Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Panasonic Wild Nights - 17 August 2018

vCash
    Some comments from The Roar:

Working Class Rugger
    Both teams turned up to play open and expansive Rugby and that’s what we got. I think I counted just 3 scrums in the 2nd half. It hummed along at a great pace all the way through. Something of note. This is the 2nd game in the last 2 or 3 weeks I’ve watched (the other being the Wallabies/Super trial) that didn’t feature a TMO. Both games as above flowed and the refs made quick and decisive decisions. Food for thought there. Not necessarily the elimination of the TMO but a move away from their active involvement in the game and more toward use for citing purposes.
    Anyway. looking forward to seeing more details of this WS team. If it’s done right I’ll be keen to go out to games.

Ex force fan
    The most entertaining game I watched this year. Defense was not as good but the tries were spectacular. WSR has the recipe to get crowds to games as almost 15,000 turned up again

sittingbison
    From the pre game to game to half time show, everything was entertaining. The crowd was happy and enthusiastic, applauded both teams scores, kids were having a ball. Game itself was a cracker played with spirit in the right spirit. I was actually a tad disappointed when Prior went the penalty kick at 75min.
    This game showed what is possible next year. Bring it on. Sayonara Superseded Rugby.

Damo
    Say what you want about WSR but that was probably the most entertaining game of rugby I’ve watched all year. Not because of the high scoring but teams prepared to throw the ball around and not kick it away at every opportunity.

robel
    Good handling by both sides this game. Either side winning is a good result.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A 5 point lead at the 75th min and we kicked, i couldnt belive it. Not the way the wild knights had been playing. Risky.

Hope Berrick Barnes is ok. I did say to those with me tonight "remember when he was the kicker for the Wallabies and you just knew he was gonna get it".

vCash
    After having watched that, I wish that Twiggy had taken his initial 50 million dollar offer to the Japanese Top-League and asked to join them instead.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Ex force fan The most entertaining game I watched this year. Defense was not as good but the tries were spectacular. WSR has the recipe to get crowds to games as almost 15,000 turned up again
    Nah mate, that crowd was just average for us.

C'mon the

vCash
    It was on delay on 7 mate in the East. What did Twiggy say at half time I heard he destroyed the RA? I wonder if the Hunter and North Queensland are next on Twiggy's hit list. These areas are constantly ignored by the RA and their respective state unions.

Idiots like Missing Link are still preaching on G & G that there is no resentment towards the RA in eastern states and that Twiggy and the RA will unite he couldn't be more wrong.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It was on delay on 7 mate in the East. What did Twiggy say at half time I heard he destroyed the RA? I wonder if the Hunter and North Queensland are next on Twiggy's hit list. These areas are constantly ignored by the RA and their respective state unions.

Idiots like Missing Link are still preaching on G & G that there is no resentment towards the RA in eastern states and that Twiggy and the RA will unite he couldn't be more wrong.
    He talked about Western Sydney and the injustices they faced and how he is putting a team there. Go on Twitter and fast forward to half time.

vCash
    Thanks mate.

The RA really should have called themselves Lazy Australia as they epitomise it and can't really be arsed. Their solution in regards to being proactive is to throw good money after bad.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    No one from RA have been to WA since Raylene Castle's 'listening' tour. Robinson may have been invited to the first game but that's it. Not listening, not looking, not learning and we are not caring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Thanks mate.

The RA really should have called themselves Lazy Australia as they epitomise it and can't really be arsed. Their solution in regards to being proactive is to throw good money after bad.
    Yep, how they have just neglected Western Sydney is criminal. The RA have talked about putting another franchise there from time to time but when you look at what they have done they have actually ignored the whole region. No games played in Western Sydney, Penrith eradicated, NRC side exterminated. They are all talk to keep the masses at bay then deliberately and intentionally do the opposite. The RA are the worst administrators in sport.

Player
    vCash
    Wow great way to finish WSR! The speed of some of the Japanese players was amazing! It was great to catch up with Ox family! I took advantage of the 4 free tickets and encouraged people from work who are purely AFL fans to attend which they did. Took my dad to his first game ever and my niece to her second consecutive game. The joy on their faces said it all. The other pleasing thing to see glancing at Facebook is how many first timers went last night a few people I know including president from my old amateur AFL football club went. He totally loved it. Well done WSR, Hodgo, Twiggy and Marvin awesome night and enjoyed knowing new faces were at NIB.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agreed Mothy that's what it is about. The game can't thrive on die hards alone you constantly need to have new people come through the gates, then come back. Australian provincial Rugby has basically gone back to the die hard fan base that existed in the transition from amateurism.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    took advantage of the 4 free tickets and encouraged people from work who are purely AFL fans to attend which they did. Took my dad to his first game ever and my niece to her second consecutive game. The joy on their faces said it all. The other pleasing thing to see glancing at Facebook is how many first timers went last night a few people I know including president from my old amateur AFL football club went. He totally loved it.
    Great job by you then. I was getting pretty pissed off with Lachie Read and his inappropriate timing and the really loud music at the wrong times again - when there was some really great on-field play happening. But I took a couple of times to look around the crowd and saw lots and lots of kids jumping up and down, dancing, Mexican waving and generally having a ball. I enjoyed Westies hi-jinks too pinching peoples phone after a selfie, nicking peoples beers etc - funny stuff. If it gets new people involved then all us die hard Rugby watchers will just have to suck it up and concentrate a bit harder - or join 'em.

PS. Playing some Aretha Franklin was pretty neat too.

Last edited by shasta; 18-08-18 at 08:54.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    104 000 + through the gates during an exhibition series...brilliant! The match showed how exciting WSR is going to be next year . A great advert for the rest of the Asian unions who will be involved going forward. Talking of new faces ... 9 young women in the row in front of us who were probably first timers . This is what an inept RA have neglected. Watch and squirm .....boyz and girls
    The AFL friend who joined us last night knew absolutely nothing of NRC ! Another total lack of effort from Ms Castle and her team of East Coast twits .
    How about 60 000 at Optus after a few years of WSR !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Great job by you then. I was getting pretty pissed off with Lachie Read and his inappropriate timing and the really loud music at the wrong times again - when there was some really great on-field play happening. But I took a couple of times to look around the crowd and saw lots and lots of kids jumping up and down, dancing, Mexican waving and generally having a ball. I enjoyed Westies hi-jinks too pinching peoples phone after a selfie, nicking peoples beers etc - funny stuff. If it gets new people involved then all us die hard Rugby watchers will just have to suck it up and concentrate a bit harder - or join 'em.
    Im used to Lachie Reid from wildcats games. He does a good job and I reckon the more he experiences rugby and learns the better he will deliver. I always found doing the mexican wave was when the game was boring, blow out in score, injury dealay etc but like you said the little ones love it

Player
    vCash
    What a great game. It was great to see so many people staying around at the end of the game for autographs as well. Hopefully it's a bit of reassurance to everyone involved about how much World Series Rugby means to the community. Thank you to everyone who has helped make WSR a reality!

I have to say as well I'm really impressed by Robbie Deans and his support of World Series Rugby.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast