Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53

Thread: Bledisloe 3 - 27 October 2018

  1. #16
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,080
    vCash
    16402000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Hey, he was single-handedly responsible for the performance of that semi pro team

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  2. #17
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,749
    vCash
    5550950
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Bit low turnout so far. Even the Rabble gets more (although their count includes players and officials).

    Anyone coming to Leederville Bowlo?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  3. #18
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,177
    vCash
    5446000
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    so a gy who has been out injured an ebtire season, who hasnt played a single minute of professional rugby for a year, is ok to face the All Blacks after cantering around in semi-pro NRC. In fact for the worst team. No problemo, he'll be fighting match fit and will be our best player no doubt
    Epitomises what's wrong with Australian Rugby and the Wallabies.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #19
    Player UAUdiver1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mullaloo
    Posts
    362
    vCash
    5414000
    My burning question to all the Rugby journalist, RA board members and current RA CEO. After the world cup next year and after 5 very long years in the job of head coach, how will Michael Chieka leave professional Rugby in Australia? He will have the poorest win loss ratio, we will be lower in world rankings and what has he done in regards to our playing depth and talent identification? We have the same 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15 as did 5 years ago. No bright young talents on the bench either.
    Will he be leaving it in a better condition than when he started? We all know the answer and yet we keep blundering forward with him.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #20
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    450
    vCash
    5130000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Who knows about the RWC games but what we do know is that demand so far has exceeded expectations. They have had to reject ballot applications due to matches approaching capacity.
    The crowd in Yokohama is reported to have been 46,143, which may be the largest attendance at a rugby test in Japan.

    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/10...-zealand-match
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting weary of these puffed up propaganda pieces written by the ARU/RA's media sycophants. I shouldn't keep reading them, I suppose.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,439
    vCash
    5320000
    TWF Contributor!
    Wonder if Clyne, his acolytes and a few trusty pals got an all expenses paid, first class, six star, champagne and caviar stay in Yokohama this weekend. To be able to properly check on Cheikaís KPIs of course.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  7. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    5112000
    Today was as expected. A top side playing an inferior one . No surprises there . Iíve said this before you can try treat the symptoms but if the virus is not attacked the symptoms will keep appearing....... the virus is flourishing in that fancy building in Sydney ... more of the same to come .

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    5264000
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    My burning question to all the Rugby journalist, RA board members and current RA CEO. After the world cup next year and after 5 very long years in the job of head coach, how will Michael Chieka leave professional Rugby in Australia? He will have the poorest win loss ratio, we will be lower in world rankings and what has he done in regards to our playing depth and talent identification? We have the same 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15 as did 5 years ago. No bright young talents on the bench either.
    Will he be leaving it in a better condition than when he started? We all know the answer and yet we keep blundering forward with him.
    He is the Declan Kidney of Aus Rugby living off his provincial results, got a high (Kidney's was the 2009 Grand Slam off the back of Eddie O'Sullivan's squad) than plateaued to a low Kidney got the boot finishing 5th in the 6 Nations losing to Italy running out of players (Ireland's lowest finish in the 6 Nations era), had staunch supporters despite his lack of tactical evolvement and couldn't decide on his best flyhalf. Schmidt turned it around in a few months and won the 6 Nations.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  9. #24
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    5264000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wonder if Clyne, his acolytes and a few trusty pals got an all expenses paid, first class, six star, champagne and caviar stay in Yokohama this weekend. To be able to properly check on Cheikaís KPIs of course.
    Which member of the Clown College presented the Drua the hideous NRC trophy? I do know that O'Neill and John Coates were present at the test match two men who left reckless legacies to their respective organisations.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  10. #25
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    450
    vCash
    5130000
    Wallabies-great-phil-kearns-argues-all-blacks-are-getting-a-free-ride-from-referees

    Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

    The reason why the Wallabies are unable to win against the All Blacks has been revealed.

    It isn't because of any failings by Cheika and the Wallabies coaching team.
    It isn't because of poor rugby skills possessed by the Wallabies players.
    It isn't because of inadequate development at the club and grass-roots levels of Australian rugby.

    The Wallabies are failing because of a conspiracy by World Rugby's referees to give the All Blacks a "free ride".

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,520
    vCash
    5416000
    Anyone else wishing there was a third Springboks-All Blacks test this year instead?

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  12. #27
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    35540000
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Wallabies-great-phil-kearns-argues-all-blacks-are-getting-a-free-ride-from-referees

    Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

    The reason why the Wallabies are unable to win against the All Blacks has been revealed.

    It isn't because of any failings by Cheika and the Wallabies coaching team.
    It isn't because of poor rugby skills possessed by the Wallabies players.
    It isn't because of inadequate development at the club and grass-roots levels of Australian rugby.

    The Wallabies are failing because of a conspiracy by World Rugby's referees to give the All Blacks a "free ride".
    I suppose they gifted New Zealand the Lions series too, oh wait!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Rookie Markos2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Mount Lawley
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    3881000
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Wallabies-great-phil-kearns-argues-all-blacks-are-getting-a-free-ride-from-referees

    Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

    The reason why the Wallabies are unable to win against the All Blacks has been revealed.

    It isn't because of any failings by Cheika and the Wallabies coaching team.
    It isn't because of poor rugby skills possessed by the Wallabies players.
    It isn't because of inadequate development at the club and grass-roots levels of Australian rugby.

    The Wallabies are failing because of a conspiracy by World Rugby's referees to give the All Blacks a "free ride".
    I agree with all of this though also have some sympathy for Kearnís point of view. The ABs get a good deal from the refs. You would have to be blind not to see that. Anyone remember Richie McCaw?

    Increasingly though I am seeing the ABs becoming too cocky. Taylorís work on Latu is a good example, Aaron Smith is a genius at it and TJP showed his true colours yesterday as well. They all shoot from the lip at every opportunity. Our cricketers were known for the same thing and it all turned to mud. I expect the same will happen to the ABs. They play great football - absolutely. Are they great sportsmen? I think not.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,080
    vCash
    16402000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Doesn't mean latus reaction wasn't dumb though, other teams play into the abs hands. When somebody pushes you, you have two choices, go for the yellow card by escalating, or return the exact same and force the ref to decide between penalising the instigator or the retaliatory.

    (or you could become a soccer player and fall to the ground screaming)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #30
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,535
    vCash
    6124000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Doesn't mean latus reaction wasn't dumb though, other teams play into the abs hands. When somebody pushes you, you have two choices, go for the yellow card by escalating, or return the exact same and force the ref to decide between penalising the instigator or the retaliatory.

    (or you could become a soccer player and fall to the ground screaming)
    An oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/9ukFUEI5qz8

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wallabies v Argentina - 7 October 2018
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-10-18, 04:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •