Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Western Force v Moana Pasifika Sat 11 March 2023

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    forgive my Ignorance - what is the cost of a ticket to get into a Force match at HBF Park?
    Platinum, 72 with members discount thingo

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    forgive my Ignorance - what is the cost of a ticket to get into a Force match at HBF Park?
    We're all members here (as far as I know).

Edit: I was curious so went and had a look myself (because it takes two seconds). $40 just to sit behind the try line strike me as a bit of a rip.

$90.63 plus booking fee to sit on close to half way on the ground level.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 13-03-23 at 19:02.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Edit: I was curious so went and had a look myself (because it takes two seconds). $40 just to sit behind the try line strike me as a bit of a rip.

Thanks Jargs

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

That’s gone up since last year I think. A friend came with us last year a couple of times and got tickets for $20.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Unsure about one off match tickets but the Force have clearly gone for a cash grab from their members by spreading the Gold category over several extra blocks.

We used to sit in the top half of block E226 which used to be silver and is now Gold. E125 on the ground level used to be Silver but is now Gold too. I've found the old seating category chart so I know I'm not insane.

vCash
    Unsure about one off match tickets but the Force have clearly gone for a cash grab from their members by spreading the Gold category over several extra blocks.

We used to sit in the top half of block E226 which used to be silver and is now Gold. E125 on the ground level used to be Silver but is now Gold too. I've found the old seating category chart so I know I'm not insane.
    On the old chart was Platinum the entire block of E229 and E228? It is now shared with Gold

vCash
    Old chart:

E228 + E229 had Platinum (Cat 1) for probably the first third of the block, Gold (Cat 2) for the next third with Silver (Cat 3) for the final 3rd of the blocks.

https://wa.rugby/news/2020/12/01/202...ips-go-on-sale

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    That’s gone up since last year I think. A friend came with us last year a couple of times and got tickets for $20.
    Yeah I had a look at last minute tickets for myself and young bloke for the rebels game and it was going to cost from memory $78 + booking fee. And that was to sit behind the posts.

vCash
    Siosifa Amone issued a Warning

Good News to start the week:

In his finding, Foul Play Review Committee Chair Michael Heron KC ruled the following:
    "Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles
    and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions from his legal representative,
    Michael Tudori, the Foul Play Review Committee found the foul play did not breach the Red Card
    threshold."

"With respect to sanction the Foul Play Review Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a
    Warning as it was close to, but did not breach the Red Card threshold. The Foul Play Review
    Committee deemed that the tackle was low force and additional players being involved within the
    tackle, mitigated the sanction to a Warning.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Unsure about one off match tickets but the Force have clearly gone for a cash grab from their members.......so I know I'm not insane
    Like we spoke at the game, that was our group's reason for moving too. And despite coughing up every year since 2006, it started to feel like wanting to see an out-of-form horse go round a few times before investing more dosh. In the end we downgraded to behind the in-goal as we couldn't see much downside compared to what was on offer.

BTW they work out to about only $16 per game. Bargain compared to what Boof paid!

Player
    vCash
    We've always sat in the corner behind the goal. Actually prefer it. And the Force Membership have been great with organising and keeping seats each year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Siosifa Amone issued a Warning

Good News to start the week:

In his finding, Foul Play Review Committee Chair Michael Heron KC ruled the following:
    "Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles
    and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions from his legal representative,
    Michael Tudori, the Foul Play Review Committee found the foul play did not breach the Red Card
    threshold."

"With respect to sanction the Foul Play Review Committee deemed the act of foul play merited a
    Warning as it was close to, but did not breach the Red Card threshold. The Foul Play Review
    Committee deemed that the tackle was low force and additional players being involved within the
    tackle, mitigated the sanction to a Warning.
    Two weeks in a row same offence same out come hopefully tmos may start learning!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Sort of like the police constantly picking up someone for breaking the law and then getting off when they head to court.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The Force needs to get smarter. Other teams have realised that if they are under defensive pressure, ducking the head and stepping/launching into the second tackler has a good chance of drawing at least a penalty, if not a card. Doesn't matter if it gets dismissed later on review, teams are clearly treating it as a legitimate tactic in the moment.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Sort of like the police constantly picking up someone for breaking the law and then getting off when they head to court.
    Unfortunately, I thin this will have World Cup implications for Aus and NZ. I think the leniency of the judiciary is the key reason the 20min Red Card trial was scrapped and contributed to a dismissive culture about this protocol in SRP. As a result, both Aus and NZ had pretty crappy Northern tours last year and (although I didn't watch NZ much) I'm sure a lot of it was as a result of penalties through tackling high.

Last year, refs modified their adjudication in SRP due to some high profile players being let off and I expect this will happen this year.

It all seems to revolve around the interpretation of "late and sudden change of movement" and I think NH is far less lenient in that regard.

I personally didn't think Ollie had made head contact, there was an angle shown which made me doubt it, yes he was high, probably a penalty, maybe a yellow.

Siosifa on the other hand made clear direct contact which AFAIK increases the level of danger regardless of the level of force and I thought he definitely had a case to answer, the only thing that was possible IMHO was the mitigation of the other tackler involved moving the ball carrier around.

It was a tough situation, but I reckon at the World Cup, that red would have been upheld.

It matters not a whit, because neither of those players will get within cooee of a spot on the plane to France, but it will likely come back to bite the national reps on the ass at some point.

C'mon the

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6