Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Green and gold rugby

  1. #61
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,535
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    X the RA have a big affect on what WA Rugby players and parents pay when they register for the coming season people would rather pay a levy to promote the game and encourage people to play (where is the promotion from head office in regards to this) rather than cover mismanagement. It is still a Rugby WA and WAJRU problem.

    The RA’s obfuscation is why the GRR comp is run out of Hong Kong rather than Perth which has cost local people employment opportunities and delayed the announcement of the teams participating in the comp. The NSWRU’s obfuscation has prevented a western Sydney team from entering the GRR comp and it wouldn’t have cost them a cent.

    As for the Brumbies it goes back to the RA’s inability to promote the game and why WA is now in this situation.
    Bakkies, GRR may have HK as its "postal address" but I don't think has cost any local jobs. In fact when I was at HQ the other day I was surprised how many people are now working there. However I would of course much rather have seen it Perth based but as you say - that's down to RA obfuscation and moving at the speed of an iceberg.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #62
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,400
    vCash
    3332000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Just because the competition is governed from Hong Kong, it does not mean that the administration or running of the competition has to be based there. I would expect that Hodgo and his team are still based at Force HQ and he travels as required. There are these amazing things called computers that can make this all possible

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  3. #63
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,578
    vCash
    6174000
    Hello computer? Computer?

    Name:  homer-command-line.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  78.2 KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  4. #64
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,578
    vCash
    6174000
    HAL
    Name:  ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.png
Views: 163
Size:  103.3 KB

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  5. #65
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    vCash
    35580000
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I dont beleive that seceding from RA is an option, now, back then or in the future.

    Andrew Forrest's aim for the new and improved Western Force and Global Rapid Rugby has always been to ensure that young WA Rugby players continue to have a pathway to the Wallabies. Seceding from RugbyAustralia - our governing body - not only closes off that avenue. But as I understand it, prevents All West Australians from legally playing the game of Rugby.

    Yes we have discussed other Rugby topics on TWF in the past. The problem is, we have discussed them to death, expressed our collective outrage until we are blue in the face and nothing has changed. Legal challenges have failed. Not because of some East Coast bias, but because "Legally" they didnt do anything wrong - or we failed to prove our case. I and Bakkies have both attempted to use online petitions to encourage the Board of Rugby Australia to resign. Mine had well over 2000 signatures and failed to raise even an eyebrow. How did yours go Bakkies?

    Look - I am over it - totally and completely over it. My mental health is suffering. The loss of the Force to Super Rugby and now this argument with you guys. I cant do this anymore. I have been a member of TWF since October of 2005. This has been my internet home for 14 years. I'm not saying this to be dramatic or to score points. I truly beleive that the continued bringing up what happened in 2017 is slowly killing TWF. Surely you must have noticed that less and less people are commenting. They are sick of the same old complaints and I am 100% sure that they and you are sick of me complaining about the complaints.

    Can we find some middle ground? Please?

    Can you save your comments about RugbyAustralia, Melbourne Rebels, Brumbies Super Rugby et-all on the relevent posts. And I will not go anywhere near those posts.

    Can Western Force threads and Global Rapid Rugby Threads (which I am sure TWF will soon be inundated with) be about the bright and rosy future of WA Rugby?

    Please?
    You can always join the 20 blokes over at Green and gold rugby, I am sure you will find plenty to talk about.. good luck.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,098
    vCash
    450000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    You can always join the 20 blokes over at Green and gold rugby, I am sure you will find plenty to talk about.. good luck.
    You really are all sorts of special, aren't you?

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  7. #67
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    5300000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just because the competition is governed from Hong Kong, it does not mean that the administration or running of the competition has to be based there. I would expect that Hodgo and his team are still based at Force HQ and he travels as required. There are these amazing things called computers that can make this all possible
    Rugby doesn’t work like that. You have to have administration staff where the game is governed. I doubt Hong Kong would have agreed to it otherwise.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  8. #68
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,578
    vCash
    6174000
    I'm going with living in his mum's basement

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  9. #69
    Veteran BLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,674
    vCash
    5100000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Rugby doesn’t work like that. You have to have administration staff where the game is governed. I doubt Hong Kong would have agreed to it otherwise.
    Maybe it's our version of secret unit trusts?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #70
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,578
    vCash
    6174000
    Except it's not secret

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Green and Gold Rugby help
    By RugbyReg in forum Western Force
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 29-09-15, 08:13
  2. Living the (Green & Gold) Dream!
    By Burgs in forum Pek Cowan
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-06-09, 23:10
  3. Valentine eyes green and gold
    By lara93 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-08, 14:19
  4. Green and Gold Rugby
    By greenandgoldrugby in forum Web Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-07, 19:20
  5. Green and Gold Malaria
    By .X. in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-06-06, 15:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •