Thread: Henjak eyeing Wallabies return

vCash

Henjak eyeing Wallabies return

Henjak eyeing Wallabies return

Western Force half-back Matt Henjak says he is hopeful of a recall to the Wallabies squad following Tuesday's announcement that captain George Gregan will not take part in Australia's upcoming tour of Europe.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Acknowledging Henjak's season with the Force was hardly tip-top and last years South African scandal (all I remember from the paper was something about going to attack Tuqiri with jumper leads, does anyone know what actually happened?), what do you think his chances actually are? He was in pretty good form with last year's Australia A and the little time he spend coming off the bench with the Wallabies he did breathe some life into the backline. Think he'll make the grade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Acknowledging Henjak's season with the Force was hardly tip-top and last years South African scandal (all I remember from the paper was something about going to attack Tuqiri with jumper leads, does anyone know what actually happened?), what do you think his chances actually are? He was in pretty good form with last year's Australia A and the little time he spend coming off the bench with the Wallabies he did breathe some life into the backline. Think he'll make the grade?

I think a few ice cubes were hurled at someone. Seemed like Henners may have been the scapegoat to save having to discipline others in the starting team - lotta good that did

If Rugbyheaven has any idea Henners is no chance. They are running a poll to see which halves should go and he's not even on the ballot paper. Knobheads.
    I was one of his critics in the S14. But, credit where it's due, he's knuckled down and turned it around from all reports. He should go to Europe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I think a few ice cubes were hurled at someone. Seemed like Henners may have been the scapegoat to save having to discipline others in the starting team - lotta good that did

If Rugbyheaven has any idea Henners is no chance. They are running a poll to see which halves should go and he's not even on the ballot paper. Knobheads.
    I was one of his critics in the S14. But, credit where it's due, he's knuckled down and turned it around from all reports. He should go to Europe.
    Gee I dunno, It looks to me like Connoly has done his research during the Tri Nations this year, Lots of Debutantes and some experiments made (some more successful than others) and Matty Henjak didn't seem to figure in any of it. I think he's probably done his dash for 2007 in favour of Cordingley, but He does have this season to press a late claim. He might tour but I doubt it, and if he does, he'd get limited minutes. His best shot would be to play lots of games with the playing group around him, get used to the feel of the ball coming off a Western Force ruck and start getting comfortable where he is. Last season, he was so uncomfortable as to look like Josh O'Graham's junior, that's not going to impress a Wallaby coach. Here's hoping things gel for Matty this year because I think he's a prodigious talent who is a real possibility of leading the Wallabies well, it's just a shame that the change in environment took so long for him to adjust to. Maybe the 6 million dollar man (Gits) will make Perth feel a bit more like home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta

None of the staff on SMH like Henjak though, he is too different for them, easy to scapegoat him as well. He should make the squad, he played much better against the Brumbies last weekend than I had seen from him during the S14.
    Patrick Phibbs is one name that hasn't been mentioned enough as well I think, he is just a month older than Henjak and has had a fantastic APC for the Brumbies, also playing a major role in Randwick getting to the TNC Final in NSW Club.

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

vCash
    I think Henjak deserves a spot in the Wallabies squad... (fingers crossed)

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    No*...

*Still a force fan til midnight...