Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Force vs Rays 2018

vCash
    A little piece on McGregor after the Force vs Rays game...

McGregor: “We weathered the storm
    October 1, 2018

Force youngster Jack McGregor ran onto the field for Sundays match knowing the importance of winning this game and was prepared to keep a fiery Sydney Rays side at bay.

“We knew they would come out firing first out of the gates there cause they had a good a good game last week against Fiji,” McGregor said.

“We weathered that storm pretty well and we were lucky enough to run away with it.”

The double try scorer felt overjoyed with the end result despite a rocky start.

“I’m very happy [with the win], this was such a big week, we needed a bonus point win and we got away with it,” he said.

“I was pretty disappointed with that yellow card, we spoke about it earlier in the week not to go in for intercepts and I went in for that one. I came back on trying to make up for letting down the boys.”

McGregor came back on to score a try from his own chip and chase and another one from a quick clever pass by Rod Davies but attributed the high scoring result to the hard work of the forwards.

“I was a bit lucky with the bounce on the ball and great pass by Rocket there and the boys outside me,” he said.

“[The forwards] are very important, they scored some brilliant tries of mauls there and our scrum was very effective.

“Those players changed momentum in the game there pretty easily and for them to change the momentum at certain parts of the game makes the backs life’s much easier to play off it.”

Captain Ian Prior was also impressed by the forwards pressure especially during the beginning of the game.

“The forwards are pretty effective there in the scrum and the backs are scoring some great tries out wide and through kicks,” Prior said.

“But the forwards got us back in the game.”

Formerly part of the Melbourne Rebels, McGregor is looking forward to next week’s game against the Rising.

“Melbourne is going to be a tough game over in Melbourne as well,” he said.

“Melbourne will be looking to get a win against us as well so we need to be on our game, so we’ll prep well this week and hopefully get the job done in Melbourne.”

The Western Force head back over east to take on the Melbourne Rising on Sunday October 7 at GMBA Stadium, Geelong.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Still no stream available on Foxsports of this game. 48 hrs after it was played and NOT available on TV. RugbyAustralia failing the fans again and again with their appallingly shit rugby coverage and their total FU attitude to the fans. Gee I am angry. I was looking forward to catching a replay of us tearing the Sydney establishment a new one. Anyone know where we can catch a replay?, I generally always enjoy rewatching a game on TV that I have seen live.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11