Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Round 9 Western Force v Crusaders

vCash
    Fantastic win! Forwards were immense tonight

For anyone who was doubting, you saw what a difference a fit Rodda makes to us.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Our scrum was much more solid and consistent with our first team there. Not sure whether the Crusaders scrum is up to it potentially as they have also been plagued by injuries. Still well impressed with the whole team our defence was outstanding, I have no idea how many phases the Crusaders went through lte in the second half but the boys stood strong and held their lines. KB looked pretty sharp and was good under the high ball and I think I saw him making a tackle as well!
    I think Angus Gardiner must have snuck into the tmo’s seat while nobody was looking though.
    Well done the Force.
    Tonight’s presser
    https://westernforce.rugby/videos/wa...s%20conference

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SNOB; 20-04-24 at 22:29.
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Plenty of great efforts put in. Enormous effort from Sam Carter, including dropping the F bomb in the post match.
    It was a nice change feeling relaxed through the last 10 minutes.

vCash
    I watched the replay from about 50 minutes. Complete radio silence during the try that wasn't a try. If it was a Tahs or Rebels game you'd never hear the end of how we were robbed. Even an explanation would have helped. No, silence.

I want better commentators who will call the game at least.

Last edited by BLR; 21-04-24 at 04:26.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I watched the replay from about 50 minutes. Complete radio silence during the try that wasn't a try. If it was a Tahs or Rebels game you'd never hear the end of how we were robbed. Even an explanation would have helped. No, silence.

I want better commentators who will call the game at least.
    And these commentators love to use the stats against the force all the time, how many times do they want to say the force haven’t beaten the crusaders in 10 years, yet they never mention that there were 4 years we didn’t play them coz we weren’t in the comp!!

Anyway we stuck it up them, so good!

Rookie
    vCash
    Drua losing to Canes was good for us. We are only 1 win out of the top 8 now with Moana and Drua in reach.

They play each other this week and we have highlanders and tahs have chiefs. We could end up in top 8 after this week if all goes to plan. With injuries coming back and 3 of our last 4 games at home
    you never know

vCash
    The faith paid off in spades last night.

That was on outstanding team performance.

Stats will follow shortly.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    The match was won on our defence but the attack stats also make interesting reading so I will start with those.

As expected White, Fines, Donaldson and Beale feature.

In the forwards Carter and Harris were very good and Wells stands out.

Stewart yet again a very high work rate

Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-21 141308.png
Views: 215
Size:  18.5 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    The defence effort was immense and the effort was oustanding.

I will post everyone's figures as this was a team effort.

Wells, Tizzano, Tauakipulu and Princep led the way.

Special mention to Coxon (again) and Rodda (what a comeback game)

Stewart, Horton and Spink ever reliable in defence.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-21 143335.png
Views: 205
Size:  18.1 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think I heard in the background to commentary that Prinsep took the Player of the Match, but I think heard his name once during the match.
    He was an absolute burster in my viewing, even before reading the stats.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Was really pleased to see the effort that the lads put into this match, would like to watch again before getting too carried away with individuals, as it wasn't perfect by a long shot.
    I dare say there will be a change of tone from the East media from "mighty win over the almighty Crusaders" to, "well they were 11th, no big surprise".
    Amazing what a difference 80 minutes makes...
    Also a bit disappointed in Crusaders Captain Tom Christie giving zero recognition to the victors post match, came across as a bit of a sour $%& to me...
    Three bits of media worth chasing up are the post match singalong and Beale Cap presentation (both Insta, not sure if elsewhere) and the Media Conference in the Force article here- https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...saders-2024420

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I think I heard in the background to commentary that Prinsep took the Player of the Match, but I think heard his name once during the match.
    He was an absolute burster in my viewing, even before reading the stats.
    He has been huge for us in all his matches so far.

Hard working and rolls up the sleeves and gets the job done.

At 31, I hope that we can coax another year out of him next year, as he makes a great role model for the younger players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Also a bit disappointed in Crusaders Captain Tom Christie giving zero recognition to the victors post match, came across as a bit of a sour $%& to me...
    You must Never seen Ardie Savea post match as losing captain. But it was pretty poor. Most of our blokes handle
    the situation much better. Practice makes perfect.

I've watched the replay now. I doubt you'll find a lot to disappoint. I kept thinking about how much improvement they can make as we get more players coming back, build combination and if injuries can be a bit kinder.

In addition to the 2025 speculation, I'm pleased Horton is staying (jeez I hope he doesn't want a release). Another solid 80 minute effort. Just what you need if an early injury happens. I get Paenga-A; a world class rake who they can build a dominant scrum around. We've never really had that. But Horton & Dolly seem a bit like a pigeon pair, both conceding about 15 kg to Brandon P-A.

vCash
    I must say, I'm trying really hard to be reserved about Kurtley Beale given his history, but he was solid in his first game and all his comments in the media have been top notch.

It's one week and he's got a fair bit of baggage to work off but he's going the right way about it.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You must Never seen Ardie Savea post match as losing captain. But it was pretty poor. Most of our blokes handle
    the situation much better. Practice makes perfect.

I've watched the replay now. I doubt you'll find a lot to disappoint. I kept thinking about how much improvement they can make as we get more players coming back, build combination and if injuries can be a bit kinder.

In addition to the 2025 speculation, I'm pleased Horton is staying (jeez I hope he doesn't want a release). Another solid 80 minute effort. Just what you need if an early injury happens. I get Paenga-A; a world class rake who they can build a dominant scrum around. We've never really had that. But Horton & Dolly seem a bit like a pigeon pair, both conceding about 15 kg to Brandon P-A.
    There's two "types" of Hooker.
    The classic Cannon-Smit-Fitzpatrick heavy hitter that Paega-Amosa resembles.
    Then you have the Paul-George-Cronin model of mobile "extra #7" that Horton epitomises.
    I believe the combination of Paega-Amosa for the first 50 while the big hits are happening, followed by the burst of "Tassie Devil level" energy from Horton to finish would be awesome. He is holding his own in this first year as genuine "first pick" over Kaitu'u, so should be dominant over most SR Reserve Rakes, with huge benefits in supporting the Backrow.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast