Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maybe ... Maybe Not.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe ... Maybe Not.

So RugbyWA decree that relegation/promotion will depend on some kind of adjustment between first, second, and third grade.

That presupposes that the top 11 clubs have three grades.

I have my doubts.

Associates and Wanneroo were unable to field third grade teams without relying heavily on their firsts and seconds doubling up today and I am informed Wests, Kalamunda and Cottesloe are in the same boat or worse.

Will this brain fart be reviewed, or will these clubs be allowed to nominate teams and then forfeit week after week, just so RugbyWA can save face? And what benefit is there in other clubs having to deal with constant regular forfeits? Great way to lose player interest, boys!

Must say though that Wanneroo and Associates have quality first grade teams on the basis of today's performances.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Finally, some pre-season gossip.
    I hear most club numbers are down but it's an early start this year and some are waiting for their imports to arrive.
    I hope it's not like the "old days" when to be a Premier Grade club you nominated Colts and then surprise, surprise you didn't have one.
    What I don't understand under the new requirements is how a club (did I say UWA?) will be able to qualify for Premier Grade without juniors - based on last season - which is a prerequisite for being in Premier Grade this year or so I am led to believe.
    Anyone help me here.

vCash
    I think you may have hit upon something there, WT.

Something to do with self interest in all its manifestations.

And looking after that interest no matter the consequences to inconsequential clubs.

vCash
    Maybe a team that doesn't field a side in a grade for one week receives 0 relegation points that week, a club that doesn't field a side in a grade all season receives -2 relegation points with all other relegation points matching competition points.

You could even have a multiplier for the grades you must field to be in prem grade.

Therefore if uni don't field a junior team all season they receive -3 points per round for that.

The top second division team will likely then compete on an even playing field if they field all teams.

You could also have some mechanism that reduces relegation points for players who've already played a game that day, but that would be hard to police.

C'mon the

vCash
    I've just seen on Palmyra's facebook page that they are playing the Force at McGillivray at 11am tomorrow in a pre season game.

I trust it's the Force Academy, not the Force itself, or the outcome might be embarrassing for Palmyra. Or maybe not.

Why the morning start? Why at McGillivray?

Or is this in preparation for April !?

Champion
    vCash
    Hallo Fulvio, Long time...
    I have been O/S generating business to fund our Submarines.
    O.K. so which club has poached players from which other club? Who has spent the first 367 billion on imports?
    Who will win the Premiership?

vCash
    Hi Hansie,

Like yourself, I've been substantially away from this site and rugby for a few years now, until I made a passing visit a month or so ago.

Not hooked, but passably amused. Retirement does that to you.

The situation among clubs doesn't seem to have changed much. Same shit, varying levels.

I'll probably take up pickle ball. Pretty big among geriatrics and cruisers in America, apparently.

Cheers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I
    Who has spent the first 367 billion on imports?
    Answer A: Twiggy Forrest
    Answer B: Not Twiggy Forrest

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Hallo Fulvio, Long time...

Far too early to call, as Ryan Westaway said "you don't win a premiership in the first 6 rounds". Last year Wests only made finals with a last minute try against Wanneroo.

It'll come down to injuries and strength in depth and no doubt a few panicked imports to bolster the ranks of the big boys

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    Far too early to call, as Ryan Westaway said "you don't win a premiership in the first 6 rounds". Last year Wests only made finals with a last minute try against Wanneroo.

It'll come down to injuries and strength in depth and no doubt a few panicked imports to bolster the ranks of the big boys
    Pray tell Rugareeth whom is this Rhianna Westaway ye speak off and what doth she know about winning rugbyeth and have they fornicated offspring to be victorious in heat of battle

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Pray tell Rugareeth whom is this Rhianna Westaway ye speak off and what doth she know about winning rugbyeth and have they fornicated offspring to be victorious in heat of battle
    Started the carton early last night aye Westie?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Started the carton early last night aye Westie?
    I dunno about that; but this Ryan/Rihanna has a lot to answer for if he/she is truly the sauce of that worn out cliché. Under-pressure coaches have used that one to deflect questions for centuries. I think Brain Dead Dick had it on speed dial.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I dunno about that; but this Ryan/Rihanna has a lot to answer for if he/she is truly the sauce of that worn out cliché. Under-pressure coaches have used that one to deflect questions for centuries. I think Brain Dead Dick had it on speed dial.
    Are you talking about the fornicated offspring line?

I don't know that I'd be too impressed with somebody who fornicates with their own offspring, but they might do things differently at Wests

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    NO

Champion
    vCash
    A few preview stories on RugbyWA's website this year. Hope they keep it going.
    I'm hearing most clubs are down on numbers. Maybe the early start.
    Anyone else heard anything?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast