Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Spiro mans up and calls out the RA

  1. #31
    Player lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    5324000
    page 20 Gareth Robinson and fellow Director Joel Lockwood talk about their amazing call centre in India for their company Expert Finance Group P/L which they have only last week applied to wind up. Interesting isn't it?
    https://issuu.com/keymedia/docs/ab1308_emag

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

  2. #32
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,437
    vCash
    5318000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    page 20 Gareth Robinson and fellow Director Joel Lockwood talk about their amazing call centre in India for their company Expert Finance Group P/L which they have only last week applied to wind up. Interesting isn't it?
    https://issuu.com/keymedia/docs/ab1308_emag
    Hard not to see a pattern emerging. When in financial strife, give your money to the Rebels. Interesting

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 02-12-18 at 22:47.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  3. #33
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,336
    vCash
    270000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    maybe they were getting lessons off Tim Johnston

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #34
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,037
    vCash
    19620000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hard not to see a pattern emerging. When in financial strife, give your money to the Rebels. Interesting
    Well, there is a financial industry belief that you have to speculate to accumulate; so when your company is about to go down the tubes, you might as well organise sponsorship of a major sports team (especially one which doesn't do due diligence) as the resulting boost in interest could bring in enough money to cover your sponsorship and keep the company afloat. And if this doesn't work, your company goes bust anyway and you've lost nothing.

    I wonder how much it costs to advertise on the back leg of a team's rugby shorts, anyway? Not a huge amount, I'd wager.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  5. #35
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,079
    vCash
    16400000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wonder how much it costs to advertise on the back leg of a team's rugby shorts, anyway? Not a huge amount, I'd wager.
    isn't it like "you put your logo on the leg of our shorts and we'll underwrite your operation to ensure you don't go bankrupt. Don't worry, the ARU are writing the cheques"

    or was that a special deal for Andrew Cox?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #36
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,037
    vCash
    19620000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    isn't it like "you put your logo on the leg of our shorts and we'll underwrite your operation to ensure you don't go bankrupt. Don't worry, the ARU are writing the cheques"

    or was that a special deal for Andrew Cox?
    You may say that; I couldn't possibly comment

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  7. #37
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,203
    vCash
    5440000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    You may say that; I couldn't possibly comment
    Well said "Malcolm".

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  8. #38
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,437
    vCash
    5318000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Well, there is a financial industry belief that you have to speculate to accumulate; so when your company is about to go down the tubes, you might as well organise sponsorship of a major sports team (especially one which doesn't do due diligence) as the resulting boost in interest could bring in enough money to cover your sponsorship and keep the company afloat. And if this doesn't work, your company goes bust anyway and you've lost nothing.

    I wonder how much it costs to advertise on the back leg of a team's rugby shorts, anyway? Not a huge amount, I'd wager.
    And I suppose the more money you spend, the less is left for creditors if the company does end up going under.

    As the MRRU is a private company the public will never know how much they paid for the sponsorship, nor how the MRRU used the money.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  9. #39
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    5262000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And I suppose the more money you spend, the less is left for creditors if the company does end up going under.

    As the MRRU is a private company the public will never know how much they paid for the sponsorship, nor how the MRRU used the money.
    There is a but. The VRU brought the Rabble for a dollar circa August 2017 so we have already had end of calendar year in 2017 and tax year ending in June 30 2018 there should be reports showing transactions. As far as we know the VRU haven’t looked for another buyer or handed it over to the RA.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #40
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,037
    vCash
    19620000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well said "Malcolm".
    I recall the original - Francis Urquhart!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  11. #41
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    5262000
    It is quiet sad that this mob continue to run a Rugby club this way. They remind me of oldCo Rangers.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  12. #42
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,535
    vCash
    6122000
    Sheikh, I have spotted a major flaw in your cunning plan

    You mentioned sponsoring a MAJOR sporing team....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  13. #43
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,203
    vCash
    5440000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I recall the original - Francis Urquhart!
    Hmmmm. Not sure if you can quote fictional PMs. But seeing as we are talking about fictional sponsors......touché.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  14. #44
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,037
    vCash
    19620000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hmmmm. Not sure if you can quote fictional PMs. But seeing as we are talking about fictional sponsors......touché.
    What's wrong with quoting fictional characters? Can't I quote Hamlet?

    - To be, or not to be: that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them.
    - To sleep, perchance to dream
    - To thine own self be true, then we cannot be false to anyone
    - Though this be madness, yet there is method in it
    - The lady doth protest too much, methinks
    - Something is rotten in the state of Moore Park

    After all, there are more things in Heaven and Earth, Shasta, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

    (Mind you, I should live by: "Brevity is the soul of wit"!)

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Spiro goes off the deep end.
    By MI5_Dog in forum Western Force
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-17, 18:20
  2. Spiro on his high horse again..
    By andrewM in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 21-02-17, 08:03
  3. Wank from Spiro @ Roar
    By travelling_gerry in forum Jokes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-03-10, 11:43
  4. Cro Magnon Mans 100th Cap
    By Burgs in forum NSW Waratahs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-02-09, 18:02
  5. Spiro comes Good
    By blindsid3 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-02-07, 22:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •