Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65

Thread: Western Force v Queensland Country - Round 4 2018

  1. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    36
    vCash
    5118000
    No Alcock ! Wallaby standby ?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #17
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    19572000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    No Alcock ! Wallaby standby ?
    We can but hope. Lets face it, Alcock should have been in the Wallaby set-up for years, especially when Pocock was injured/on sabatical, but even though (possibly because) he was originally a Waratah and moved away to get more rugby he was over-looked when a hard-working, tough tackling #7 would have helped the national side.

    I'm not sure about the changes Sampson has introduced; although Brache knows how to play on the wing and come inside looking for the ball, and he certainly shores up the wide defense; and while losing Alcock is a blow, Ferris and Orr are handy replacements.

    How come the Force seems to be a production line of decent back-rowers? From the days of Pocock, Hodgson & Brown-dog, through McCalman, Cottrell & Alcock, then Stander, Hardwick, RHP, Koteka, Naisirani, Ferris, now Orr, we seem to have a knack of producing or polishing great back-rowers.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  3. #18
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,346
    vCash
    3230000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Perhaps he is being rested to keep him "off the radar" so that we are at as full a strength as possible throughout NRC.


    Horan Little Shield up for grabs next Sunday when we take on NSW City (aka Sydney Rays), but I expect the big challenge for it to come from Fiji in final home game this year.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  4. #19
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,052
    vCash
    16346000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    How come the Force seems to be a production line of decent back-rowers? From the days of Pocock, Hodgson & Brown-dog, through McCalman, Cottrell & Alcock, then Stander, Hardwick, RHP, Koteka, Naisirani, Ferris, now Orr, we seem to have a knack of producing or polishing great back-rowers.
    I can think of one name that has been at the Force for the careers of all of those players.

    He also had a hand in the breakdown work of Michael Ruru and Ian Prior.

    Probably a bunch of others as well, but those are the names I know.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  5. #20
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    5010000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Perhaps he is being rested to keep him "off the radar" so that we are at as full a strength as possible throughout NRC.


    Horan Little Shield up for grabs next Sunday when we take on NSW City (aka Sydney Rays), but I expect the big challenge for it to come from Fiji in final home game this year.
    If we defend against NSW City, isn't every game from there a challenge game?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,346
    vCash
    3230000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Only up for grabs at home games

    Same as The Log in NZ

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  7. #22
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    259
    vCash
    5106000
    I think maelkann is right, TIF.

    It should be the same as The Log but remember who makes up the rules on this stuff (and their abilities in stuffing stuff up).

    The way they've done it is after two successful defences the shield is up for grabs every game... So after the Rays, the Rising get a shot in Geelong. How dumb is that?

    The other stupid thing is that even teams that win and defend the thing don't get their name engraved on the shield unless it happens to be the end of the year. Seems a bit odd for a so-called Challenge Trophy..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,795
    vCash
    5232000
    Who are the Rising? I have heard of the Chairman's XV and the Chairman's 66.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  9. #24
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,346
    vCash
    3230000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    I think maelkann is right, TIF.

    It should be the same as The Log but remember who makes up the rules on this stuff (and their abilities in stuffing stuff up).

    The way they've done it is after two successful defences the shield is up for grabs every game... So after the Rays, the Rising get a shot in Geelong. How dumb is that?

    The other stupid thing is that even teams that win and defend the thing don't get their name engraved on the shield unless it happens to be the end of the year. Seems a bit odd for a so-called Challenge Trophy..
    If it was they would have had pics all over the place last week with Vikings holding it up, show me one...

    Rule Number 1

    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/0...eld-what-is-it

    and the rest of the rules lead to Fiji, third home game if we beat Rays. I highly doubt we would accept an away challenge, even if was just to spite the RA. Rules are rules, laws are laws

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 22-09-18 at 07:44.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  10. #25
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    5010000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    If it was they would have had pics all over the place last week with Vikings holding it up, show me one...

    Rule Number 1

    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/0...eld-what-is-it

    and the rest of the rules lead to Fiji, third home game if we beat Rays. I highly doubt we would accept an away challenge, even if was just to spite the RA. Rules are rules, laws are laws
    TIF - honestly not being sarcastic here - are you and I reading 'consecutively' differently?

    We've not had two successful defences until after the Rays game - by point 3, it's then up for challenge in every game. Unless you're looking for 'back to back, at home, inside slightly over a week'?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,346
    vCash
    3230000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    TIF - honestly not being sarcastic here - are you and I reading 'consecutively' differently?

    We've not had two successful defences until after the Rays game - by point 3, it's then up for challenge in every game. Unless you're looking for 'back to back, at home, inside slightly over a week'?
    Yes correct, we would have to put it up if we beat Rays for the Rebels game away on 7 September. My bad. I I'm a little "tired" after a cake walk last night.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  12. #27
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    vCash
    35484000

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Champion valzc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shenton Park
    Posts
    2,209
    vCash
    7785100
    Wish we could get rid of Hoiles & his dreadful monotone commentary!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bullcreek
    Posts
    940
    vCash
    5398000
    Not much of a crowd again!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    259
    vCash
    5106000
    Tries to wingers Rod and Marcel

    QC 5 - 14 WF

    after 23 mins

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Western Force v Vikings - Round 3 2018
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16-09-18, 19:52
  2. Western Force v NSW Country Eagles - Round 2 2018
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 14-09-18, 20:15
  3. Western Force Promotion for 2018
    By mothy in forum Western Force
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 05-05-18, 12:28
  4. Western Force NRC Squad 2018
    By The InnFORCEr in forum National Rugby Championship (NRC)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 18-04-18, 12:07
  5. Western Force Fixtures 2018
    By Darren in forum Western Force
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-03-18, 18:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •