vCash
    So is Deegan in or out?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Discussion thread is over here - http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=40118
    Deja Vu all over again.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Hey TIF, the List thread is over here: - http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=40423

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    So is Deegan in or out?
    NFI sorry

I also got early mail that Jooste was in but have not seen anything official yet.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like no GRR for Sean

EXCLUSIVE: McMahon signs with Sunwolves, World Cup hopes fade
    Today at 7:00 PM Super Rugby
    by Sam Phillips

The chances of Sean McMahon playing at next year's World Cup continue to fade with confirmation the star backrower has signed a deal to play for the Japanese Sunwolves in Super Rugby.

The 24-year-old has not played for the Wallabies since their heavy loss at the hands of Scotland on last year's Spring Tour, having joined Suntory in the Top League this season.

With Japan hosting the 2019 Rugby World Cup, however, the surrounding Top League seasons were drastically shortened - leaving a window for Australian players to return home for a Super Rugby season and a potential World Cup tilt.

The Reds, Rebels and even the Force approached McMahon but RUGBY.com.au can reveal he turned his back on all offers to sign for the Sunwolves for the 2019 Super Rugby season.

A Sunwolves official confirmed McMahon had signed a one-season contract.

It’s understood the deal was done in July.

The Sunwolves play in the Australian conference but they are still regarded as a foreign side and Aussie players at the club are therefore not eligible for the Wallabies.

While the Sunwolves deal doesn’t entirely kill off the chances of McMahon playing at the World Cup – he could still sign for an Australian Super Rugby club in 2020-21 and therefore be eligible for selection – it is understood the flanker intends to stay in Japan and extend with Suntory.

He is understood to be earning around $800,000 per year in the Top League, well over his earning capacity in Australia given the hefty salaries of fellow star flankers David Pocock and Michael Hooper.

McMahon has been sorely missed by the Wallabies in a disappointing 2018 campaign, and will be a huge loss for the Wallabies’ World Cup campaign if he does not figure.

McMahon’s destructive, tireless carries were a significant cog in the attacking machine which kept the Wallabies ticking in 2017 and they have lacked a line bending backrower since his departure.

Asked earlier this month about bringing the star flanker home, Cheika said he'd been "very clear" in putting an offer on the table.

"We’ve been really clear with Sean about what we’d like," Cheika said.

"The ball is in his court."

The Sunwolves announced their initial squad on Tuesday.

Star Kiwi winger Rene Ranger headlined a list of new recruits, the signing of McMahon expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/11...with-sunwolves

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Just did a bit of checking and it seems Alcock, Thrush and Masivesi all signed for two seasons so perhaps we can add them to the list

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought it had already been announced that Thrush is the Force’s marquee player for 2019??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I thought it had already been announced that Thrush is the Force’s marquee player for 2019??
    Fantastic.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Looks like no GRR for Sean

EXCLUSIVE: McMahon signs with Sunwolves, World Cup hopes fade
    Today at 7:00 PM Super Rugby
    by Sam Phillips

The chances of Sean McMahon playing at next year's World Cup continue to fade with confirmation the star backrower has signed a deal to play for the Japanese Sunwolves in Super Rugby.

The 24-year-old has not played for the Wallabies since their heavy loss at the hands of Scotland on last year's Spring Tour, having joined Suntory in the Top League this season.

With Japan hosting the 2019 Rugby World Cup, however, the surrounding Top League seasons were drastically shortened - leaving a window for Australian players to return home for a Super Rugby season and a potential World Cup tilt.

The Reds, Rebels and even the Force approached McMahon but RUGBY.com.au can reveal he turned his back on all offers to sign for the Sunwolves for the 2019 Super Rugby season.

A Sunwolves official confirmed McMahon had signed a one-season contract.

It’s understood the deal was done in July.

The Sunwolves play in the Australian conference but they are still regarded as a foreign side and Aussie players at the club are therefore not eligible for the Wallabies.

While the Sunwolves deal doesn’t entirely kill off the chances of McMahon playing at the World Cup – he could still sign for an Australian Super Rugby club in 2020-21 and therefore be eligible for selection – it is understood the flanker intends to stay in Japan and extend with Suntory.

He is understood to be earning around $800,000 per year in the Top League, well over his earning capacity in Australia given the hefty salaries of fellow star flankers David Pocock and Michael Hooper.

McMahon has been sorely missed by the Wallabies in a disappointing 2018 campaign, and will be a huge loss for the Wallabies’ World Cup campaign if he does not figure.

McMahon’s destructive, tireless carries were a significant cog in the attacking machine which kept the Wallabies ticking in 2017 and they have lacked a line bending backrower since his departure.

Asked earlier this month about bringing the star flanker home, Cheika said he'd been "very clear" in putting an offer on the table.

"We’ve been really clear with Sean about what we’d like," Cheika said.

"The ball is in his court."

The Sunwolves announced their initial squad on Tuesday.

Star Kiwi winger Rene Ranger headlined a list of new recruits, the signing of McMahon expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/11...with-sunwolves
    "simply said, Bugger!"

vCash
    Have it on excellent authority that the likes of Deegan, Stander etc have already signed. They all signed early this year under WSR for 2yrs. We are just being trickle feed names to keep media momentum.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well Deegan is on the home page for the Force Member renewal so I took that as a good sign, i remember reading that he originally signed only for a year so I hope your excellent authority knows his stuff

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    My excellent authority tells me the same. And wasn't there a story in The West saying only four players were not being re-signed.

vCash
    Yeah, only bloke on G & GR who was previously antagonistic towards to Force mentioned something vague about 'losing the Sharpe medalist' or something. Not the best source methinks.

vCash
    Luke Morohan having another blinder for Bristol! Can he be enticed back? How the hell did the Wobblies let him go! Yet another one who goes overseas and starts playing great rugby. Although he played really well at the Force.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Don't think Thrush was announced as a marquee. He is a Force player not a Minderoo Rapid Rugby marquee player.

Last edited by wholetruth; 02-12-18 at 16:43.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast