Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Signed Memorabilia

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Thumbs up Signed Memorabilia

What rubgy gear do you have that you personally got signed by a player, coach or whoever - but not purchased from ebay etc!!!

Tell us a bit about where and when you managed to get it.

I'll start - I have a Vodaphone jersey of mine signed by Chris Handy

To Happy
    Go you good thing
    Buddah

The Stayers went to a sydney test match but as we were going in they told us our tickets had already gone in. To cut a long story short they put us in a corporate box to watch the game, awesome seats and Buddah was just in front, so I went down at the half time break and asked him if he would mind signing my jersey - out came the old Artline 70 he had in his pocket and bingo!!

I never wore it again and gave it to Bruce at our sponsor Captured Ideas who framed it for me. It now sits very proudly in my pool room!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I got a copy of the Western Force book and Sparko had his "WESTFORCE" number plates signed by John Mitchell after a training session at Perry Lakes.

I bought another book for a friends birthday and took it to the upstairs reception at Perry lakes and left it with them, a week later they called me and said both John and Sharpie had signed it and it was ready to collect. I did leave them a bottle of the famous Hatch Lane as a thank you.

Oh and I won a ball autographed by Ben Darwin right here on The Whole Force.....and it has just dramatically increased in value! Thanks Coach.

vCash
    Ok umm where do I start,

Force Visor signed by Richard Brown, Haige Sare and Ben Darwin. Richard and Haige signed it for me as the left the field after the game againt the reds and Richard also took it into the change room and asked Ben Darwin to sign it for me.

Brumbies Jersey signed by most of the 2004 team, again after the game.

Reds v Tahs march to the match t-shirt signed by Mr Handy, nabbed him outside suncorp stadium after the march.

Bernie's book signed "To Michelle Go The Brumbies", got that one at his book signing in the city. He stayed and a had a chat to me because I was last in line.

Umm 2005 Brumbies team poster signed. That was Evie's doing that one.

Wallabies World Cup jersey signed by most of the squad, stayed at the same hotel in Coffs for a family wedding.

Scottish World Cup jersey signed by the squad. Stayed at the same hotel as them in Caloundra. They where impressed that my Dad could speak Gaelic and that I managed to fix the pool chair that they broke throwing someone in the pool. And not to mention the fact that I survived an attackfrom a "killer" Kangaroo.

Also have some Under 19's world cup socks from last year. I went through a stage of collecting rugby socks from different teams I have no idea why and the Faingaa boys collected some for me.

I also have a random assortment of autographs that are just on paper.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You're not an Alcoholic - just a STALKER!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    hahaha you think that makes me a stalker nobody asked me about cricket stuff......I have Michael Hussey's underwear.

vCash
    In 2005 a few of us went to Canberra to watch the Tahs play the Brumbies. The Tahs had never won there in the super competition, so when they eventually came up winners, not a single New South Welshperson left the stadium, we all crowded around the edges, cheering on long after the game, just watching the Tahs warm down on the field. Some of the players recognised the dedication and came over to talk to us, sign things, shake hands, pose for photos.

I was lucky enough to have my dad with his camera there, snapping photos as I was shaking hands with the players (didn't even know he was snapping them except for the whitaker pic), so anyway, I made the pics black and white and took them with me to one of the Tahs open training sessions and took a gold pen with me and got the players in question to sign the photos, then framed them. Since then I've had quite a few more photos with players that I'll also print black and white and get signed with the gold pen.

Also at the training session, I got most of the 2005 squad to sign Burkie, my dog. Matthew Burke has also signed him. His wife said it was a strange likeness when I told them what his name is

Photo nicked off the NSWRU site which I got printed and signed at a public appearance.

...aaaaaaand, the undefeated 1991 NSW Waratahs squad, I got this for my birthday this year, STILL from an unknown source (I mentioned this in an earlier thread)...

There you have it.

Oh, and Matt Burke's autobiography, which I got signed for my dad as a present.

Last edited by Sagerian; 29-08-06 at 16:26.

vCash
    Oh how could I forget my Matt Burke book as well, maybe because I havent read it.

And somewhere I have last years Reds poster signed by some of the boys.

Oh oh and My Tahs flag from the game this year with Whits, Sailor, Tuqiri, Kanaar, Robinson, Waugh, Hewat and a few more that I cant think of at the moment. It sits above my tv.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    brilliant stuff guys .. its great to see!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im bloody impressed and envious!Tyranny of distance for Perth im afraid.
    Im definitely going to win that jersey!!

vCash
    Well my dad and I collect memrobillia together, we have...

A Springboks rugby jersey signed by Gary (captain of the 98 Tri- Nations team that won) "To Mike and Shaun, All the best wishes, Gary"

A Sharks Jersey signed by Gary and Andre Joubert

An original painting of Andre Joubert, the only one in the world, signed by himself

A picture of Joel Stransky's drop goal in the 95 World Cup final signed by himself

I have a hat and a photo signed by Fransua (captain of 95 World Cup winning side)

I have a sharks jersey(too small for me now) jersey signed by Henry Honeball

A force cap signed by Junior, Daruda, Sharpe, Cannon, Digby

Force Poster signed by the majority of the squad

Force jersey signed by a few players

A gilbert ball signed by all the force players

The Force pre season book signed by John Mitchell

And on page 135 of the Force official book where Haig Sare is crossing the line you can see me in the background holding a chicken roll

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    And on page 135 of the Force official book where Haig Sare is crossing the line you can see me in the background holding a chicken roll
    Did the Chicken roll sign it!?

No? Oh... Then why even tease us like that? Seriously man, that's just mean.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Sagerian]Did the Chicken roll sign it!?

Foghorn Leghorn would of.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    do da do da

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Campdown Racetrack 5 mile long, do da do da. A classic!

vCash
    Back in '98 the Wallabies trained at my school and I got a poster signed by the whole team, which i then had block mounted.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast