Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Rugby set for NSW expansion

Apprentice
    vCash
    chuckling to myself at the thought of SR falling over in 2020 and the only professional NSW team is not the Tahs.. one can only hope

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Georgina Robinson doesn't even get close to presenting the facts and the headline is NOT supported by the content of her article.

Very poor journalism - as usual. If it wasn't posted on TWF I would never even read it!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Georgina Robinson doesn't even get close to presenting the facts and the headline is NOT supported by the content of her article.

Very poor journalism - as usual. If it wasn't posted on TWF I would never even read it!!
    She is just a foxsport puppet these days, just throw her in the same category as Beth Newman, Sam Phillip's and all the other useless hacks..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    She is just a foxsport puppet these days
    One of your best SPaRTAN. Works for Fairfax and a Fox puppet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well she did appear regularly on the Rugby Club a previous version of the RA propaganda show Kick and Chase.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Well she did appear regularly on the Rugby Club a previous version of the RA propaganda show Kick and Chase.
    Yeah that's what I was refering too. She basically appeared on every single kick and chase episode and looked very buddy buddy with the foxsports crew. She has been brainwashed and converted to write do good stories for the RA and very rarely tells the truth by distorting everything she writes to put a positive RA spin on things. Her interviews on foxsports are usually full of all the old cliches and very rarely is there any constructive argument or thought in these discussions. I completly understand she works for SMH rugbyheaven.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Oh and I love the way Georgina is still calling it a rebel league!

Australia will be the off-field centre of the rugby union universe next week when the code's leading decision-makers meet in Sydney.

Rugby Australia will host key World Rugby committee meetings.

Discussing global rugby matters over the course of the week will be World Rugby's executive, rugby, regional, audit and risk and regulations committees - and the Rugby World Cup Board.
    More here:
    https://www.northerndailyleader.com....ings/?cs=12474

Wont it be great if Bill Beaumont, chairman of World Rugby, launches the WSR so called "rebel league" in Sydney next week.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Australia will be the off-field centre of the rugby union universe next week when the code's leading decision-makers meet in Sydney.

Rugby Australia will host key World Rugby committee meetings.

Discussing global rugby matters over the course of the week will be World Rugby's executive, rugby, regional, audit and risk and regulations committees - and the Rugby World Cup Board.
    More here:
    https://www.northerndailyleader.com....ings/?cs=12474

Wont it be great if Bill Beaumont, chairman of World Rugby, launches the WSR so called "rebel league" in Sydney next week.
    Hopefully he'll put a firecracker up RA's backside!

vCash
    Clyne's gonna have nowhere to hide this week, unless he can get Raelene to cover for him.

vCash
    Does World Rugby really want Australia to prosper? I've been hearing some gleeful hand-rubbing over social media that those damn "Antipodeans" are getting their comeuppance down here.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Does World Rugby really want Australia to prosper? I've been hearing some gleeful hand-rubbing over social media that those damn "Antipodeans" are getting their comeuppance down here.
    World Rugby want rugby in Asia to grow. Enter Twiggy and WSR onto the stage.
    https://www.facebook.com/asia.rugby/...A5ODUwMTAzNTE/

Champion
    vCash
    Georgina is still call WSR a rebel league, but had a few more positive words this time.

Union welcomes World Series
    Is the tide turning in the World Series Rugby saga? First it was Rugby Australia sending out the positive vibes and now the world's rugby players seem to be coming around.

The body representing the interests of players worldwide, International Rugby Players, told The Cauliflower they were open to a world series featuring Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest's rebel league, provided it did not lead to player burnout.

RELATED ARTICLE
    Folau wins Tahs' players' player award after tumultuous year
    ISRAEL FOLAU
    Add to shortlist
    "We've sat down and spoken to them a few times," IRP boss Omar Hassanein said. "The biggest consideration is making sure that players aren’t exposed to too much rugby, but we see the benefits to Australian rugby.

"Rather than losing the Sean McMahons of the world there might be another place for them to play and get the Test opportunities they want. We think expansion into western Sydney could be good if it’s done well and if we get a Fijian or [Pacific] Islands team up that could work in helping keep players closer to home, rather than feeling like they have to go to Europe to earn a living."
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...20-p504zd.html

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It must pain her to write positive news about WSR, nothing but good news about it with the big wigs in town, can't be ignored, absolutely loving it

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Georgina is still call WSR a rebel league, but had a few more positive words this time.

Union welcomes World Series
    Is the tide turning in the World Series Rugby saga? First it was Rugby Australia sending out the positive vibes and now the world's rugby players seem to be coming around.

The body representing the interests of players worldwide, International Rugby Players, told The Cauliflower they were open to a world series featuring Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest's rebel league, provided it did not lead to player burnout.

RELATED ARTICLE
    ISRAEL FOLAU
    Add to shortlist
    "We've sat down and spoken to them a few times," IRP boss Omar Hassanein said. "The biggest consideration is making sure that players aren’t exposed to too much rugby, but we see the benefits to Australian rugby.

"Rather than losing the Sean McMahons of the world there might be another place for them to play and get the Test opportunities they want. We think expansion into western Sydney could be good if it’s done well and if we get a Fijian or [Pacific] Islands team up that could work in helping keep players closer to home, rather than feeling like they have to go to Europe to earn a living."
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...20-p504zd.html
    Umm what's this about Rugby Australia sending out positive vibes? About World Series Rugby? All the vibes from Rugby Australia and Clynes puppet Robinson have been totally negative road blocks. They have had no interest at all in World Series Rugby. Looks like Georgina doesnt bother to record the facts accurately. Not long till her journalistic career goes down the toilet.

vCash
    Wants the keys to the inner sanctum

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast