Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Western Force v Queensland Reds

vCash
    And likewise the attack stats are very good.

A great team effort.

Donaldson, Potter and Stewart led the backs and Princep and Faifua great in the forwards.

Special mention again to Coxon, proving a valuable acquisition with a big motor and high work rate.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-24 110511.png
Views: 341
Size:  20.2 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post

Special mention again to Coxon, proving a valuable acquisition with a big motor and high work rate.
    Yep, he's been a bit of a pleasant surprise packet. Some good carries drawing defenders in with leg-drive. At 26 he's a definite keeper, I hope.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Luke Jones? I thought Sam Carter or am I just not as up to date?
    Whoops sorry my mix up

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    Whoops sorry my mix up
    You never know. A new signing announcement tomorrow apparently.

vCash
    And just watching replay to confirm- Daugunu definitely knocked on before McDermott’s try. It was right in front of us & couldn’t understand why it wasn’t looked at. So apparently it ‘went backwards’ , give me a break.

vCash
    Just watching 2nd half. Always thought Maloney is a dickhead..."Carlo Tizzano former Waratah now happily calling the Western Force home"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just watching 2nd half. Always thought Maloney is a dickhead..."Carlo Tizzano former Waratah now happily calling the Western Force home"
    All NSW media tools like to go with that one.He was asked to recount the story about entitled pricks laughing at him and refusing to exchange jerseys.

C'mon the

vCash
    Thought Kuenzle was great, but MOM?… come on???

If Joe Schmidt doesn’t know the name Carlo Tizzano after last night I’ll be very surprised

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Thought Kuenzle was great, but MOM?… come on???

If Joe Schmidt doesn’t know the name Carlo Tizzano after last night I’ll be very surprised
    I think that's fair comment, but there's probably 13 names that could be rightly upset that anyone got it. It was a real team performance with zero passengers so .....

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think that's fair comment, but there's probably 13 names that could be rightly upset that anyone got it. It was a real team performance with zero passengers so .....
    I agree that it was almost impossible to pick, but given that Bayley was out of his "preferred" position, I reckon it's a fair call.

Gareth Chilcott on playing his last game of rugby for Bath in 1993 “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    I agree that it was almost impossible to pick, but given that Bayley was out of his "preferred" position, I reckon it's a fair call.
    Yeah, I wasn't saying Kuenzle was a bad pick, only that you could have thrown a bucket of paint into the changeroom and gave it to anybody who had paint on them.

It'll be a matter of opinion who gets it from there.

You could put up Ryan Coxon, who put in a massive shift looking after a scrum that was seen as underperforming against a scrum that the media has called one of the best in the competition (both assessments bullshit IMHO, but here we are)

You could have given it to Potter who made 15 look easy and was an attacking threat all night

I think Kuenzle and Tizzano have been ably covered

Hamish Stewart was immense in both attack and defense, he would have been a worthy candidate

Nic White proved that Tate McDermott is a long way from the best 9 in Oz and would have been a decent pick

Jeremy Williams owned their defensive lineout in his short stint, while he likely didn't have enough minutes to actually in it, it wouldn't be an unreasonable one to consider.

Sam Spink was hard as concrete

Tom Horton was ..... well F@ck it, he was Tom Horton, enough said?

Tim Anstee finally had the game we've all wanted out of him and, assuming he can repeat it will make Wells' return a roll of the dice

In fact the entire backrow (even the replacements, since we lost Harris early) made what the media have been calling the 2024 Wallaby backrow look inaccurate and pedestrian, anybody in that troupe could be it.

Ben Donaldson outplayed Tom Lynagh for probably 70 of the 80 minutes.

Depending upon whether you favour backs or forwards, toughness over elusive running, dominance over your opponent or whether you prefer the dirty, unnoticed work over the flashy point scoring stuff, you could make a case for every player to take it out.

I'm no less happy with Bayley getting it than anyone else.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Yeah, I wasn't saying Kuenzle was a bad pick, only that you could have thrown a bucket of paint into the changeroom and gave it to anybody who had paint on them.

It'll be a matter of opinion who gets it from there.

You could put up Ryan Coxon, who put in a massive shift looking after a scrum that was seen as underperforming against a scrum that the media has called one of the best in the competition (both assessments bullshit IMHO, but here we are)

You could have given it to Potter who made 15 look easy and was an attacking threat all night

I think Kuenzle and Tizzano have been ably covered

Hamish Stewart was immense in both attack and defense, he would have been a worthy candidate

Nic White proved that Tate McDermott is a long way from the best 9 in Oz and would have been a decent pick

Jeremy Williams owned their defensive lineout in his short stint, while he likely didn't have enough minutes to actually in it, it wouldn't be an unreasonable one to consider.

Sam Spink was hard as concrete

Tom Horton was ..... well F@ck it, he was Tom Horton, enough said?

Tim Anstee finally had the game we've all wanted out of him and, assuming he can repeat it will make Wells' return a roll of the dice

In fact the entire backrow (even the replacements, since we lost Harris early) made what the media have been calling the 2024 Wallaby backrow look inaccurate and pedestrian, anybody in that troupe could be it.

Ben Donaldson outplayed Tom Lynagh for probably 70 of the 80 minutes.

Depending upon whether you favour backs or forwards, toughness over elusive running, dominance over your opponent or whether you prefer the dirty, unnoticed work over the flashy point scoring stuff, you could make a case for every player to take it out.

I'm no less happy with Bayley getting it than anyone else.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Gareth Chilcott on playing his last game of rugby for Bath in 1993 “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Did he? I can't say I noticed him too much at the game, he's not listed at all on Tazz's attacking stats list is relatively low down on the defensive stats list too. Certainly wasn't a bad performance, and likely better than a typical Wells performance, but I've got high expectations for him and would've liked to have seen him but in a real standout performance to really ensure he keeps his spot in the 15.

What's the word on Harris - has he done a serious injury?

vCash
    All NSW media tools like to go with that one.He was asked to recount the story about entitled pricks laughing at him and refusing to exchange jerseys.
    It's like listening to them commentate the Shield final. Oops, I meant the past three Shield finals.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post

What's the word on Harris - has he done a serious injury?
    HIA was the report IIRC. Not too sure of any mandatory stand down. His and Williams' early departures were among reasons I was impressed with the solid performance of our set piece.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast