Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force open to re-signing former golden boy of Australian rugby James O’Connor

vCash
    Jeez, what a storm in a teacup.

When this first broke, my thoughts were the story had been built around some reporter asking Hodgo whether he'd be interested in signing O'Connor and him responding in the same way everybody does "Sure we'd be interested in having a conversation he's a talented boy and we would be happy to explore the option"

I haven't seen any evidence to contradict that yet.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Yeah, but KPIs are mainly performance based.
    Technically, yes. But the mental image of Brand O'Conner shuffling out of T1, cap in hand and a contract with a long list of conditions in the other has a nice irony to it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just no. He was caught being a moron with Ali Williams last year. Williams was apparently present when Carter was booked for drink driving. Carter lost his Land Rover sponsorship over it yet they signed up renowned driver Kurtley Beale. Like the RA Land Rover is going down the tube.

O'Connor is another back from that era that doesn't have a position. He bleaches his hair which went out twenty years ago so like the current chairman of the RA he is still a twat.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Jeez, what a storm in a teacup.

When this first broke, my thoughts were the story had been built around some reporter asking Hodgo whether he'd be interested in signing O'Connor and him responding in the same way everybody does "Sure we'd be interested in having a conversation he's a talented boy and we would be happy to explore the option"

I haven't seen any evidence to contradict that yet.

I guess it boils down to - Do we trust Hodgo, or do we all know better than him?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    ...Just days after the former golden boy of Australian rugby James O’Connor revealed he wanted to represent the Wallabies again, one of his former clubs have expressed interest in once again re-signing the prodigious talent...
    And in breaking news, Melbourne Rebels have announced the signing of beloved former favourite son James O'Connor, filling the final position on the 87 man roster. It is expected that O'Connor will be rushed back into Wallaby Gold on the Spring Tour. International Coach of the Year Michael Cheika welcomes the opportunity of working with the world class athlete, saying "we are building something special with this outfit, great enthusiasm, great team culture, supportive of minority groups, Jimmy exemplifies everything I hold dear about playing The Australian Way, He will be a great 8"

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Wait, us that a joke?

It might be a joke, but it's so close to possible reality I can't tell

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Just no. He was caught being a moron with Ali Williams last year. Williams was apparently present when Carter was booked for drink driving. Carter lost his Land Rover sponsorship over it yet they signed up renowned driver Kurtley Beale. Like the RA Land Rover is going down the tube.

O'Connor is another back from that era that doesn't have a position. He bleaches his hair which went out twenty years ago so like the current chairman of the RA he is still a twat.
    There are too many people in the world to list that have made mistakes and turned their lives around, no matter how many times they did wrong. If Hodgo and team believe he fits that bill and have their own KPI's in place, bring it on, be nothing better than to show the others that we are prepared to forgive and try and forget. That is what life is about. No Izzy did not write this for me!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    be nothing better than to show the others that we are prepared to forgive and try and forget. That is what life is about.
    Bloody Mungo!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Wait, us that a joke?

It might be a joke, but it's so close to possible reality I can't tell
    Self fulfilling prophecy. Granny had the evil eye

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    And in breaking news, Melbourne Rebels have announced the signing of beloved former favourite son James O'Connor, filling the final position on the 87 man roster. It is expected that O'Connor will be rushed back into Wallaby Gold on the Spring Tour. International Coach of the Year Michael Cheika welcomes the opportunity of working with the world class athlete, saying "we are building something special with this outfit, great enthusiasm, great team culture, supportive of minority groups, Jimmy exemplifies everything I hold dear about playing The Australian Way, He will be a great 8"
    James O'Connor to make his Wallabies return...
    Name:  return.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  37.3 KB

Prospect
    vCash
    Sorry mate, but if true then bad move Hodgo.
    Leopards don't change their spots. Ever.
    The new WF has a great culture - JO'C has none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    There are too many people in the world to list that have made mistakes and turned their lives around, no matter how many times they did wrong. If Hodgo and team believe he fits that bill and have their own KPI's in place, bring it on, be nothing better than to show the others that we are prepared to forgive and try and forget. That is what life is about. No Izzy did not write this for me!
    Driving without a licence, assault, going on the watchout for cocaine while with a coach from a rival club, arrested at airport, disrespecting Wallabies staff aren't mistakes. This is the path Beale and O'Connor went down. Same goes for Hunt after 30 years of age getting arrested at 3 am while his wife and kids are at home in bed. That also isn't a mistake. All of this is just bad and ignorant behaviour.

Majority of us would get sacked after one incident depending on the contract and place of employment. The Force have had player behaviour problems in the past and are in a much better trajectory without that at the organisation.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Driving without a licence, assault, going on the watchout for cocaine while with a coach from a rival club, arrested at airport, disrespecting Wallabies staff aren't mistakes. This is the path Beale and O'Connor went down. Same goes for Hunt after 30 years of age getting arrested at 3 am while his wife and kids are at home in bed. That also isn't a mistake. All of this is just bad and ignorant behaviour.

Majority of us would get sacked after one incident depending on the contract and place of employment. The Force have had player behaviour problems in the past and are in a much better trajectory without that at the organisation.
    And you were a Saint growing up Bakkies?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Bakkies barracks for magpies not St Kilda

We can bag him all week for that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GUSTEE View Post
    Sorry mate, but if true then bad move Hodgo.
    Leopards don't change their spots. Ever.
    The new WF has a great culture - JO'C has none.
    Great first post, kinda dont agree but get what you are saying. I guess Hodgo can make the decision and be accountable for whichever way it goes. One thing is for certain WSR needs a better lineup than what this current Force team offers and WSR need to announce some names soon because they need to get the public's confidence up. JOC is definitely a player the masses would tune in for, if not him then there needs to be alternatives..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast