Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies v South Africa 29 Septebmer 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    It was a bit tragic watching Hooper get out-sprinted by Malcom Marx (a Hooker) in a kick and chase.

Took me back to Hodgo's last game last year when Hooper couldn't catch Jono Lance over 60-70 metres.
    If the RA had any brains which they don't that should be it for Cheika.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    If the RA had any brains which they don't that should be it for Cheika.
    Read any newspaper article in the last month, Cheika is safe, the assistants will be the ones who go. My bet, the Fijian forwards coach won't fly back to Australia. Gray and lark ham are almost as well connected

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Read any newspaper article in the last month, Cheika is safe, the assistants will be the ones who go. My bet, the Fijian forwards coach won't fly back to Australia. Gray and lark ham are almost as well connected
    Larkham said last year that he only finds out the team when the players do. That's bad.

Having paid out Pulver they should be able to pay out Cheika.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    In desperation Chieka had 3 #10’s on the field. Spent 3 years with just Foley. Now does not want to do. Hooper spent most of the second half on the wing. Beales first pass was interceptand SA scored 30 sec into the game. Flanders tried hard but kept bouncing off tackles. Thor forgot his hammer.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It is difficult to see how much further rugby union in Australia can fall.

But I don’t see anything changing while the current board is in place. They clearly live in an ivory tower and seem unable to see beyond their corporate box and what rugby can do for them.

Ego is a very destructive force.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    But I don’t see anything changing while the current board is in place. They clearly live in an ivory tower and seem unable to see beyond their corporate box and what rugby can do for them.
    The ruling clique in the ARU/RA may not care anymore.
    Perhaps they have concluded that Rugby Union can never compete in Australia with the other football codes, so why bother trying?
    In which case they would raise the white flag and retreat to the NSWRU and QLDRU laagers; the Wallabies' brand equity, Super Rugby after 2020 and the NRC would no longer figure in their deliberations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    The ruling clique in the ARU/RA may not care anymore.
    Perhaps they have concluded that Rugby Union can never compete in Australia with the other football codes, so why bother trying?
    I actually think there's a possibility that may be true. Either that, or they really have no idea how fight what they see as an unwinnable situation. I wonder whether, due to lack of funds and ideas, they may have forced Twiggy to take on Western Sydney, as part of the negotiations for WSR: "You take it, we dunno what to with it"

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    I love my rugby and can't claim to know much about the technical side but with Ian prior's kicking and solid playing why not give him a go in the wallabies? Surely he is better fly half than those playing at the moment?

vCash
    He could cover 9 and 10 on the bench and you have Toomua in the starting side to cover flyhalf in case there is a second injury. Barnes should come in to consideration with Panasonic in WSR next year.

vCash
    DAILYTELEGRAPH ›
    Just two options now for Cheika
    SEPTEMBER 30, 2018
    RUGBY Australia bosses must guarantee Michael Cheika the Wallabies’ coaching job for next year’s World Cup, regardless of his worsening record, or sack him.

Chief executive Raelene Castle has two weeks to make the definitive call because the point of no return is rapidly being reached.

If a replacement coach is needed, he has to be installed in time to muster a rushed, new lift-off on November’s end-of-season tour to Europe.

HORROR START: Wallabies can’t bounce back to beat Boks

Wallabies coach Michael Cheika looks on prior to the Rugby Championship match between Australia and Argentina at Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast, Saturday, September 15, 2018. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt) NO ARCHIVING, EDITORIAL USE ONLY
    Cheika had nine Tests in charge before whipping up a masterful run at the 2015 World Cup and just 10 Tests now remain before the new edition kicks-off in Japan next year.

Wallabies fans may be hurting again after Saturday’s 23-12 loss to South Africa started with a crazy own-goal intercept try yet the endless debate on Cheika’s future has become nearly as painful.

The ghoulish cycle of every Test week is poisoning Australian rugby...Cheika’s job under threat, Cheika backed, Cheika talks tough, Wallabies lose. Repeat.

No modern Wallabies coach has kept his job after a two-from-10 spiral although there is a significant difference between the Cheika case and Eddie Jones being given the boot with an identical record to end 2005.

Cheika and RA are working together trying to drag up fortunes while Jones ended his reign in open conflict with RA and a performance reviewer.

Castle’s recent public backing of Cheika is of the “our support is behind Michael, he’s contracted to the World Cup, he’s got a plan” variety.

Castle must go further with a 100 per cent Cheika guarantee for the RWC to best smother the “sack Cheik” chatter. It’s either that or off with the head of a coach whose winning rate has dipped to 48 per cent with 26 wins from 54 Tests.

RA has no appetite for bloodletting. Cheika runs a close-knit squad and he’s the best man to guide the Wallabies to the World Cup in Japan yet weight of losses becomes fatal even for the best coaches at some point.

“I keep being asked the same question every week,” Cheika said of whether he felt his job was under pressure.

“It depends if you want to cry about it and sook or get on with the improvements we definitely made in this Test.

“We are strong group together, this playing team and the staff around them, and we know we are going to come out of it.

“Tough situations come, they go away and the tough people will stay.”

Cheika needs to claw a much-needed win against Argentina next weekend but the marathon travel haul just to reach high-altitude Salta, in the shadow of the Andes, makes it tougher already.

Cheika last week invited four travelling rugby media to every training session to watch even the most sensitive game-planning moves and twice gave briefings on what sessions were trying to achieve.

At least, criticise or praise with knowledge was essentially the offer.

Michael Cheika is in the unfortunate position of having to coach players who have somehow reached international level without learning basic skills of catching and passing #RugbyChampionship

— Ben Pobjie (@benpobjie) September 29, 2018
    Two long passes were intercepted out wide last Thursday exactly like the disastrous Kurtley Beale pass in the opening seconds in blustery Port Elizabeth so the warning wasn’t heeded.

Plenty of big ball-carries off inside passes and switch plays were rehearsed at training to make sure clout up the middle balanced with the cutout ball method to the flanks to take advantage of the South African wingers coming in off the sidelines.

In the Test, the inside runners were missing in action and the support players for non-stop sideline runners like Michael Hooper only worked hard enough to get in position 50 per cent of the time.

The first lineout session of the week was ragged. That Brandon Paenga-Amosa misfire to Adam Coleman on a 5m attacking lineout when South Africa were down to 14 men could have turned the Test instead of being wasted.

All were player shortcomings, not coaching.

Skipper Hooper offered strong support for Cheika without being prompted: “I’m gutted we didn’t get the result but I’m clear on the things we did well and clear there’s a way forward for this team with our coaching staff doing everything to get us on that path.”

vCash
    Starting to sound like a very broken record.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It’s just so toxic. Doing nothing is not the answer. I honestly don’t think Raelene has the stomach or support to sack Chieka.
    Saw some wonderful future Wallabies today as we smashed the Rays.

vCash
    The problem with the Telegraph article is that the fact that the players made mistakes doesn't mean that Cheika is the best man to lead the Wallabies. If anything, it demonstrates that he can't lead them.

If the players continually make mistakes, then you are either picking the wrong players or instructing them in the wrong tactics.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Hang on, what if the players make those mistakes ENTHUSIASTICALLY?

C'mon the

vCash
    And yet our Captain tells us that he's very proud of where the boys are at.......delusional.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast