Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Melbourne non-crowds

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    As one of my Kiwi mates Dad (RIP Mr Hardy) said at the time "and we were lucky to get the nil".

I think Happy, Gunny and Sloppy were at the game too, just before they got driven off Mt Cook Station!

Waratahs lost to them 96-19 a few years earlier before we were in the comp.
    I was trying to blot that memory out-and re mount cook station,now has new owners and I am welcome to visit!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Round 1 - Highlanders v Blues - 20 - 60
    Round 2 - Highlanders v Crusaders - 52 - 15

We're 9th of 12 teams after two rounds with one being a blow out, chill out.
    i see what you're saying, but i think that after round 1, if we had not won, people here would have been complaining about the lack of cohesion (i know i did). The win gave us blue tinted glasses.

i hope i am wrong. i envision a lacklustre season (Again) and I hope that the players are on a multi-year contract, as we need to take the team we have and keep it mostly the same. avoid the re-learning the whole team and start from a solid base where we provide the players with consistency.

As for the NRC - Pugh just had an off season in the kiwi second tier, and apparently he is not a starter?

Innforcer, i guess we'll see. one of our comments will come back to haunt us.... i hope it is mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    The Force doesn't need GRR instead, it needs GRR as well. RA clearly has no intention of doing anything meaningful about an NRC, and the expansion teams more than anyone need that for player development. But a GRR would give a second string to the contracting bow, allowing a second income stream that might attract better players to make the move. On top of giving developing players a more professional environment, and allow for a bigger squad. Not to mention the possibility of an external revenue stream, not suffocating under the dead weight of RA incompetence.

But for all the pre-Covid promises and commitments to Asian teams and rugby, apparently not. One can only hope the pre- and end-season friendlies might turn into something, but it looks pretty wishful at best.
    Agreement

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    As for the NRC - Pugh just had an off season in the kiwi second tier, and apparently he is not a starter?
    He'll start this week and I think it's his job to keep Michael Wells on the bench.

For mine, the entire backrow were far too light to have any chance against the Reds' loose forwards and something needs to be done about that.

Now Jackson isn't a monster himself, but he does have the experience of handling some pretty impressive Kiwi outfits and making himself a regular starter in a fairly well supplied Auckland outfit.

You can't blame Ollie for being light, he just needs a few more seasons in the gym to put on the right kind of weight and Tim also needs to rid himself of his sevens body if he wants to get anywhere in 15s (which I think he has the potential to do, but he's too much of a rag doll at the moment)

Boog Koteka needs to get fit ASAP so that Ollie can play his minutes off the bench and not get beaten up while he's eating 6 protein meals a day and pushing mad iron.

C'mon the

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4