vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Zero balls to not say would
    Melissa Woods - probably doesn't have swingers

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Two sources who attended the meeting, who declined to be named for professional reasons, said the administrator had the deciding vote after the creditor vote was tied on the consortium deal.

The source added...
    This shit makes me want to punch my screen every time I see it!!!
    They are professional enough to protect their career, but not professional enough to protect their integrity...
    Pro Rugby in Australia has more leaks than a colander.
    Probably the only reason leaks aren't held accountable is there would be no one left.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Melissa Woods - probably doesn't have swingers
    Hopefully no "would" either...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Pro Rugby in Australia has more leaks than a colander.
    Probably the only reason leaks aren't held accountable is there would be no one left.

"There's only one way to ensure that nobody finds the source of all these leaks - a leak inquiry." - Sir Humphrey Appleby.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Melbourne Rebels to continue fight for survival after winning rescue-bid vote
    ByCarla Jaeger and Sarah Danckert
    May 3, 2024 — 1.12pm

The directors for the Melbourne Rebels have secured a major victory against Rugby Australia after creditors voted to support a rescue deal to save the debt-laden Super Rugby club.

The proposal was put forward by a private equity-backed consortium led by business heavyweight Leigh Clifford and the Melbourne Rebels’ directors.

Two sources who attended the meeting, who declined to be named for professional reasons, said the administrator had the deciding vote after the creditor vote was tied on the consortium deal.

The source added that the Australian Taxation Office voted against the proposal.

Insolvent since 2018: Melbourne Rebels’ rescue plan hinges on legal fight
    Under the deal, employees will receive a return of 100 cents in the dollar, and unsecured creditors will receive between 15˘ and 30˘ in the dollar. The range of the payout will depend on if the directors are successful in their planned legal claim against Rugby Australia over alleged underfunding of the club.

The Rebels consortium must jump two hurdles before it can retain control of the company: Rugby Australia handing back the licence for the Super Rugby competition, and the Australian Taxation Office releasing the directors from their personal liability over the club’s $11.5 million in tax debts.

The group will now have 30 days to negotiate with the peak body for the sport and the tax office. If unsuccessful, the consortium will then have 60 days – or a date approved by the administrators – to commence legal proceedings to wrangle back the licence.

If they’re still unable to claim back the licence, or be released from their director penalty notice, the deal will collapse, and the consortium will no longer have any claim to the company.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...ource=rss_feed
    Is there any way action can be taken against those slimy bastards Clyne and Pulver.
    They started this shit storm.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    Is there any way action can be taken against those slimy bastards Clyne and Pulver.
    They started this shit storm.
    Those two seem to be covered in teflon nothing sticks

vCash
    According to Slayer1 from Green & Gold Rugby:

"The Administrator's report clearly showed the Rebels were getting more money than other teams.
    AND that they had exceeded the salary cap for at least three years that we know of, by more than $2 million.
    Criticise RA, yes - but criticise them for secretly funding a team run by Dodgy Brothers Inc..."

We've also heard that no accounts were submitted to RAu since 2018.
    I reckon that there is no doubt that the Rebels are currently over the salary cap.
    I'd be also interested on the same situation re the Tahs (as it would explain why some players are leaving due to salary adjustments by RAu.

The past Directors (aka Dodgy Brothers) of the Rebels should be held totally to account by all creditors including the ATO.

The WF will be totally legit as RAu will continue to keep us under the microscope!

Professional rugby in Australia needs a re-set as the management by RAu has been abysmal.

vCash
    I read somewhere that there are precedents where the ATO has given some flexibility over tax debts. I imagine there were extenuating circumstances. I don't see that applying to board members who have been knowingly deceptive. So they can hardly agree to a deal that would allow the same clowns to carry on the farce.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    RA are as complicit in this as anybody…..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3