Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Green and gold rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I think X has gone a little overboard with his Chicken Little analogy. 5 of the 6 he mentioned are passionate supporters of both rugby in general and Rugby in WA, who voice their genuine concerns at the ineptitude of the Australian governing body, perceived corruption in both some financial dealings and the cutting of WF, but also contribute on every other discussion.

The other one is a troll

To conflate those two groups only suits X own agenda, is incorrect, and frankly insulting.
    Gday Bison.

Im very curious as to what you think my agenda is?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Kurtley Beale doing himself no favours hanging out with people like Corey Norman.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6087115c34dc4e

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Rookie
    vCash
    Looking forward to RA’s lack of response in relation to this

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Kurtley Beale doing himself no favours hanging out with people like Corey Norman.

vCash
    It was several years ago however it will be interesting to see if this occurred around the time of the Link and Di episode.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Im curious - what does this have to do with Green and Gold Rugby?

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Nothing nefarious X, and something you have advertised at length....namely you want everyone to desist with negative waves about RA, Rebels, and the WF axing.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Nothing nefarious X, and something you have advertised at length....namely you want everyone to desist with negative waves about RA, Rebels, and the WF axing.
    Is that a bad thing?

Im pretty sure Im not alone.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Desist? There is no point being positive for the sake of it. It makes it less likely for them to be professional, accountable and stop wasting our money.

Mums and Dads are paying extra levies on top of player reg to cover costs of years of mismanagement. The NSWRU and the RA have to revenue raise because they are skint. Registration starts soon and clubs don’t know what the levies are this year so they can’t set their fees. The RA’s new player reg system is also broken.

Why’s this not being reported? I tell you why as there are very few making them accountable. Wayne Smith is back writing drivel in his articles. Even though the Force are no longer tied to the Clown College the state union who administers the club comp is.

Very little was said outside of the Canberra Times in regards to the justified comments made at the Brumbies AGM. Raelene has said nothing about it. The Brumbies CEO said that they don’t have the budget to market Super Rugby games and the RA have given them little support (which doesn’t surprise me as they get the least funding) and head office should be assisting as they have a duty to promote the comp as they entered teams in it. Nothing’s changed the comp is due to start on Feb 16 not one ad from the RA or SANZAAR to promote it. Foxsports promotions have been minimal.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 15-01-19 at 05:10.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Desist? There is no point being positive for the sake of it. It makes it less likely for them to be professional, accountable and stop wasting our money.

Mums and Dads are paying extra levies on top of player reg to cover costs of years of mismanagement. The NSWRU and the RA have to revenue raise because they are skint. Registration starts soon and clubs don’t know what the levies are this year so they can’t set their fees. The RA’s new player reg system is also broken.

Why’s this not being reported? I tell you why as there are very few making them accountable. Wayne Smith is back writing drivel in his articles. Even though the Force are no longer tied to the Clown College the state union who administers the club comp is.

Very little was said outside of the Canberra Times in regards to the justified comments made at the Brumbies AGM. Raelene has said nothing about it. The Brumbies CEO said that they don’t have the budget to market Super Rugby games and the RA have given them little support (which doesn’t surprise me as they get the least funding) and head office should be assisting as they have a duty to promote the comp as they entered teams in it. Nothing’s changed the comp is due to start on Feb 16 not one ad from the RA or SANZAAR to promote it. Foxsports promotions have been minimal.
    If you cant Desist - why not at least try and make it relevent.

This is TWF - The Whole Force and nothing but the Force. This is a Western Force FAN forum.

In your post you brought up RA, NSWRU, the Brumbies and SANZAAR. Who gives a fuck?

The Force arent playing against the Brumbies or the NSWRU. Global Rabid Rugby is managed by Hong Kong Rugby Union. SANZAAR and RA is no longer our problem. Who gives a fuck?

Wayne Smith isnt writing about GRR. He will. Nick Taylor does and he is a Perth local.

For the next 2 years, they have no relevance to the Western Force. They are not on our radar.

You are writing epic rants to the wrong market.

I would suggest that if you feel so strongly about it. Get in touch with Green and Gold Rugby. Offer to write an article for them. I did on multiple occassions. RugbyReg was very accommodating and allowed me to get my thoughts accross to much wider audience with greater exposure than the 35 regulars here on TWF who have a fair idea what you are going to say, before you even say it.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    There is a fundamental connectedness of all things
    If what you are saying is true X, we would have seceded from RA. Which BTW was what many wanted. We have not, the rest of Aus is still relevant. And a dog's dinner. Yes, this is primarily a FORCE forum. Yes, we also discuss many other aspects of rugby, including over the past year RA treatment of us. If it wasn't for Twiggy, there would be no Force, no TWF site. As it stands, we have a comp in name only while the rest of Aus is gearing up for another failed Stupor Rugby campaign. So yes, we are still feeling the effects of RA perfidy.

No, there is nothing wrong with your agenda. It's just another agenda

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    X the RA have a big affect on what WA Rugby players and parents pay when they register for the coming season people would rather pay a levy to promote the game and encourage people to play (where is the promotion from head office in regards to this) rather than cover mismanagement. It is still a Rugby WA and WAJRU problem.

The RA’s obfuscation is why the GRR comp is run out of Hong Kong rather than Perth which has cost local people employment opportunities and delayed the announcement of the teams participating in the comp. The NSWRU’s obfuscation has prevented a western Sydney team from entering the GRR comp and it wouldn’t have cost them a cent.

As for the Brumbies it goes back to the RA’s inability to promote the game and why WA is now in this situation.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If what you are saying is true X, we would have seceded from RA. Which BTW was what many wanted. We have not, the rest of Aus is still relevant. And a dog's dinner. Yes, this is primarily a FORCE forum. Yes, we also discuss many other aspects of rugby, including over the past year RA treatment of us. If it wasn't for Twiggy, there would be no Force, no TWF site. As it stands, we have a comp in name only while the rest of Aus is gearing up for another failed Stupor Rugby campaign. So yes, we are still feeling the effects of RA perfidy.

No, there is nothing wrong with your agenda. It's just another agenda
    X the RA have a big affect on what WA Rugby players and parents pay when they register for the coming season people would rather pay a levy to promote the game and encourage people to play (where is the promotion from head office in regards to this) rather than cover mismanagement. It is still a Rugby WA and WAJRU problem.

The RA’s obfuscation is why the GRR comp is run out of Hong Kong rather than Perth which has cost local people employment opportunities and delayed the announcement of the teams participating in the comp. The NSWRU’s obfuscation has prevented a western Sydney team from entering the GRR comp and it wouldn’t have cost them a cent.

As for the Brumbies it goes back to the RA’s inability to promote the game and why WA is now in this situation.
    I dont beleive that seceding from RA is an option, now, back then or in the future.

Andrew Forrest's aim for the new and improved Western Force and Global Rapid Rugby has always been to ensure that young WA Rugby players continue to have a pathway to the Wallabies. Seceding from RugbyAustralia - our governing body - not only closes off that avenue. But as I understand it, prevents All West Australians from legally playing the game of Rugby.

Yes we have discussed other Rugby topics on TWF in the past. The problem is, we have discussed them to death, expressed our collective outrage until we are blue in the face and nothing has changed. Legal challenges have failed. Not because of some East Coast bias, but because "Legally" they didnt do anything wrong - or we failed to prove our case. I and Bakkies have both attempted to use online petitions to encourage the Board of Rugby Australia to resign. Mine had well over 2000 signatures and failed to raise even an eyebrow. How did yours go Bakkies?

Look - I am over it - totally and completely over it. My mental health is suffering. The loss of the Force to Super Rugby and now this argument with you guys. I cant do this anymore. I have been a member of TWF since October of 2005. This has been my internet home for 14 years. I'm not saying this to be dramatic or to score points. I truly beleive that the continued bringing up what happened in 2017 is slowly killing TWF. Surely you must have noticed that less and less people are commenting. They are sick of the same old complaints and I am 100% sure that they and you are sick of me complaining about the complaints.

Can we find some middle ground? Please?

Can you save your comments about RugbyAustralia, Melbourne Rebels, Brumbies Super Rugby et-all on the relevent posts. And I will not go anywhere near those posts.

Can Western Force threads and Global Rapid Rugby Threads (which I am sure TWF will soon be inundated with) be about the bright and rosy future of WA Rugby?

Please?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    OF the 30 posts you have written 13 of them, people keep on coming back to what sort of trainwreck you are going to write next.

It seems your moronic stupidity knows no bounds. I will try and keep it simple for you. I don't like my chances. There is a real chance you won't understand what I am going to say.

At the moment TWF is being visited by about 35 regular people. Only 15 or so are posting of a regular basis and of that. there are maybe 6-8 of those posters who feel the need to whinge and bitch and whine about everything. Lets call this group the Chicken Littles.

The Chicken Littles will find away to complain about RugbyAustralia in each and every thread (well except the Birthdays) on a good day they will include the Salary Cap of the Rebels and complain about that too.

When that doesn't work - the Chicken Littles will find a news article. It may or not mention the Force. If it does they will complain about something. If it doesn't mention the Force. They will complain about that. The thing about our how grown group of Chicken Littles is that they support each other, back up each others whinging. Feed off of it. The thing about it is. Its been going for so long that they probably dont ever realise that they are doing it. The Chicken Littles are the ones that suggested that we all boycott the Bledisloe at Optus Stadium. And they told each other they were right. In the meantime the Bledisloe sold out. And the Chicken Littles will be sitting at home.

Now you might remember the 35plus people I mentioned. They are waiting. Waiting for the very loud and insistent voices of the Chicken Littles of TWF to stop whinging about shit and go back to supporting the Western Force. To talk about Rugby and all of the good things Andrew Forrest and Hodgo have done for us. Once the 35 find their voice. Others will return. And we will get to say Happy Birthday to them as well.

Happy New Year.
    Entertain me please, I just had a brief look through three different comments sections overat GAGR and noticed a common little trend. The same 20 posters appear to post over, and over, and over, again. I thought this was bizarre, I was given the impression by a certain TWF poster that more than 20 of the same people posted there. So I went to another link(which I struggled to click untill I googled it in the browser) and wollah!! The same 20 people again were posting. I did note Bakkies and a certain Force fan were part of this 20 person clique, although these two users were basically trying to enlighten certain GAGR users as to the injustices going on which the rest of these GAGR users were too busy promoting a glass half full story behind Australian rugby.

So this is a website with national presence with a pool of about 20 of the same people posting in almost every article. Then when I thought about TWF being a WA based website it seemed impressive when compared to the fluff RA Clyne and Raelene love website Green and Gold rugby. So basically that site is dead.

vCash
    X, I don't think we are bickering. I agree with most of your points, and appreciate those I don't agree with.

As others have mentioned, it's the off season. And news/information about GRR has ceased. That's going to cause a lack of posting, a voicing of frustration, and foster trolls coming out from under their bridge.

Threads about WF and GRR are mostly informative with mature debate however do contain the occasional rant from trusted posters. It's a tradition here to go off topic haha however it's mostly veers back after a bit of reparte. There are of course trolls, every site has a resident living under a bridge or in his mom's basement. All I am saying to you is not to conflate the former with the latter. That, and we are still intrinsically linked to RA

This thread is particularly good for a rant given who started it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    Looking forward to RA’s lack of response in relation to this
    Why should they respond?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast