Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Time running out to see if Twiggy Forrest can ruck and roll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    I only ask you because I know you have the corporate memory and now the figures. But so you can re-educate TWAS and the Clyne-sycophants who troll this forum - how much was going to be saved from cutting the Force? And where were the funds to be distributed?
    It was $6milion a year and it was to be re-directed to “grassroots”. Fail and epic fail.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Those hacks are just looking to deflect attention away from Super Rugby as it hurtles towards the buffers post 2020. When that day comes, I hope WSR is very judicious in the distribution of press passes and access to WSR games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It was $6milion a year and it was to be re-directed to “grassroots”. Fail and epic fail.
    and people believe that bullshit.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    One slight issue I have with the "$6 million", was that this was the grant for all other teams (bar Melbourne). The only year we received a grant either equal or greater than the other teams was 2016 when, IIRC, the other teams got ~$5.2 million, whilst we got a 'grant' of ~$3.7 million, and a 'bail-out' of ~$3.5 million. If we'd have received the same grant as the other sides, the 'bail-out' would have been less.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Spot on Sheikh. The playing field was never even. Never.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    One slight issue I have with the "$6 million", was that this was the grant for all other teams (bar Melbourne). The only year we received a grant either equal or greater than the other teams was 2016 when, IIRC, the other teams got ~$5.2 million, whilst we got a 'grant' of ~$3.7 million, and a 'bail-out' of ~$3.5 million. If we'd have received the same grant as the other sides, the 'bail-out' would have been less.
    The Force got around $8.8 million last year the extra money was part of the Assassination Agreement. The Rabble over $10 million. Nick Taylor reckons the payout to Rabble directors to clear debt was well under a million.

The Brumbies received less than the Reds and Waratahs.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Those hacks are just looking to deflect attention away from Super Rugby as it hurtles towards the buffers post 2020. When that day comes, I hope WSR is very judicious in the distribution of press passes and access to WSR games.
    We are living very interesting, critical and historical times for rugby in Australia, NZ and RSA. While there is much speculation about WSR out on the websites and in the press, there is very little about speculation about SANZAAR are due to announce in November.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The Force got around $8.8 million last year the extra money was part of the Assassination Agreement. The Rabble over $10 million. Nick Taylor reckons the payout to Rabble directors to clear debt was well under a million.

The Brumbies received less than the Reds and Waratahs.
    It wasn’t well under a million. But it is correct to say it was under a million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    We are living very interesting, critical and historical times for rugby in Australia, NZ and RSA. While there is much speculation about WSR out on the websites and in the press, there is very little about speculation about SANZAAR are due to announce in November.
    Exactly. I wonder why they are focussing on trashing WSR rather than spruiking SR??????!!!!

Player
    vCash
    Apparently Super Rugby negotiations are on the backburner while the Champions League or whatever it's called is sorted out. May not know anything until early next year. So there probably isn't anything to report.

Champion
    vCash
    Apparently Super Rugby negotiations are on the backburner while the Champions League or whatever it's called is sorted out. May not know anything until early next year. So there probably isn't anything to report.
    What does Champions League have to with Super Rugby? I though CL is country vs country in July and/or November. Surely they dont overlap in times or participants?

vCash
    What does Champions League have to with Super Rugby? I though CL is country vs country in July and/or November. Surely they dont overlap in times or participants?
    It affects the Global Season which means super rugby will run non-stop. I think this is what they are trying to confirm before structuring super rugby.

Champion
    vCash
    I see where you got that story from.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...in-super-rugby

But I have not been to answer my own questions.

Player
    vCash
    I'm not saying it makes sense or is justifiable, just what has been reported. Maybe they don't have enough brain cells to rub together to work it all out this year.

Champion
    vCash
    I'm not saying it makes sense or is justifiable, just what has been reported. Maybe they don't have enough brain cells to rub together to work it all out this year.
    So WSR will be up and running before Super have even worked out what they are doing in the future.
    Big ask to renegotiate the "test windows" with the clubs in Europe, when they have just agreed to June tests moving to July.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast