Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Kalamunda currently bottom of the ladder.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Is there a link to it?

I've seen it when RugbyWA post it in their Instagram account but in true RugbyWA is useless style it's impossible to find on their website.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Is there a link to it?

I've seen it when RugbyWA post it in their Instagram account but in true RugbyWA is useless style it's impossible to find on their website.

Doesn't look like they are going to run a combined ladder of anything like that, and sounds like they haven't even made up their minds yet anyway.

"if" relegation was based on whoever has the lowest competition points combined in prems, reserves and third grade it would look like this;

8. Wanneroo 33
    9. Wests 28
    10. Perth 27
    11. Kala 24

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    They will not make up their minds until one of those four teams is definitely, positively and absolutely out of the relegation zone.

By the way, did anyone else hear that one team has been allocated two additional force players?

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 08-05-23 at 14:43.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    They will not make up their minds until one of those four teams is definitely, positively and absolutely out of the relegation zone.

By the way, did anyone else hear that one team has been allocated two additional force players?
    If my reading of the new rules is right UWA should not be getting any points because I'm told they have no juniors.
    So what is happening about that?
    Haven't heard about the Force allocation but I'd have a good guess where they have gone.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

No, what team and what players?

Allocations mean nothing unless it's players who will actually be playing

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Is there a link to it?

https://wa.rugby/competitions/wa-pre...aar6vaZgHZYXs5

Scroll down for ladder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooked View Post
    That's just the Prem grade ladder not the relegation ladder.

Champion
    vCash
    This has been a vexatious issue for decades. All clubs have to accept responsibility for this fuck up. PSA schools used to have a solid rugby program when teachers were also coaches Today few teachers have time to get accredited and they don't get paid more to work the extra hours for training and weekend matches. Same for Footy, hockey etc. so we are not alone. Non PSA schools have a less rigid rugby program and are excluded from the PSA competition. ( sound familiar??? - Premier grade clubs not too keen to include outer suburban clubs). So, at junior level the pool of players has shrunk. Now look at Govt. schools, no sport there of any substance at all. So the juniors pool may not have shrunk in numbers because of ex pats living in outer suburbs have joined clubs like Joondalup, Southern Lions, North Coast etc but progression to senior level is down to a trickle for a number of factors. You then have the problem with volunteers at all of our clubs becoming exhausted from their workload to comply with all the red tape, so where will they find time and energy to coach at schools. I am not sure what the solution is, BUT I do know it won't come when clubs have no incentive nor desire to look outside their club for the good of the game. It's not RugbyWA's fault, it's all of our fault.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    PSA schools used to have a solid rugby program when teachers were also coaches Today few teachers have time to get accredited and they don't get paid more to work the extra hours for training and weekend matches. Same for Footy, hockey etc. so we are not alone. Non PSA schools have a less rigid rugby program and are excluded from the PSA competition. ( sound familiar???
    I'm a little confused as to the point/s you're trying to make here Hansie?
    To my knowledge/experience no teachers were ever paid for weekend sport commitments, but certainly had expectation they would take on (at least) one seasonal commitment additional to their teaching hours/pay.
    Are you suggesting the time poor volunteer teachers created a more "solid" program?
    The professional approach to sport across the codes is far beyond anything in PSA history.
    In the meantime, those who genuinely create the PSA competition/s, the fee paying parents, pay a shit-ton of cash to educate their sons, of which sport is an important (but) extracurricular activity. Many PSA players would not being playing Rugby at all, let alone at Clubs, unless compelled to do so by the PSA schools' curricula.
    I do agree with you that it is all of "our" fault, unfortunately many prefer to point the finger rather than put their heads together to move forward.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I'm a little confused as to the point/s you're trying to make here Hansie?
    To my knowledge/experience no teachers were ever paid for weekend sport commitments, but certainly had expectation they would take on (at least) one seasonal commitment additional to their teaching hours/pay.
    Are you suggesting the time poor volunteer teachers created a more "solid" program?
    The professional approach to sport across the codes is far beyond anything in PSA history.
    In the meantime, those who genuinely create the PSA competition/s, the fee paying parents, pay a shit-ton of cash to educate their sons, of which sport is an important (but) extracurricular activity. Many PSA players would not being playing Rugby at all, let alone at Clubs, unless compelled to do so by the PSA schools' curricula.
    I do agree with you that it is all of "our" fault, unfortunately many prefer to point the finger rather than put their heads together to move forward.
    In the late 90's and early 2000's when I was involved in PSA Rugby at Wesley, Trinity had School teachers coaching, as did Hale and Scotch. Wesley did as well, I was just a "helper" to start with. I am told that in recent years club coaches and parents have filled these gaps. I also note that Level 1 as a minimum or level 2 coaching accreditation is required, so in chatting with ex teachers in recent months teachers are time poor in that to ensure they meet their curriculum requirements, deal with a multitude of bush fires from Bullying, to parents, to social media and then on top of that maintain their coaching credentials and keep up to date with laws etc creates quite a burden. With teachers not actively involved in coaching there is less "encouragement" in the school yard and classroom to invite boys to play rugby so we now have situations where PSA Schools are struggling to field teams.

vCash
    In the late 90's and early 2000's when I was involved in PSA Rugby at Wesley, Trinity had School teachers coaching, as did Hale and Scotch. Wesley did as well, I was just a "helper" to start with. I am told that in recent years club coaches and parents have filled these gaps. I also note that Level 1 as a minimum or level 2 coaching accreditation is required, so in chatting with ex teachers in recent months teachers are time poor in that to ensure they meet their curriculum requirements, deal with a multitude of bush fires from Bullying, to parents, to social media and then on top of that maintain their coaching credentials and keep up to date with laws etc creates quite a burden. With teachers not actively involved in coaching there is less "encouragement" in the school yard and classroom to invite boys to play rugby so we now have situations where PSA Schools are struggling to field teams.
    My experience is now ten years old, so may add nothing to this conversation but,
    I was required as a teacher to participate in the extra curricular program (which meant becoming involved in a sport) There was a choice offered and a stipend was attached to it (although it's fair to say that the link between the money and the sport was tenuous, as I only participated in a winter sport, rugby, but I received the stipend all year. This participation was a condition of employment, so you could say that I was paid more to be a teacher at a PSA school and participation in a sport was required)

I was put in as coach of the Year 10 team despite having no coaching experience past a couple of years coaching club juniors as a dad.

The school put me through Smart Rugby and I was given ample assistance by more experienced coaches from the 11s and 12s teams as the three teams trained together.

In that year a club coach (I'll leave the club unnamed) started in a "director of rugby" type role and also provided coaching support and direct coaching.

I know Middle school team coaches in those years had reduced teaching loads and the 7-9 teams played on a Friday afternoon.

So there was definitely some resource spent on the whole deal ten years ago!

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Who’s the useless farken joke that cheap shotted the ref? The video of the incident doesn’t paint the imbecile in a very good light.
    Is 5 years long enough?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Who’s the useless farken joke that cheap shotted the ref? The video of the incident doesn’t paint the imbecile in a very good light.
    Is 5 years long enough?
    5 years was the max apparantly

Champion
    vCash
    This has been a vexatious issue for decades. All clubs have to accept responsibility for this fuck up. PSA schools used to have a solid rugby program when teachers were also coaches Today few teachers have time to get accredited and they don't get paid more to work the extra hours for training and weekend matches. Same for Footy, hockey etc. so we are not alone. Non PSA schools have a less rigid rugby program and are excluded from the PSA competition. ( sound familiar??? - Premier grade clubs not too keen to include outer suburban clubs). So, at junior level the pool of players has shrunk. Now look at Govt. schools, no sport there of any substance at all. So the juniors pool may not have shrunk in numbers because of ex pats living in outer suburbs have joined clubs like Joondalup, Southern Lions, North Coast etc but progression to senior level is down to a trickle for a number of factors. You then have the problem with volunteers at all of our clubs becoming exhausted from their workload to comply with all the red tape, so where will they find time and energy to coach at schools. I am not sure what the solution is, BUT I do know it won't come when clubs have no incentive nor desire to look outside their club for the good of the game. It's not RugbyWA's fault, it's all of our fault.
    Perhaps RugbyWA should not have expanded as they have. Yes, it would have been hard on those who wanted to become start up clubs but a more solid smaller group would not have brought about the issue we have been dealing with for too many years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast