Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Whats going on at Scots College?

Champion
    vCash
    i will enjoy proving you wrong next season... but it will be a struggle as we are losing alot of players. and with the chance of some of our team playing 1st XV our team will never be at full strength. Yes we did lose our first game against scotch, but mgiht i add only 7players had played rugby before that day so from last season finishing 6th to this season finishing 3rd is a huge effort. yes the game against scotch wasnt a spectacle but it was a hard fought battle .. our team might not be the classiest act but we can play 'ugly' rugby bloody well

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I`m a big fan of "Ugly" rugby, usually involves a lot more hard work up front, of which i truly appreciate...Running rugby is great to watch but isn`t the struggle that appeals to my frontrow heart...The wetter the pitch, the more fun i used to have...Close passes, rolling mauls, pick and drives...classic forwards rugby...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey, you can spell! Excellent and very mature post, pruc. I see Wesley took note of Jason Jones "ugly rugby" philosophy. Good luck next year and maybe get more of your team mates down to Pally to learn what senior rugby is about under professional coaching.

vCash
    I'm a fan of 'ugly rugby', being a forward myself. But it's not the best rugby plan sometimes. Your forwards need to be pretty fit to play this game. And considering that the Scotch forwards are pretty fit, maybe after the first 30 mins, the opposition forwards will drop like flies. And plus, if you're playing against good backline, ugly rugby is not as efficient. I would use a rush defense instead against Scotch.

I love wet pitches and wet rugby. The rain and mud just seems to be a good condition for rugby. And good for sliding when scoring tries.=)

Champion
    vCash
    we tryed rush defence but with only the flyhalf and fullback with expirence it didnt work. scotch used that tactic against us well. We can play 'ugly rugby' until an oppotunity occurs for our centre(the fastest runner in 100m and 200m in the PSA) to hit the gap and score. we hav an advantage against other schools with all our back row being atleast 6'' and are very versitile. Even our props are agile. But this year we were alot better then the previous season because we had a much better coaching base.

vCash
    Scotch uses rush defense really well. And if you do want to beat Scotch, not draw with them, you cannot play ugly rugby with them. It doesn't go with each other and most of the time, if not all the time, rush defense would prob be better.

When you say you had a better coaching base, you're saying Wendy Sinden isn't a good coach?

Are any of your backrow players in regional or state squads?

Champion
    vCash
    none of our back roweers are in it.. due too rugby wa's lack of communication about when tryout dates were. but are prop was in. welll our coaches this yr were better then our coaches last year.

vCash
    The development officers (I think Dwayne or Pat did it) went to your PSA school games to watch the players and select them through there. That's how most of the central region teams were chosen and the state team was chosen from these teams. I know most of the PSA boys in the team were chosen this way.

Champion
    vCash
    they werent at our game the week they were chossing... i no that because they did come to our club game but .... its not much use wen my team is beat on average 30+ nill. anyways next year i think we have proper tryouts. but thers no way the regionals were the strongest teams they could be. even alot of m8s that made central and south agreed. but the depth in our age group is huge.. which is brilliant to see that now we have a pathway to follow (if we want to) if we wish to play profesional rugby.

vCash
    They didnt choose all the players in one week. They visited the schools and clubs over a number of weeks to look at individual players. And if they like how you play, you get invited to come down and train for further evaluation.

Based on the game the centrals played against Gordon Rugby club, i have to say the central region team isn't the best team put together. There were some average players, but some good players. But the state team was great. They played well and it was a good game of rugby in the end, with the state team winning by only a conversion. But NSW club rugby has high standards compared to WA, so i thought it was a good win.

Champion
    vCash
    well for me it was 1 week.. with the games in the lead up to the regional champs... it so happened that in 3 weeks i had 2 school byes. and 1 club bye. oh well gives me an encentive for next year

Prospect
    vCash

9bs my ass

Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce
    Mate, i know my facts. I've watched both Scotch and Wesley play this year and even ref-ed for both teams once. I watched that game at the Foreshore as well and i can say clearly, that Wesley never did look like they were going to score. And the 9 Bs were putting up a good fight with your As. But let's look even further into the Scotch team. Scotch's 2 flying flankers were both injured, and 1 of them is an awesome player who's in regionals now. On top of that, the star prop was also injured in that game along with the first choice hooker. So you guys were playing about half of the B team to start off with. Considering Scotch were 12-0 up with about 15 mins to go, i think giving the reserves a go is a good decision and i'd do the same thing when i'm coaching my own teams.

Wesley's plan of kicking deep and across field in that game was boring and very predictable. It worked for a while, but it grew old. And what was with your winger who scored the try in the corner, when he could put it under the post easily, considering there wasn't any defence there.
    well you see mate, i was the guy who did the big run, and im a rpop. and we also had 3 players injured, the fastest runner in psa, myself, and our other prop. and we have 2 players playing rejonals, and i am play with the presidents 15, so you could say that the teams were pretty even

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4