Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Academy Player Attacked in Northbridge!

vCash

Academy Player Attacked in Northbridge!

My son Daniel Bailey, (aged 22) Academy and Neddies 'A' XV player, was jumped and kicked repeatedly in the face by a bunch of thugs (5) on late Last Saturday/early Sunday morning outside a kebab shop in Northbridge.

He was at a Neddies '30th Birthday party' in a pub and went across the road to get something to eat. When he came out of the kebab shop, someone chucked a bottle top at him. When he stopped to ask "who or why " it was done - he was knocked down from behind by something heavy.

The attack was completely unprovoked and seems to have been thugs prepared to take on one guy with their five. He was knocked to the ground and kicked in the face several times. It all happened very quickly and once he realised what was happening, and regained his feet - they ran off.

His upper jaw has been broken, so the future of his front teeth, which were kicked horizontal into his mouth, are very much in the balance. He has received 10 stitches in his lip and mouth and has several other bruises and cuts on his head and face.

I live and work in Hong Kong and have never felt so helpless or far away from Dan at this difficult time. Anyone who knows Dan will know that 'off the rugby pitch' you could not meet a nicer guy, or one who is less likely to get into a fight!

The police think they may get some leads from CCTV film from the kebab shop and also from the street cameras. They have the details of one witness who has come forward to say he saw what happened.

Not really sure why I am writing this, other than to ask if anyone has any advice about about what might be done to 'get' the guys who did this. Someone needs to pay - I mean with some prison time. The Police have classed this as GBH.

I know that Northbridge is a dodgy place at times and for sure Dan will not go anywhere there on his own again. Dan reckons he knows the ethnic group (it seems they were some kind of gang?) the attackers came from and that he can probably recognise the 1st guy who confronted him

I am sure that had he had a couple of his mates with him, these cowardly bastards would not have fancied having a go!

Bails

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    geez bails....hope he is OK.....send him our best..........not sure what else to say right now

vCash
    Gees, thats intense, my family and i always go to north bridge for the Asian resturants, its a good eat. maybe ill think twice before walking away from them now

Champion
    vCash
    my dads office is in northbridge i dunt lyk havin to walk to the corner deli in the day time let alone the night! gives me another reason not too

vCash
    Sorry to hear about this, Bails, that's truly horrendous. I wish Dan a speedy and thorough recovery.

I haven't been into Northbridge on a weekend night for years because of this sort of incomprehensible thuggery.

vCash
    You get some real gutless people in Northbridge. I know for one thing it would have been a different story if he had his mates around him. I know some of his mates and they have a lot of respect and admiration for Dan and would definately have helped him.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I understand how helpless and angry you must feel Bails. As parents we wish we could protect our kids all the time, no matter how big they are.I am sure I speak for all the rugby fraternity in wishing Dan a full and speedy recovery and hope your worry is eased soon.

vCash
    A similar thing happened to my brother outside The lookout in Scarborough, 8 guys knocked his front teeth out. Admittedly, he did react to an incident inside the pub, but the person who confronted him in the club followed him outside with his seven buddies and proceeded to hold him against a fence while they took turns on him. I will never forget seeing him in hospital that night, so i truly do know how you`re feeling, and if you`re anything like me you will be raging inside and desire revenge, preferably by the police and legally, but also in the most primal way, of an eye for an eye...The hardest part is not being able to do anything to help your son/brother...The police ended up catching two of the offenders, but the courts recorded no criminal conviction against them as they were young and may want to travel in the future, and any conviction would hinder there ability to travel overseas...No reference to the fact they were cowards or any compensation for the injuries my brother sustained, our court system is truly flawed, and to this day we still look for these guys. One guy apologised to my brother outside court, but the other was smug as hell, and his parents looked at my brother accusingly as if blaming him, i hope Karma deals him a good hand...I truly feel for you Bails and hope you do find justice, however you want it...

Please don`t take this the wrong way, i am truly a peaceful man, but if something happens to your family, it touches a basic raw nerve in your psyche, and you revert to being the protector/enforcer in regards to thier protection...I am sure i am not alone...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic
    Sorry to hear about this, Bails, that's truly horrendous. I wish Dan a speedy and thorough recovery.

I haven't been into Northbridge on a weekend night for years because of this sort of incomprehensible thuggery.
    same here on both accounts - plenty of other places to go

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    same here on both accounts - plenty of other places to go

yeah but fremantle is getting worst now a days and so are other places around Perth

it can happen anywhere anytime now a days

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry to hear that Bails, I'm with the rest of them that do not go to Northbridge or Freo for a night out, not worth the hassle and most venues are crap anyway. About 12 years ago I used to work security at bars and clubs, but there is no amount of money you could pay me to do that job today.

Unfortunatly even it being GBH at the moment it will probably be down graded to an "intention to commit" and a slap on the wrist will probably be the penalty, thus I can very clearly understand FR eye for an eye thoughts, but as he said you can only hope karma deals him a rotten hand and Dan recovers well.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Dan is healing. His stitches come out soon, and hopefully his teeth will 'take' again and won't need root canal work.

I am hoping the police can do something about these guys. They may have some footage and one guy has come forward to act as a possible witness.

I am still seething, but do appreciate the sentiments of you guys. It goes a long way.
    There should not be anywhere on this planet where you have to think twice about whether you are safe to walk.....but sadly that is not the case. I reckon every city in the world has it's 'northbrige' and that place will also harbor cowards and bullies prepared to have a go. As you guys say - hope they get 'theirs' one day.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bails

vCash
    Bails,

I'm glad to hear that Dan is recovering well. This is the first I read this thread and it make me sick. I'll keep Dan in my thoughts and prays.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    G'day Bails,
    As with Larry, this is the first I have seen of this thread.
    I could feel myself getting angrier as I read your first post, I am so sick of hearing stories of both people I know first hand and stories in the media of these cowardly acts by low life idiots who think they are characters in a Bronx movie.
    Personally, while I am not an advocate for vigilantes etc, you can certainly understand how people get to that point and retaliate (such as Cronulla earlier this year) as the Police are either powerless or unprepared to get tough on such bastards.
    I don't give a rats clacker what colour or creed they feel they may represent or how "under-privileged" they feel their lives may be, scum like these that Dan had the misfortune to come across deserve to be brought to justice and made to pay for their thuggery.
    More importantly though Bails, I am relieved to read in your second post that Dan is recovering and I hope it doesn't have any bad long term implications for his rugby future, he has certainly had a tough run with his injury in South Africa as well!!!
    All the best to Dan, yourself and your family during this difficult time.
    As you have seen, the thoughts and prayers of the WA Rugby community is with you.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Hey Bails,

I glad to hear Dan is getting better, Perth is becoming the worst place in Australia to live ... it makes me sad, I used to be so proud of my state and its people but when things like this are constantly happening ... it really gives me the sh*ts ... but just they wait till Im in the force ... not the rugby one ... try police ... I will make changes ... oh yes I will! at least I will try!

I'm sure Dan, you and your family will come out of this stronger people, unlike the cowards who did this ... I bet their parents would be proud ... pft (if only I could say what I really wanted to about the scum! to bad its a PG site!)

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast