Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doing time with Cameron Clyne (sorry Patsy)

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Just read the rugby article by Georgina wassername in the SMH.

So RA think they've got the monopoly on sneaky, conniving, cunning, and cutthroat?

Twiggy just gave them a lesson on how its really done.

Don't like your rugby boss?

Just buy his rugby boss.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lazy journos reading TWF again.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Which Georgina Robinson article? She has a couple of them on the Rugby Heaven site.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Its in the sports section, towards the bottom of the webpage. Entitled "Twiggy" something or other, and its about how he's bought the 2IC of World Rugby to work for him in Argentina.

Sydney Morning Herald, not Rugby Heaven.

Rookie
    vCash
    Does anyone know where myself and up to 6 others on a tour of China, can watch Saturday 18/08 Test in Beijing, we are staying at the Shangri-La’s China World Hotel, get their today 17/08 by train from Xi’an, so hopefully CB find a spot close to the hotel to watch the match,same Timezone as Perth.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Lazy journos reading TWF again.
    Yeah, it's been on forums aplenty before it made to the Aus media.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Some talking points in the piece:

'Twiggy' recruits World Rugby deputy to head mining push in Argentina

By Georgina Robinson
    Updated 17 August 2018

Political intrigue has hit international rugby with Australian officials fuming over Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest's recruitment of a high-ranking World Rugby official to head up his Latin American mining interests.

As Rugby Australia (RA) and the billionaire iron ore magnate are locked in an increasingly adversarial arm-wrestle over the fate of Forrest's rebel World Series Rugby competition, it emerged that Forrest had appointed World Rugby vice-chairman Agustin Pichot as president and director of Argentina Fortescue South America.

The appointment, which was announced in June, has enraged RA officials, who see it as a conflict of interest and potential breach of trust as Pichot has long been a southern hemisphere ally and was one of the driving forces behind Argentina's inclusion in the Rugby Championship and Super Rugby.

The tension came to a head at a World Rugby executive committee meeting in Dublin in March, when RA board powerbroker Brett Robinson was understood to have confronted Pichot about his relationship with Forrest and asked him to declare a conflict of interest to the committee, which is World Rugby's top decision-making body.

Fairfax Media understands Pichot did so in front of the 11-person committee, but the announcement in June of the 71-Test former Argentina international's role as chief executive of FMG in Argentina has raised eyebrows again.

<snip>

... with talks stalled for some time over Wallabies eligibility of overseas-based players and player welfare concerns, there are fears Forrest could take the concept to either the Argentine Rugby Union or the newly formed Rugby Americas, of which Pichot is president.

Forrest shut down that suggestion when contacted by Fairfax Media.

"We do not plan to take WSR to Latin America. It is an Asia-Pacific competition designed to expand rugby’s reach and relevance in our region, and we are excited by and focused on this mission," he said. "We consider Asia a very important growth area for the game, with about 60 per cent of the world’s population and 80 per cent of the world’s youth living in largely the same time zone."

<snip>

A World Rugby spokesman said Pichot was not involved in any discussions about WSR.

"Agustin Pichot declared his business interests in line with World Rugby’s code of conduct and conflict of interest register for elected officials and, as per the criteria, he is not involved in any discussion, meeting or processes relating to Andrew Forrest’s rugby competition," the spokesman said.

"As previously stated via media release in 2017, any proposed competition and expansion must be approved by Rugby Australia in the first instance and also the union of any participating team, while reassuring the World Rugby EXCO that the concept is in the best interests of the development of the game. This includes key player welfare, discipline, match officiating and anti-doping provisions."

<snip>

In its latest iteration, which was sent to RA this week, WSR pitches a seven-team competition spanning Japan, China (Hong Kong), Singapore, New Zealand, a Pacific Islands nation and Australia.

Fairfax Media understands Forrest or his WSR representatives have been making approaches to Tonga, Fiji and Samoa about the possibility of basing a Pacific Islands team in western Sydney, a move that would be seen as a serious incursion into RA's backyard. Western Sydney is also a vulnerable spot for NSW and RA administrators given this year's axing of the Penrith Emus from the Shute Shield.

<snip>

Deans, who has been coaching Japanese Top League club Panasonic Wild Knights, talked up the concept in Perth this week, where he is preparing for Friday's match between the Force and the Wild Knights.

"His timing is impeccable," Deans said. "Asia's the future, whether we like it or not. Economically, population wise - the interest is already there from a market perspective. They'll tell you there's a greater support base in places like China than there is domestically in Australia and NZ. So the scope for growth there is significant."

Deans said Super Rugby was on the wane.

"The horse has bolted to some extent, which they probably rue, because once people turn off, they find other things to do," he said. "Some would suggest the product's been compromised. Personally I thought the product was better this year - more competitive across the board. But people have stopped watching - that's their biggest issue.

"Change is inevitable. There's no doubt it won't be the same going forward. They really have to capture the imagination of the public again."

One of the provinces understood to be the target of Forrest's mining exploration is San Juan, a province in western Argentina where the Pumas hosted Tests against Wales this year and England in 2017.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...16-p4zxwd.html

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry I thought RA were in deep engagement and support of the WSR. Well at least that’s what the statements out of RA keep saying.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    The RA are all talk more manure.

I see in the Terrorgraph today that Penrith are going back in to the Shute Shield after they have been in discussions with Twiggy in regards to being a feeder team for a potential WSR Western Sydney side.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Sorry I thought RA were in deep engagement and support of the WSR. Well at least that’s what the statements out of RA keep saying.
    The RA have been totally engaged if you consider support comes in the form of a platter of belligerence, obfuscation and intransigence.
    RA is totally incapable of recognising a good idea or coming up with an original thought.

Great to see the Wallaroos playing the curtain raiser for Bledisloe 1.
    What an excellent idea.......
    Gosh, were did we hear about that sort of program first?

Champion
    vCash
    Should we worry though if RA are being really difficult as won't that effect what can be done next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The RA have been totally engaged if you consider support comes in the form of a platter of belligerence, obfuscation and intransigence.
    RA is totally incapable of recognising a good idea or coming up with an original thought.

Great to see the Wallaroos playing the curtain raiser for Bledisloe 1.
    What an excellent idea.......
    Gosh, were did we hear about that sort of program first?
    The RFU have been doing that for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    The hypocrisy and double standards on show at the board level of Rat's Arse are bloodywell gobsmacking. They engineer a conflict situation on extremely flimsy grounds where the WA based board member has to recuse himself from important deliberations concerning his stakeholders; bleat about conflict of interest of Gus Pichot accepting a job with FMG; having absolutely ignored conflicts where serving and past board members and chairmen have gained monetarily from Rat's Arse consulting work. You couldn't dream this stuff up. Dead set! Fees for no (or little) service anyone?

I haven't got time ATM but gotta admit to wondering how Senor Pichot has managed to rise to such a prominent position within about 5 years of retiring as a player.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    RA bleating ‘conflict of interest’ -that’s laughable! 3 words-Pot, kettle, black.Shoes on other foot, boo f##n hoo!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pichot got pumped up due to him pushing for Argentina to get in to regular comps and the UAR is full of cronyism like the RA.

Don't forget John O'Neill's directorship at Visit NSW while the ARU CEO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast