Thread: Quade Cooper discusses his Wallabies prospects under Joe Schmidt

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Quade Cooper discusses his Wallabies prospects under Joe Schmidt

‘I’ll probably say no’ – Quade Cooper discusses his Wallabies prospects under Joe Schmidt

Story by Colin Newboult - Planet Rugby

Fly-half Quade Cooper has admitted that he has likely played his last game for the Wallabies despite them bringing in a new head coach.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...66d60c67&ei=11

That's ok, Schmidt "probably" wouldn't have asked...
    If he watched the full match Stan spidercam footage of your last match against Argentina he definitely would not give a shit about how you may hypothetically respond. Toxic cock.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    That seems rather uncalled for and I'd say well off the mark.
    Seemed like he's matured a lot and provided nothing but a positive influence in the wallabies under Rennie's tenure, along with generally very good on field results.
    Did everything asked of him under Eddie, except I imagine ask some pertinent questions about the crazy game plan (or lack thereof), then shafted at significant inconvenience for clearly inferior options.

It's an article with very little, if any content, and I'd suggest he's saying he'll probably say no to let the next lot of promising 10's come through. Wouldn't be surprised if he took on a mentoring or attacking consultant role with the wallabies though, as he has a very good rugby brain.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    That seems rather uncalled for and I'd say well off the mark.
    Seemed like he's matured a lot and provided nothing but a positive influence in the wallabies under Rennie's tenure, along with generally very good on field results.
    Did everything asked of him under Eddie, except I imagine ask some pertinent questions about the crazy game plan (or lack thereof), then shafted at significant inconvenience for clearly inferior options.
    I am going off the second last Test he played in the #10 jersey with the dedicated Player Cam. It is still on Stan.
    It was 80 minutes of poor execution, toxic communications and ineffectual leadership.
    Any Coach that watched that footage would have dropped him.
    Jones did for Carter to start the following match and the rest is history.
    Let's hope more clarity comes from the upcoming doco.

Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    It's an article with very little, if any content, and I'd suggest he's saying he'll probably say no to let the next lot of promising 10's come through. Wouldn't be surprised if he took on a mentoring or attacking consultant role with the wallabies though, as he has a very good rugby brain.
    I will concede that greater context would help and I would suggest he is actually admitting he probably won't get asked, rather than saying he would decline as the headline implies (not for the altruistic reasons you imply).

I still don't buy the whole Cooper = Zen Messiah crap though, he is a walking parody of an image he aspires to.
    Schmidt should keep him as far away from Camp Wallaby as possible.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Let's hope more clarity comes from the upcoming doco.
    Since that Doco is being put together by the RA broadcast partner and resident talk-up merchants I would suspect the editing will work hard to tell a story about how Eddie was completely insane and was the entirety of the reason why the World Cup campaign was shit.

I'm not sure how the appointment will be spun, but since McLennan is gone, likely that all that will be swept under his rug

end result "we're all good the problems have all left the building and you can rely upon us to build the code up into the dominant World Heavyweights you all want us to be"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the