Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rebels add Waratahs duo for 2019

vCash
    The Rebels don’t really need any corporate sponsorship as they are completely underwritten by Rugby Australia and the Victorian Government. Isn’t that why they stacked up much better than the Force on that great big spreadsheet no-one ever saw? Victorian taxpayers are footing the majority of the bills.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Which is why I hope the Rebels are not invited to join WSR. They will be a financial black hole whichever comp they are in.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I can't for the life of me, see any logic at all in the fascination with Melbourne. I know the rights holders interest in TV exposure. But they gave it up as a loser. Why are the current owners persisting? Don't get it at all.
    I often wonder about that. Just how big would the Glory, Force or Western Reds have been with the consistent success of the Storm over such a long period. I think they would be huge, especially considering - A) there would be more local content in the team and B) look at the Wildcats with that consistency.

(I'm not considering the Eagles and Scorchers in that, considering the strong Aussie Rules and cricketing background in Western Australia)

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Alison despite the lies in confidence deal there were reports going around that the Vic Government deal was far less than hoped. If this sponsorship deal goes under which is likely I can see the RA coughing up more money to prop up the organisation.

This is something Nick Taylor needs to look in to as Alan Jones is on holidays. I don't know if Nick knows if the sponsor may be struck off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Alison despite the lies in confidence deal there were reports going around that the Vic Government deal was far less than hoped. If this sponsorship deal goes under which is likely I can see the RA coughing up more money to prop up the organisation.

This is something Nick Taylor needs to look in to as Alan Jones is on holidays. I don't know if Nick knows if the sponsor may be struck off.
    Given everything that’s gone down so far, who apart from us would give a toss whether the sponsor is struck off? Or why.

None of them cares a jot - the complete silence and total inertia from anyone outside of WA despite the gob-smacking evidence that came to light in the Senate Inquiry shows that no-one is interested. The ends justify the means, clearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Given everything that’s gone down so far, who apart from us would give a toss whether the sponsor is struck off? Or why.

None of them cares a jot - the complete silence and total inertia from anyone outside of WA despite the gob-smacking evidence that came to light in the Senate Inquiry shows that no-one is interested. The ends justify the means, clearly.
    The East and "Heartland" states need to take a good hard look at themselves for letting the game go down the toilet, obviously rather than doing something the fans just left the game in droves, they have abondoned it and left it to the Wolves, maybe they knew nothing could be done, 100 years of trying to create a national structure has just worn too many fans down and rather than wait around angry those fans seem to have found new sports to watch and support. After everything it seemed the only people left fighting are the Western Australian Rugby fans who have since been abondoned by their very own sport, it is sad when it is only those fans left who actually care and they are the ones abondoned out West.

Champion
    vCash
    Bakkies and Alison. I know Nick and mentioned it to him. He said he was already aware of it, has already asked questions about it and other issues but was not holding his breath. I should have added that he said he will not be giving up though.

vCash
    Nick is the only print journalist who has shown a shred of interest in getting the story out. His counterparts on the east coast appear to have preferred to protect their press passes and their access to “inside scoops” rather than tell the real story. Shame on them all for not standing up for the game.

Last edited by Alison; 26-09-18 at 00:31.

vCash
    Looking forward to hearing how much the broadcasters are prepared to pay for Super Rugby in the next 5-year iteration of the comp. Last time, the ARU got something like $265 million out of it (and Pulver got a nice little personal bonus of a few hundred K too I seem to remember).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Bakkies and Alison. I know Nick and mentioned it to him. He said he was already aware of it, has already asked questions about it and other issues but was not holding his breath. I should have added that he said he will not be giving up though.
    At least he is on to it. Got to fight fire with fire. At least with the Brumbies land deal and Firepower deals we had an idea about sums. With this tax payers' money and a land deal with a University that has a contract with the Rebels we know nothing about the figures.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Nick is the only journalist who has shown a shred of interest in getting the story out. His counterparts on the east coast appear to have preferred to protect their press passes and their access to “inside scoops” rather than tell the real story. Shame on them all for not standing up for the game.
    Yeah those really inspiring "inside scoops" like our latest from Tom Decent on Hanigan "'We've got to grab it by the balls". I think most of us would much rather read about the issues concerning our dying sport than another article on how dealing with Israel Folau's homophobia is the hardest thing the chief executive has ever had to do.

Player
    vCash
    Nick is the only journalist who has shown a shred of interest in getting the story out. His counterparts on the east coast appear to have preferred to protect their press passes and their access to “inside scoops” rather than tell the real story. Shame on them all for not standing up for the game.
    Hopefully Nick gets the scoop on the go ahead of WSR!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah those really inspiring "inside scoops" like our latest from Tom Decent on Hanigan "'We've got to grab it by the balls". I think most of us would much rather read about the issues concerning our dying sport than another article on how dealing with Israel Folau's homophobia is the hardest thing the chief executive has ever had to do.
    You know that things are bad when you are relying on Growden to bring the RA to task. Alan Jones and some of Mark Ella's articles that are in the Australian are so refreshing than reading the latest rubbish from Wayne Smith. Smith is falling in to the tabloid trap by twisting the agenda to suit a small aspect of the readership rather than reporting and analysing on what is really happening.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Alison despite the lies in confidence deal there were reports going around that the Vic Government deal was far less than hoped. If this sponsorship deal goes under which is likely I can see the RA coughing up more money to prop up the organisation. This is something Nick Taylor needs to look in to as Alan Jones is on holidays. I don't know if Nick knows if the sponsor may be struck off.
    I would expect he does now!

C'mon the

vCash
    You know that things are bad when you are relying on Growden to bring the RA to task. Alan Jones and some of Mark Ella's articles that are in the Australian are so refreshing than reading the latest rubbish from Wayne Smith. Smith is falling in to the tabloid trap by twisting the agenda to suit a small aspect of the readership rather than reporting and analysing on what is really happening.
    Yeah I am not sure what happened to Wayne Smith. He was one of the few that actively reported the senate inquiry to the east coast but then Clyne and his cronies must have finally made that call and they must have got to him and then all of a sudden he just stopped reporting positively on the Force and Western Australian rugby completely and then he started siding with the RA's brainwashed spin and now whenever I see one of his articles I usually just skip next untill something decent comes up which usually isn't often.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast