Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Carter to debut as Force make two changes for Drua trip

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I used to play in those conditions in Wellington for years-the only difference it was 30 degrees cooler,lol
    I played in it locally too ("genuine" risk of dying in the Frommel cricket pitch at Guildford most years, used to have a choice of "middle" for kick off) and totally get that.
    This is Super Rugby though, a little different and a fair bit higher stakes (apart from the dying bit though maybe... )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    It's not sour grapes. Some of us posted that the match should not have started when they'd just kicked off. So much for player welfare. I hope the issue will be investigated formally.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Round 6 TotW

1. Matt Gibbon (Melbourne Rebels)
    2. Tom Horton (Western Force)
    3. Taniela Tupou (Melbourne Rebels)
    4. Darcy Swain (ACT Brumbies)
    5. Seru Uru (Queensland Reds)
    6. Tim Anstee (Western Force)
    7. Carlo Tizzano (Western Force)

8. Charlie Cale (ACT Brumbies)
    9. Ryan Lonergan (ACT Brumbies)
    10. Noah Lolesio (ACT Brumbies)
    11. Darby Lancaster (Melbourne Rebels)
    12. Hunter Paisami (Queensland Reds)
    13. Filipo Daugunu (Melbourne Rebels)
    14. Jordan Petaia (Queensland Reds)
    15. Tom Wright (ACT Brumbies)

A little surprising (not saying they are without merit) that the three Force lads would get a look in with the Reds v Brumbies love-in.
    The unfortunate injury to Lachie Lonergan, combined with his first TotW selection and ongoing good form gives Tom Horton a genuine pathway to Wallaby Trial selection.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    It's not sour grapes. Some of us posted that the match should not have started when they'd just kicked off. So much for player welfare. I hope the issue will be investigated formally.
    Was a little disappointing on "Two Posts" they were all laughing about how great it was and should be more of it, like it was some schoolboys match.
    Again, it feels a bit "file it under It's Fiji, just go with it" rather than it being a genuine concern of how do we fix it.
    This day and age, with the money invested and at stake, "we" deserve better.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Was a little disappointing on "Two Posts" they were all laughing about how great it was and should be more of it, like it was some schoolboys match.
    Again, it feels a bit "file it under It's Fiji, just go with it" rather than it being a genuine concern of how do we fix it.
    This day and age, with the money invested and at stake, "we" deserve better.
    I said at the time that if we had supplied a pitch in that condition we probably would have been fined and the match abandoned and probably points awarded to the other team. So yes I believe it should have been postponed and it may have been inconvenient to TV companies but nature trumps TV.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    ("genuine" risk of dying in the Frommel cricket pitch at Guildford most years, used to have a choice of "middle" for kick off) and totally get that.
    I recall a feeling of dread before matches at a place called Blick Park, behind Canterbury Racecourse the week after rain. Not fear of drowning at the bottom of a ruck, but about being shredded by last week's sprig marks on the now rock-hard cricket pitch. Ouch!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I recall a feeling of dread before matches at a place called Blick Park, behind Canterbury Racecourse the week after rain. Not fear of drowning at the bottom of a ruck, but about being shredded by last week's sprig marks on the now rock-hard cricket pitch. Ouch!
    The Guildford top oval (the one you see from the road following the rail) was notorious. Would be minimum ankle deep in glue on the cricket pitch square from the first decent rain of Winter. I'm sure Guildford would have had plays designed around the square.
    Should be grateful I guess, the lower fields for the footy were basically marshlands...
    I do remember Scotch lower grounds (about 2/3rds by about a meter step) being a good foot underwater one year from Lake Claremont overflowing.
    Might have been '89 I think. Boarders had a great time in it for weeks!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Shit, just realised our next 4 games are against NZ teams. We need to somehow win 2 of those to have any finals aspirations.

We don’t get to play rebels and Moana again either. We are going to regret those earlier games we should have won

vCash
    SH#T, Potter gone for the season, this match should never have been played #$#%$#$%

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3