mark Chisholm – can sometimes be a naughty boy and inattentive at line up

Rocky Elsom – spent a lot of time outside the headmasters office but has improved in last term.

Phil Waugh – caught fighting again behind the bike shed.

Wycliff Palu – picks up sometimes and an average student.

Matt Giteau – please send him to school with a proper hair cut.

Stephen Larkham – sometimes a sickly boy and spends a lot of time with the nurse

Mark Gerrard – is being badly influenced by other kids and bad habit of kicking.

Stirling Mortlock – talks back to the Headmaster at times but maintains his grades.

Lote Tuqiri – doesn’t play well with other kids and we encourage him to change schools

Clyde Rathbone – overseas student who has not well settled in his new school.

Chris Latham – a good boy. All the teachers love him

Stephen Moore – needs to bring more lunch to school

Benn Robinson – this boy has a bright future.

George Smith – now he has a better haircut we look forward to his progress

Josh Valentine – will be better when he makes more friends.

Mat Rogers – is often found day dreaming about changing schools.

Scott Staniforth – capable of big things and being held back by the Headmaster

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    100% Gerry, pure gold

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    OUT:
    Baxter - GET RID OF HIM - a no brainer here.
    Rathbone - again, rushes up in defence and tackles no-one for Irish first try. He did the same against Wales. He must be Connolly's 'teahers pet".
    Rogers - I like it when he does well, but I'm sorry Matt, it's time to go.
    Palu - does he have an on/off switch? I think it was turned off against the Irish. He smashed the Italians the week before and was BOG.

IN:
    Any other prop!
    Staniforth - for no other reason than form/defence/committment/skill/tackling/running etc etc
    Shepherd/Mitchell - into squad
    Fava - why bring him over there? I'm sure he's ready to deliver.

A real problem is depth!

vCash
    i dont know why the selectors cant see all this though i dont understand rugby politics suck

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Did you see the Aussie with the Western Force beanie when we kicked the first penalty?
    Let's start with the easy one, yes I did see him, fantastic.

The TV I was also watching it on was also in grave danger.

To start let's not take anything away from the Irish, they played a fantastic game in terrible conditions, handled the ball well, kept possession (20+ phases at one point), kicked well, used the whole field, defended their line with passion and employed classic wet weather tactics to overcome theri opposition with ease.

The crowd was also amazing (I had mate in the Guinness stand), when either team were taking a shot at goal- absolute silence, very sportsman like. They certainly gave their team a home ground advantge, well done.

The Ref, well what a disgrace, no mic to his TMO or contact with the sideline at the beginning of the game, how can this happen with all the time they have pre game to prepare. Three yellow cards, unexplianable. I did think there may have been a card or two but not for the hugfest.

The Wallabies, a terrible game that should finally see us play our players in the positions they know next week. Fava should be in for this week. The only real gain I can see from that match is that our Western Wallabies are making a good account of themselves, even if they are not exactly where they want to be. Keep up the good work Forcemen.

Well done Ireland you certainly deserve to keep your Cup this time around.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    The only thing I'll say bad about the Irish performance is that I don't believe either try was legit, if they went upstairs they wouldn't have awarded either... There I said it.
    Sage I had to do a double take there, I thought I was reading a post from Luke, you need to resist those Pom tendancies mate, don't want you getting a reputation as a whinger now do we

By the way Berne had a dreadful game at 10 for Bath on Saturday evening, at least you were right about that

vCash
    Hehe is there a way of posting something negetive and have it not come across as whinging? If there is I haven't seen it. But seriously, do you not think on the first try there was even the teeensiest hint of a foot in touch?

Berne is poo, good luck getting rid of him, he just seems to hang around...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Back home after work from a little unpleasant!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "That which doesn't kill us", mate
    I find you just gotta suck it up to make the next victory all the sweeter.
    Made a point of watching all last years AFL GF post match when all my mates had gone outside to booze up. Sure enough, this year it was pure gold

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    do you not think on the first try there was even the teeensiest hint of a foot in touch?
    No

Have to say that not one single commentator (I listened to) or a single journalist (that I have read) made any reference to this, that of course doesn't mean you are wrong but it does rather put you in a very tiny minority.

You know I'm only pulling your leg on the whinge front, I am just seeing so many similarities (on this board since the Irish game) to the English fans who turned on their coach, when the failure is actually down to the players not performing, and blaming decisions that go against them in a game for their lack of determination and hunger. I appreciate that as Aussie's you will all be upset with that performance but put it in perspective, at least you haven't lost to the Jocks yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast