Thread: Super Rugby players could be strategically shifted under RA’s centralisation plan

vCash

Super Rugby players could be strategically shifted under RA’s centralisation plan

If you thought NSW jumped in with both feet for a reason, and have reservations; it looks like they are well founded. No mention of any concerns outside of NSW borders.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/super-rugby-players-could-be-strategically-shifted-under-ra-s-centralisation-plan-20231114-p5ejut.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm pretty suspicious about this move after statements from the shore brigade around how successful NZ & Ireland have been in utilising Ben Darwin's cohesion modelling. I just can't possibly trust them on their long record of duplicity. We could become the Oz version of the Highlanders if we're not already.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm pretty suspicious about this move after statements from the shore brigade around how successful NZ & Ireland have been in utilising Ben Darwin's cohesion modelling. I just can't possibly trust them on their long record of duplicity. We could become the Oz version of the Highlanders if we're not already.
    My spidey senses are tingling in exactly the same way Shasta.

Historically the heartland states have viewed us as a development team who can offer game time to players they don't want to risk in their own organisation but might come good.

I can see a world where they'll send all the fringe juniors our way for a rugby education and then hoik them back the instant they show genuine promise and we'll be stuck with a constant and unending rebuild for the benefit of the Waratahs.

The recent moves by RA to send two current Wallabies our way due to salary cap pressure would seem to contradict that, but
    a) it could very well be done because theose two have been assessed as not up to standard, so get them West for insurance
    b) maybe it's a "sure you can trust us, we gave you Nic and Donno didn't we" in order to gain the control before knifing us in the ribs from behind when we can't defend ourselves.

I hope Hodgo has his eyes open

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    “That may be ‘well, the best Super Rugby club [for the player (insert "Waratahs")] for the national team, may be X the Waratahs’. But again, it’s going to be around the conversation with the Super Rugby club boards and then the player, to make sure that’s right in they end up at the Waratahs.”

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.