Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 3 - 27 October 2018

vCash
    Hey, he was single-handedly responsible for the performance of that semi pro team

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Bit low turnout so far. Even the Rabble gets more (although their count includes players and officials).

Anyone coming to Leederville Bowlo?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    so a gy who has been out injured an ebtire season, who hasnt played a single minute of professional rugby for a year, is ok to face the All Blacks after cantering around in semi-pro NRC. In fact for the worst team. No problemo, he'll be fighting match fit and will be our best player no doubt
    Epitomises what's wrong with Australian Rugby and the Wallabies.

vCash
    My burning question to all the Rugby journalist, RA board members and current RA CEO. After the world cup next year and after 5 very long years in the job of head coach, how will Michael Chieka leave professional Rugby in Australia? He will have the poorest win loss ratio, we will be lower in world rankings and what has he done in regards to our playing depth and talent identification? We have the same 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15 as did 5 years ago. No bright young talents on the bench either.
    Will he be leaving it in a better condition than when he started? We all know the answer and yet we keep blundering forward with him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Who knows about the RWC games but what we do know is that demand so far has exceeded expectations. They have had to reject ballot applications due to matches approaching capacity.
    The crowd in Yokohama is reported to have been 46,143, which may be the largest attendance at a rugby test in Japan.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/10...-zealand-match
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting weary of these puffed up propaganda pieces written by the ARU/RA's media sycophants. I shouldn't keep reading them, I suppose.

vCash
    Wonder if Clyne, his acolytes and a few trusty pals got an all expenses paid, first class, six star, champagne and caviar stay in Yokohama this weekend. To be able to properly check on Cheika’s KPIs of course.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Today was as expected. A top side playing an inferior one . No surprises there . I’ve said this before you can try treat the symptoms but if the virus is not attacked the symptoms will keep appearing....... the virus is flourishing in that fancy building in Sydney ... more of the same to come .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    My burning question to all the Rugby journalist, RA board members and current RA CEO. After the world cup next year and after 5 very long years in the job of head coach, how will Michael Chieka leave professional Rugby in Australia? He will have the poorest win loss ratio, we will be lower in world rankings and what has he done in regards to our playing depth and talent identification? We have the same 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15 as did 5 years ago. No bright young talents on the bench either.
    Will he be leaving it in a better condition than when he started? We all know the answer and yet we keep blundering forward with him.
    He is the Declan Kidney of Aus Rugby living off his provincial results, got a high (Kidney's was the 2009 Grand Slam off the back of Eddie O'Sullivan's squad) than plateaued to a low Kidney got the boot finishing 5th in the 6 Nations losing to Italy running out of players (Ireland's lowest finish in the 6 Nations era), had staunch supporters despite his lack of tactical evolvement and couldn't decide on his best flyhalf. Schmidt turned it around in a few months and won the 6 Nations.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wonder if Clyne, his acolytes and a few trusty pals got an all expenses paid, first class, six star, champagne and caviar stay in Yokohama this weekend. To be able to properly check on Cheika’s KPIs of course.
    Which member of the Clown College presented the Drua the hideous NRC trophy? I do know that O'Neill and John Coates were present at the test match two men who left reckless legacies to their respective organisations.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Wallabies-great-phil-kearns-argues-all-blacks-are-getting-a-free-ride-from-referees

Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

The reason why the Wallabies are unable to win against the All Blacks has been revealed.

It isn't because of any failings by Cheika and the Wallabies coaching team.
    It isn't because of poor rugby skills possessed by the Wallabies players.
    It isn't because of inadequate development at the club and grass-roots levels of Australian rugby.

The Wallabies are failing because of a conspiracy by World Rugby's referees to give the All Blacks a "free ride".

vCash
    Anyone else wishing there was a third Springboks-All Blacks test this year instead?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Wallabies-great-phil-kearns-argues-all-blacks-are-getting-a-free-ride-from-referees

The reason why the Wallabies are unable to win against the All Blacks has been revealed.

It isn't because of inadequate development at the club and grass-roots levels of Australian rugby.

The Wallabies are failing because of a conspiracy by World Rugby's referees to give the All Blacks a "free ride".
    I suppose they gifted New Zealand the Lions series too, oh wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

I agree with all of this though also have some sympathy for Kearn’s point of view. The ABs get a good deal from the refs. You would have to be blind not to see that. Anyone remember Richie McCaw?

Increasingly though I am seeing the ABs becoming too cocky. Taylor’s work on Latu is a good example, Aaron Smith is a genius at it and TJP showed his true colours yesterday as well. They all shoot from the lip at every opportunity. Our cricketers were known for the same thing and it all turned to mud. I expect the same will happen to the ABs. They play great football - absolutely. Are they great sportsmen? I think not.

vCash
    Doesn't mean latus reaction wasn't dumb though, other teams play into the abs hands. When somebody pushes you, you have two choices, go for the yellow card by escalating, or return the exact same and force the ref to decide between penalising the instigator or the retaliatory.

(or you could become a soccer player and fall to the ground screaming)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Doesn't mean latus reaction wasn't dumb though, other teams play into the abs hands. When somebody pushes you, you have two choices, go for the yellow card by escalating, or return the exact same and force the ref to decide between penalising the instigator or the retaliatory.

(or you could become a soccer player and fall to the ground screaming)
    An oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/9ukFUEI5qz8

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast