Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rugby Australia says Michael Cheika will see out his contract

vCash
    Being the RA Cheika might get an extension.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Yup, "the full backing of the Board" is corporate speak for a knife in said back. But this is not any Board, this is FUBARU, Castle actually means they silly back Clown. Instead Grey has been named as the sacrificial lamb. About time he was sacked, but sacriced is a bit rough he only has the performing seals that Clown selects

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Need a poll on who could replace him ... given budget and constraints of having to select Hooper & Pocock and a quota of Tah's.
    Pick the right name and the problems with having to select Hooper and all those Tahs will evporate.

My money is on RA approaching Steve Hansen to consult with us as a part time gig while he concentrates on the All Blacks.

Stop laughing, they've done dumber things....like appointing Grey after the shite he served up at the Tahs, Keeping Grey for any period of time, Naming Hooper captain, Offering the losingest Wallaby captain in the modern era a five year multimillion dollar contract......should I continue?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Pick the right name and the problems with having to select Hooper and all those Tahs will evporate.

My money is on RA approaching Steve Hansen to consult with us as a part time gig while he concentrates on the All Blacks.

Stop laughing, they've done dumber things....like appointing Grey after the shite he served up at the Tahs, Keeping Grey for any period of time, Naming Hooper captain, Offering the losingest Wallaby captain in the modern era a five year multimillion dollar contract......should I continue?
    Continue with any number of personnel decisions:
    - Not keeping the Badger around, despite his obvious PR appeal
    - Not keeping Fardy around, despite being the only 6 who can make the Pooper experiment work
    - Not keeping Mowen around despite being the only captain in recent years who knew what he was doing

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Is this Grey related to Gary Grey?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    My view is that Graham Henry was good, Hansen was assisting but as a head coach the best strategy he's used is surrounding himself with a significant brains trust in Messrs Smith, Foster & Cron ...

Chiek's brains trust consists of somewhat less I feel ...

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Is this Grey related to Gary Grey?
    No. Nathan is actually a good bloke.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Unfortunately not a very good Coach.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Good blokes generally don't make good coaches....bad blokes don't necessarily make good coaches

Thus lies the current conundrum

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Richard Hill thinks so ...

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

vCash
    Naming Hooper captain, Offering the losingest Wallaby captain in the modern era a five year multimillion dollar contract......should I continue?
    Update, second lowest winning percentage of all time!

Value for money

C'mon the

vCash
    I have thought about this more than I normally would.

Chieka has had a totally free and unchallenged run over the last three years.
    He got back the players he wanted from oversea's and he picked his full time assistants.
    No one in RA HQ challenges him, we saw what he did to the media on the weekend when they asked the hard questions about his tenure.

He would appear to be a total Alpha male and control freak.

RA need to be seen to do something so they will ask Chieka to sack Nathan Grey. Chieka will say NO. He will say its pointless, their is no one to replace him and he will sort it out. RA fail #one.
    RA will want to have some oversight with team selection, Chieka will agree BUT totally ignore any suggestions. It will still be his ship to steer. RA fail #two.

RA will finally see what we see, that is, they are a pointless organisation and have absolutely NO control over Chieka and the Wallabies.

vCash
    Foxsports put up a stat, Wallabies 34 tests since the RWC in 2015, 109 tries conceded.

vCash
    Foxsports put up a stat, Wallabies 34 tests since the RWC in 2015, 109 tries conceded.
    Wikipedia
    In April 2010, Grey became the Melbourne Rebels first Defence (or skills) Coach. The 2011 Super Rugby season was the Rebels first in Super Rugby. Gray had been recruited by Rebels founding coach Rod Macqueen.[10] Stirling Mortlock became captain. After the 2011 season Macqueen handed over to Damien Hill who promoted Grey to Assistant Coach in preparation for 2012.[2]

However, in 2013, Grey was recruited by newly appointed Waratahs head coach Michael Cheika for the 2013 Super Rugby season.[11] He had a massive influence on the team in his debut season, improving the Waratahs defence to secure 9th in the standings with a better points for than against. In 2014, he helped guide the Waratahs to their first ever Super Rugby title, which included the Waratahs having a home grand final haven finished top of the standings after the regular season. In February 2015, he was appointed as defence coach for the Australian national side for the 2015 Rugby World Cup by newly appointed head coach Michael Cheika.[12]

During the 2015 Super Rugby season, Grey's defensive structures were challenged, with the Waratahs leaking 41 tries, almost double the amount of the 2013 Season, 24. He was heavily criticised after the 35–17 loss to the Highlanders in the Semi-final in Sydney, having conceded 20 points in the second half of the match to see the Waratahs knocked out of the tournament

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2