Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Western Force pumped up for World Series finale

Champion
    vCash

Western Force pumped up for World Series finale

So am I...…

Nick Taylor The West Australian
    Friday, 17 August 2018 2:00AM

Western Force are treating their final World Series Rugby match against Panasonic Wild Knights at nib Stadium tonight as a grand final.
    The last of seven exhibition games against the powerful Japan Top League side is also ideal preparation for the Force to launch their assault on the National Rugby Championship which starts in a fortnight.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88930536z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I wonder if there is a tactical reason why there has been no promotion of the NRC games this year? Is because they don't want to take the limelight away from the impending WSR 2019 launch?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I wonder if there is a tactical reason why there has been no promotion of the NRC games this year? Is because they don't want to take the limelight away from the impending WSR 2019 launch?
    Probably because it’s not Twiggy’s or Mindoro’s job! Surly it’s RA and WARU who should be promoting it? Besides we are nearly a month away yet.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I was wondering about that, if they did charge for tickets to the NRC, would RA get a cut of the gate?

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I was wondering about that, if they did charge for tickets to the NRC, would RA get a cut of the gate?
    Interesting thought! We used to pay $10 to get on the hill a couple of years ago someone from the club should be able to answer where the money went.
    Can’t wait for that first game it will really be an “us v them” series!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Interesting thought! We used to pay $10 to get on the hill a couple of years ago someone from the club should be able to answer where the money went.
    Can’t wait for that first game it will really be an “us v them” series!
    Well the Force vs Australian Stockman game is coming up for anyone who needs a fix before the NRC kicks off..

vCash
    I don't think the RA get gate money from the NRC.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    IF Rugby Australia don't get a cut from the NRC, then it would have been nice if the NRC fixtures were integrated into this WSR season. It would have certainly built the (longer) season to an interesting climax, especially if the crowds were good at NIB, leading to a sell-out semi and grand final. Maybe a few more WSR fixtures could have been pencilled in between now and the NRC?

I'm still a fan of the idea of utilising one of the better soccer grounds around town, 'cause it's a damn shame NIB costs so much. Ah well, what might have been hey? Especially considering the appetite for more rugby that last night's game would have generated.

I can imagine a sold-out NIB grand final, Western Force VS Fiji Drua, what a night!

But again, I lay the blame at the foot of RA for this one- with some better organization,they could have had the fixtures ready earlier in the year; then maybe this integration and stadium rental, etc, could have been done?

Would be interesting if we do get a WSR-sized crowd turning up for this, hypothetically-speaking, what would the ground organizers do?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    IF we ended up getting a crowd of 12.000+ there would be all sorts of problems around Floreat! Imagine the traffic alone! Crowd control could be problematic and I can imagine with our nanny state we’d have cops turning up closing the whole show down!

Ps I would love to see that sort of figure but if we are going too we need to be in a proper stadium to handle that many pax.

vCash
    Well if they did, I'd be giggling into my "I told you so" beer.

I tell you what, the first match could be an experiment in gauging both crowd/popularity/interest and also the strength of our championship credentials as it's New South Wales Country; but the next two fixtures are so goddamn marketable! If the NSWC game crowd and match performance is good, they should go hell-for-leather and rent a ground for BOTH the "big grudge match" vs "the evil East Coast establishment" Sydney, and the "WSR re-match" from the beginning of the season, against Fiji.

I think that Perth could do it. And if we made the final, after the AFL season is done and dusted, with "Twiggy's new Force team," think of the marketing potential.

It's funny, I cannot believe just how revitalised I feel about rugby after last night's game, I can once again see that there is so much potential in the game.

Last edited by chibi; 18-08-18 at 18:24.

vCash
    I can imagine a sold-out NIB grand final, Western Force VS Fiji Drua, what a night!
    The RA will probably say they can't afford the cost and state finals must be based in Sydney.

vCash
    Ha!I was thinking that to cut costs they might have to, you know, cut the Western Force from the competition!

vCash
    how revitalised I feel about rugby after last night's game, I can once again see that there is so much potential

Yes yes yes!

vCash
    Ha!I was thinking that to cut costs they might have to, you know, cut the Western Force from the competition!
    If we win the NRC this year, I can see RA cutting us "as we have another competition to play in"! :foilhelmet:

[Didn't there use to be a smiley for that?]

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Felt obliged to post on ABC Grandstand on Facebook after watching it this morning

Last year Gerard Whateley on Offsiders made the comment that Twiggy's World Series Rugby was a flash in the pan and wouldn't amount to anything. Nearly 12 months later, after attracting the largest non-wallabies rugby crowds in Australia this year and despite announcing on Friday his willingness to make a significant investment in rugby in Western Sydney (something that made the news on pretty much every other reputable sports reporting site) you have still not made a single reference to WSR all year, not even a final 5 second take that I can recall. Pretty pathetic Offsiders.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast