Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Georgina Robinson loses the game of chicken

  1. #1
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,075
    vCash
    16392000
    The Bronze Star of Faith

    Georgina Robinson loses the game of chicken

    I noted a couple of interesting points in this article by Georgina Robinson

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...02-p50jqp.html

    First, she appears to have lost her nerve in the whole calling out RA, she obviously wants something out of uncle Cam and whichever of Ealesey's mates is the current propaganda manager, because she's managed to imply that, when the Wobblies fail to exit their pool next year, it will be all Sean McMahon's fault.

    Secondly, if you look towards the bottom of the article, she releases the bombshell that (moderately) High Performance Manager Ben Whitaker will be conducting the review into the Wallaby performance that he's responsible for! That seems independent! Maybe he'll interview all relevant stakeholders and conduct blind polls of the rugby watching public before he says that everything's going fine and Cheika has a plan.

    If I was Simon Raiwalui I'd be extremely nervous, because he's the obvious scapegoat which will be used to save the entitles arses of the rest of the coaching/playing group!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  2. #2
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    5316000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I noted a couple of interesting points in this article by Georgina Robinson

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...02-p50jqp.html

    First, she appears to have lost her nerve in the whole calling out RA, she obviously wants something out of uncle Cam and whichever of Ealesey's mates is the current propaganda manager, because she's managed to imply that, when the Wobblies fail to exit their pool next year, it will be all Sean McMahon's fault.

    !
    Have a look reasons at why Sean signed with Japanese back 12 months ago. He is now just recovering from another injury and he knows his body wont stand up to Test rugby. More money in Japan and less wear and tear in the time he has left. Wise man.

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...25-gzspgu.html

    Edinburgh: Sean McMahon admits he took up a deal in Japanese rugby because he doesn't think his body will hold up to the demands of the game when he is 30 years old.

    It is an honest confession from one of Australia's best back-rowers but an insight into why McMahon is trying to make as much money from the game in the limited window he has.

    Tough style: Australia's Sean McMahon takes on the Wales defence earlier this month.
    Tough style: Australia's Sean McMahon takes on the Wales defence earlier this month.CREDIT:AAP

    Understood to not be completely happy with an offer from Australian Rugby to keep him in Super Rugby, McMahon has opted for an overseas contract, much like another stellar back-rower in Liam Gill did in France a few years back.

    McMahon says the decision was made with his body's best interests in mind.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Player UAUdiver1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mullaloo
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    5406000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Have a look reasons at why Sean signed with Japanese back 12 months ago. He is now just recovering from another injury and he knows his body wont stand up to Test rugby. More money in Japan and less wear and tear in the time he has left. Wise man.

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...25-gzspgu.html

    Edinburgh: Sean McMahon admits he took up a deal in Japanese rugby because he doesn't think his body will hold up to the demands of the game when he is 30 years old.

    It is an honest confession from one of Australia's best back-rowers but an insight into why McMahon is trying to make as much money from the game in the limited window he has.

    Tough style: Australia's Sean McMahon takes on the Wales defence earlier this month.
    Tough style: Australia's Sean McMahon takes on the Wales defence earlier this month.CREDIT:AAP

    Understood to not be completely happy with an offer from Australian Rugby to keep him in Super Rugby, McMahon has opted for an overseas contract, much like another stellar back-rower in Liam Gill did in France a few years back.

    McMahon says the decision was made with his body's best interests in mind.
    Hard to stay when Hooper has a 5 yr contract to play for the Wallabies and Pocock is ...well, Pocock. This is the main reason the Hooper contract has sent the wrong message to all of our 6,7 and 8's. Unless you play for the Waratah's of course...that should go without saying.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    569
    vCash
    5030000
    But McMahon has been kept in Super Rugby?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    429
    vCash
    5316000
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    But McMahon has been kept in Super Rugby?
    Maybe not!

    The Super Rugby nations are considering cutting the competition back to 14 teams and doing away with the unpopular conference system from 2021.

    Not for the first time, Japan's Sunwolves are in the firing line as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Argentina battle to agree on a format that suits all unions.

    More here

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...02-p50jpe.html

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Player UAUdiver1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mullaloo
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    5406000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Maybe not!

    The Super Rugby nations are considering cutting the competition back to 14 teams and doing away with the unpopular conference system from 2021.

    Not for the first time, Japan's Sunwolves are in the firing line as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Argentina battle to agree on a format that suits all unions.


    More here

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...02-p50jpe.html
    Agree, read that and was told that last year the Sunwolves were a whisker away from throwing the towel in. Hardly any Japanese players...mostly Journeymen.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,899
    vCash
    5258000
    Sunwolves will eventually go to Twiggy ball they should be looking at 2020 as Super Rugby was just a tool to prepare them for the RWC.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  8. #8
    Rookie Basha69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    5052000
    His body will recover when Cheika is gone

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,899
    vCash
    5258000
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    His body will recover when Cheika is gone
    Rocky Elsomís didnít. To have that type of player in Australian Rugby you need a build like Jim Williams or Owen Finegan to punch up the guts through heavy contact. McMahon and Elsom wouldnít have had that build growing up by are asked to play the same way.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,524
    vCash
    6114000
    Welllll...after listening to Georgina last weekend on ABC Radio (from Insiders?) Only one word springs to mind:

    Disingenuous

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  11. #11
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,066
    vCash
    35530000
    She is a full blown RA mouth piece, a rubbish journalist that simply has no investigative skills. Georginas articles read with a huge RA/Cheika bias, probably from her time on the Foxsports rugby show with Kafer and co and numerous sit downs with Cheika, she has succumbed to the whole illusion that everything is rainbows in the land of Rugby Australia.. she doesnt seem to grasp public sentiment and the real issues at hand in grassroots and Australian rugby and doesnt get the true rugby 'fan' . She is more interested in her exclusive scoops which she gets by being a Clyne puppet piece with a slice of Cheika thrown in for good measure and is desperately trying to hold onto her position before the house comes crashing down, she knows her cushy little relationship goes up in smoke when that happens.. and it's happening now, especially once the 'Rebel' rapid rugby league fires up and Forrest gets into a player bidding war with Clyne until he resigns... great times ahead.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Rookie Basha69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    5052000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Rocky Elsomís didnít. To have that type of player in Australian Rugby you need a build like Jim Williams or Owen Finegan to punch up the guts through heavy contact. McMahon and Elsom wouldnít have had that build growing up by are asked to play the same way.
    Hey Bakkies i'm just going on rumours i've heard through the grapevine......as good as a number of players are, they have left as they know they won't get a look in whilst Cheika is coach/selector.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,075
    vCash
    16392000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    Hey Bakkies i'm just going on rumours i've heard through the grapevine......as good as a number of players are, they have left as they know they won't get a look in whilst Cheika is coach/selector.
    Is that rumour or simply unsupported fact? Everybody in the known universe knows that nobody gets a serious look at 9, 10, 7 or 15 in a Cheika all side. 8 is reserved for the best fetcher in aussie rugby, so you have to beat pocock there and the bench is only used to give foreign waratahs a test cap so they are cheaper to contract, when they don't need to do any of that, they keep throwing hanigan in there in the hope that he'll grow into something more than a b grader. If you don't wear sky blue for your day job, you may as well look overseas

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  14. #14
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,899
    vCash
    5258000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Is that rumour or simply unsupported fact? Everybody in the known universe knows that nobody gets a serious look at 9, 10, 7 or 15 in a Cheika all side. 8 is reserved for the best fetcher in aussie rugby, so you have to beat pocock there and the bench is only used to give foreign waratahs a test cap so they are cheaper to contract, when they don't need to do any of that, they keep throwing hanigan in there in the hope that he'll grow into something more than a b grader. If you don't wear sky blue for your day job, you may as well look overseas
    It doesnít need to be supported. Just look at Gillís rows and threats to the RA over his contract than followed through on it. Then you have Ben Mowen not getting an offer from the RA while test captain which voided his Brumbies extension. He wanted to stay but such as the nature of the farcical contract situations which a lack of a contract from the RA can void a Super Rugby deal.

    The RA brought back Naiyavoro and Douglas in the first year of respective three season deals in Europe they hardly played or in Taqeleís case not at all so they farked off again. They are doing the same with Toomua and Luke Jones. Jones wonít get picked and I donít think test Rugby is his level and Toomua has already been shafted like he did before he left.They need to leave these blokes alone and it messes with their head. Toomua will leave Leicester in April next year battered from travel and playing in losing teams. Leicester are fighting relegation and he is joining a team in Australia with no winning culture. Rugby is about the top two inches and not many have it.

    The Wallabies badly need a Peter OíMahony a bloke that will fight in a Rugby sense all day for his team and his players will do the same for him. Winning clutch line outs against the throw in his own half, not releasing penalties when his side is on the ropes and plays till he canít stand. He doesnít talk waffle either. He might have had some of that coming through underage but learnt from Paul OíConnell who played and led the same way. Pocock is probably the only one but the young players have left or the players that have a bit of something but not getting minutes. Neither tolerate cutting corners. OíConnellís seniors at Munster knew that the bloke had a presence when he walked in to that old headís dressing room full of Ireland and Lions caps as a young man.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 05-12-18 at 19:09.

  15. #15
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    227
    vCash
    5054000
    "Rugby is about the top two inches and not many have it. "

    So its about the Top 1/3 then?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Now even Georgina is going after the ARU
    By Danger in forum Western Force
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-04-17, 14:28
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-01-17, 10:05
  3. Beer Can Chicken
    By Darren in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 20-12-09, 20:48
  4. Why did the chicken cross the road?
    By Burgs in forum Jokes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-11-08, 09:51
  5. Robinson out of Ireland game
    By NewsBot in forum News Feeds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-02-07, 23:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •