Thread: ‘INSANE’ – Fans pumped as trailer for Netflix’s Six Nations documentary drops

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

‘INSANE’ – Fans pumped as trailer for Netflix’s Six Nations documentary drops

The trailer for the eagerly awaited Six Nations documentary ‘Full Contact’ on Netflix has been released.

The documentary will be available to watch on Netflix starting Wednesday, 24 January 2024, with the trailer providing fans a sneak peek into what they can expect.

And so far, the feedback has been positive.

The trailer starts up with Ireland prop Andrew Porter being asked: “How tough do you have to be to play rugby?”

Porter replies: “Look at my ears, lad; you see, this ear is actually fine, kind of, believe it or not, this is actually my good ear”, as he shows the cauliflower in his ear.

Another snippet features Scotland head coach Gregor Townsend’s team talks where he tell his players that “the best of us beats any team in the world.”

The clip of the trailer was shared on X, formerly Twitter, and has since garnered over 600,000 views as hype for the series ramps up.

Many hope that it will have a similar impact on the sport as Netflix’s F1 documentary Drive to Survive in attracting new fans to rugby.
    One reply to the video read: “This is so damn Netflixy, and I love it. Share the absolute living **** out of this, and then share it some more. Not to be too overdramatic but this could be the start of the turnaround.”

Another added: “This is going to be quality. Celebrating the brutal yet classy sport in the way it should. The platform this could give rugby will be unbelievable. World Cup next please!”

Positive reaction
    The overall reception was a positive one, with many X users replying ‘buzzing for this’.

Another fan said that she had ‘never been more excited to watch something on @netflix.’

The documentary is set to feature the teams’ journey throughout the tournament as Ireland went on to claim a Six Nations Grand Slam.

During the Championship, there were also threats of a player strike from the Wales squad, something that some onlookers are keen to see how it is handled.

“Will be curious how they cover the Wales strike issue. That’s the acid test for me. How they cover the non-PR friendly stuff,” James Stafford added.

This series was headed by the same producers of the Drive to Survive series and, much like the popular F1 documentary, is set to feature journalists, commentators, players and coaches in sit-down interviews to narrate the action as well as behind-the-scenes stories of players’ lives.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...8a32d526&ei=44

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    In a perfect world. With this documentary. Netflix can do for Rugby what it did for Formula 1.

For those who aren't aware. The Netflix Series Drive to Survive (Currently in its 5th Season) has seen an explosion in the popularity of Formula 1. With every Race now a sellout and New Race venues being added to the Calander each year. Drivers like Perth-born Daniel Ricciardo are now household names around the world.

Personally, I would love to see Netflix do a Season 2 of Full Contact. Concentrating on Super Rugby and the Wallabies fight back from being ranked #9 globally.

It just might see crowds and TV viewers returning to the Game we love. God knows we need something to go our way.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Hope Netflix can get things up and going before the insurance companies kill all sports that don’t meet their criteria ($$$,s)

May the FORCE be with you!