Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Supporters Code of Practice

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force Supporters Code of Practice

In response to Coachs first birthday address....I would like to submit a Code of Practice.

Some may be tongue in cheek....other very serious..........but let me start.

Rules

#1 . Be a member. NO matter what your situation. Out of town, international...just make sure you are a member.

#2. When not on game days...and you see another member...be it they are wearing a cap or a shirt...greet them with...."May the Force be with you"....or if they have a sticker on their car....make sure you wave.

#3 Wear blue to the game...if you cant have an official jersey/top...wear the blue...(and not that powder puff blue of the tahs)

#4 (one I feel strong about) Welcome the coach (Mitch that is) when he and his staff walk to the coaching box before the game.

#5 Yell your hearts out when the Force run onto the field.....and after the game...no matter what the result....stay behind if you can and clap them all off....they deserve it.

#6 Be generous in your applause for efforts of our opposition..but not too generous.....and make sure their supporters are treated with courtesy....remember there are a number of our members who have dual loyalities....teams of your birthplace may still be your team....you never know...next week they may be sitting next to you cheering for the Force again.

#7 Respect the officials.....the referees and touch judges have a job to do...as in life...we all make mistakes....if they do...then like us we should accept the decision and move on.

#8 At all times be a responsible supporter.....we are wearing the colours of our team and are all ambassadors...drink responsibly....and if you get drunk...be a nice drunk...

#9 Support the people who support the Force......the sponsors believe in the Force...as do we.....if at all possible use their services.

#10 When in the Forum be respectful of other users and their views and if you make a comment make sure its something of substance and adds value to the experience of others. Remember we have guests who look at us again as ambassadors of our game and our team.

Well thats my thoughts.....feel free to add comments, suggestions etc and maybe we can knock into shape our ideals...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I like it Gerry.

a couple of things I would change, the "may the force be with you" is a bit to much.

and

11. No Boo-ing, ever, its not warrented, its not needed, especially when the opposition is attempting to kick a penalty/conversion.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    told you there was some tongue in cheek there...

vCash
    yeah booing is just not on.
    Also keeping use of swear words at games to a minimum would be a big bonus. Hard to explain to the little kids of our family friends who i sit next to what the drunk man a few rows back just called the ref...

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    11. No Boo-ing, ever, its not warrented, its not needed, especially when the opposition is attempting to kick a penalty/conversion.
    This is one i feel very strongly about. It is something that has come from Football and i really quite dis-like it. The place i sit when i go to the games, is a bunch of true rugby players/suporters, they all know exctally what is going on at anystage of the game, and are always upset when the opposition are 'booed' at any stage during the game. My brother, on the other hand he thinks it is just what comes with playing a differnt team at there home ground.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    excellent post mtbeaver.............thats what we like to see

vCash
    I had words with a couple of "punk kids" today after they decided to boo players in the u16's grand final as they were having a shot on goal. Boo-ing is not part of our game, and i think its something that has come from American sports (no offence Larry).

vCash
    [QUOTE=travelling_gerry]#7 Respect the officials.....the referees and touch judges have a job to do...as in life...we all make mistakes....if they do...then like us we should accept the decision and move on.

Hmmm...does this mean no after match analysis of dodgy TMO decisions and weeklong threads on this website? I think not :-)

and

If I can't get fired up and yell at the Ref how am I going to keep everyone in my block entertained? (Not to mention educated on the laws of Rugby, since most people around me look to me for explanation of whats going on...)

Besides...Coach'll testify to my singing voice...

(and don't all jump on me from your high horses about respecting match officials - my tounge is firmly in cheek. sort of)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan
    Boo-ing is not part of our game, and i think its something that has come from American sports (no offence Larry).
    No offense taken.. I'm used to everyone wanting to be like us! I'll stay away from the yelling at the refs and opposing team debate. Instead I'll take a shot at the mission statement.

TheWholeForce.com a way for the Site Administrator to try and get a few free pints.

The Whole Force a friendly community where Western Force, rugby, & sports fans from all over the world will feel welcome and have fun.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No complaints from me on the above although I know we will be fighting a fairly ingraine culture of booing and berating Officials.
    After several "older" TWF Members actively debated that it isn't a part of rugby to boo kicks etc I have been paying attention to how crowds around the rugby world behave and from my observation I now know that it isn't an "AFL thing" for Australian punters as discussed previously when we had a thread on booing.
    Crowds from Dunedin to Jo'burg and Edinburgh are all guilty of it.
    All we can do it try and set the "right" example and hope that our supporters are better than that.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Hey,
    As an aside in regards to booing, I watched Northampton vs Newcastle ( Carlos Spencer v Matty Bourke) the other day and there was dead silence in a packed house regardless of wether it was Bruce Reihana kicking or our arch nemesis Jonny Wilkinson. Its a bit surreal when the ground mics pick up the occaisional slurp of beer or crackle of chips as a kicker is running in, and then afterwards the crowd resume normal volume. I quite liked it actually, it shows respect and a knowledge of the game.

I think it would be ok to boo someone like Peter van Zyl though.

Respecting other supporters is a good point, I myself will be supporting the tahs vs Force next weekend, but I would support the Force vs any other team though. That wouldnt have been the case before the S14 started this year but I really enjoyed watching the Force games and hoping they could put a win on the board plus its great to see a side develop from its very beginning.

cheers
    chook

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    m okays ... in regards to

#10 specifically ... and if you make a comment make sure its something of substance and adds value to the experience of others. lol none of my posts are of substance hehehe lmao!!!

and with the booing ... in general i think its stupid and wont have a part of it but if someone on the field does something so low and dirty I think the time would call for a bit of booing ... but I dont think its right to boo the players when they are kicking penalties and conversions ... its mean ...

also the swearing ... well its shocking!!! especially when there are little kids around ... dont get me wrong i like to swear ... but I do it in the comfort of y own home were i know what is acceptable, and especially shouting out the c word ... OMG!!! thats just nasty! but the area I am in they are pretty tame so I happy all round!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    excellent post mtbeaver.............thats what we like to see

vCash
    #7... Can we make an exception for Marius Jonker?

#5 I am a strong believer in, every match played at Subiaco for the Force I satyed behind and clapped them off. I was really proud of how many people actually did stay and did the same, It must be a rugby thing because it sure does not happen too often in footy or soccer etc.

"may the force be with you"

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    #5 I am a strong believer in, every match played at Subiaco for the Force I satyed behind and clapped them off. I was really proud of how many people actually did stay and did the same, It must be a rugby thing because it sure does not happen too often in footy or soccer etc.
    Yet another one i am quite passionate about, i always stay behind to clap them off, and i always feel bad when there are only a handfull of people still in the grandstnad.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast