Thread: Isi Naisarani to travel on Wallabies tour

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Isi Naisarani to travel on Wallabies tour

Adrian WarrenAAP
    November 3, 2018 5:07PM

Fijian-born powerhouse Isi Naisarani's potential to solve Australia's back-row dilemma has been underlined, with his naming as a development player to accompany the Wallabies on their spring tour.

Naisarani isn't eligible to represent Australia until April, but the 195cm 23-year-old is widely considered the player who can add much-needed height and bulk alongside world-class flankers Michael Hooper and David Pocock.

He played for Western Force in 2017 and Melbourne Rebels this year, before committing to the Brumbies for next year.

Talented Queensland Reds teenage back Jordan Petaia and halfback Jake Gordon are the only uncapped members of the official 32-man squad.

Petaia would become the third youngest player to ever debut for the Wallabies, should he make an appearance in the November internationals against either Wales or Italy.

Naisarani and fellow Brumbies back-rower Rob Valentini, who will also travel as a development player, are still to earn a Test cap.

The squad includes three overseas-based players.

Utility back Adam Ashley-Cooper, who is based in Japan with Kobe Steelers, has the chance to add to his tally of 116 caps - the last being in 2016.

Veteran hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau will link up with the Wallabies in Wales, after playing for Leicester in the English Premiership since his last Test appearance in September against Argentina on the Gold Coast.

Playmaker Matt Toomua is still attached to Leicester despite playing all six Rugby Championship matches.

Of the squad originally named for last week's Bledisloe Cup Test, hooker Brandon Paenga-Amosa and uncapped lock-flanker Jed Holloway have been omitted.

Holloway has been battling with hamstring and back niggles.

Lock Adam Coleman has been training fully after missing the Bledisloe game with a groin problem.

Wallabies Squad:-
    Forwards:
    Jermaine Ainsley (Rebels), Allan Alaalatoa (Brumbies), Rory Arnold (Brumbies), Adam Coleman (Rebels), Jack Dempsey (Waratahs), Folau Fainga'a ( Brumbies), Ned Hanigan (Waratahs), Michael Hooper (capt, Waratahs), Sekope Kepu (Waratahs ), Tolu Latu (Waratahs), Tatafu Polota-Nau (Leicester, England) David Pocock (Brumbies), Izack Rodda (Reds), Rob Simmons (Waratahs), Pete Samu (Brumbies), Scott Sio (Brumbies), Taniela Tupou (Reds).
    Backs:
    Adam Ashley-Cooper (Kobe Steelers, Japan), Tom Banks (Brumbies), Kurtley Beale, (Waratahs), Israel Folau (Waratahs), Bernard Foley (Waratahs), Will Genia (Rebels), Jake Gordon* (Waratahs), Dane Haylett-Petty (Rebels), Samu Kerevi (Reds), Marika Koroibete (Rebels), Jack Maddocks (Rebels), Sefa Naivalu (Rebels), Jordan Petaia (Reds), Nick Phipps (Waratahs), Matt Toomua (Leicester, England/Rebels)
    Development players:
    Rob Valetini* (Brumbies), Isi Naisarani* (Rebels)
    *denotes uncapped.

Spring Tour Matches:
    * Wales (Principality Stadium, Cardiff, Sunday November 11, 4:05am AEDT)
    * Italy (Stadio Euganeo, Padua, Sunday November 18, 12:45am AEDT)
    * England (Twickenham Stadium, London, Sunday November 25, 1:45am AEDT).

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...r-ng-s-1903340

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    2017 TWF Rookie of the Year - we know how to pick em

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    How much grassroots money will it cost to bring an ineligible tackle bag holder for this tour?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Didn’t he play for the Brumbies this year and has signed for the fat and bloated Rebels for next year? The article has it the other way round.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    How much grassroots money will it cost to bring an ineligible tackle bag holder for this tour?
    Probably a lot less than the bill for flying the board over there for their regular first class, 6* pre-Christmas European junket.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Didn’t he play for the Brumbies this year and has signed for the fat and bloated Rebels for next year? The article has it the other way round.
    Indeed

The journo has now been sent to Coventry instead of Cardiff. The narrative was meant to be Isi played for the Brumbies before realising his potential by signing for the Rebels next year.

Amateur effort, he's probably a cadet

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor