Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Hong Kong - 10 August 2018

vCash
    They're a lightweight bunch. There's only info on 5-6 of the named squad on that website, but the reserve props (17 & 18) are 101 kg & 98 kg, and the reserve back-rower is 92 kg.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Game Day Information: Force V Hong Kong Dragons
    August 8, 2018

In the second last game of World Series Rugby 2018, the Western Force will take on the Hong Kong Dragons on Friday, August 10.
    Around the Grounds

Key times
    5pm- Gates Open.
    5:30pm- Rugby Junior’s take to the field to show us the future of rugby get it’s done.
    6:00pm- Teams warm up.
    6:20pm- Pre-game entertainment begins!
    6:30pm- Kick-off

Pre-Game Entertainment
    The fun begins as soon as the gates open, with carnival celebrations to keep everyone entertained at Gate 1.
    Carnival Rides
    Fiesta Balloons
    Inflatable Camelot Castle
    The Fishing Pool
    Popcorn
    Merchandise
    Rugby Roos
    DJ

Make sure you get you Force gear signed by one of the players under the tent at Gate 1.

The RugbyRoo’s are back, so come join in with some of the Future Force boys in a game.

The Carnival atmosphere is a bundle of fun! So get down to Gate 1 early to check out the full rugby experience.

Halftime Entertainment
    Kick for Cash Competition
    Cash Kick is back once more and one lucky person will get the chance to win a share of $20,000 by converting a place-kick during halftime.
    The lucky member will be chosen via social media showing a photo of their Force colours and the hashtag #cashkick.
    For more information click here!
    Giant Rugby Ball Competition
    Thanks to Ernest Green and Sons four lucky people could win a hefty Meat Pack in a race to roll the giant rugby ball around the field faster than the other team!

Getting to and from the game
    Public Transport is included in your game day ticket!
    Bus stops are located on Lord, Beaufort and Brisbane Street, with all buses servicing the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station.
    Or you can catch the train with Claisebrook Station just 300m from Gate 4. McIver, East Perth and Perth Station are also roughly a 15-minute walk away.
    If you wish to drive in, parking is available at all train stations as well as parking lots around the area. Brisbane Street Car Park is located a couple minutes walk away from the stadium, with parking lots on Beaufort and Stirling streets also just around the corner.

Membership queries
    Your 2018 Membership Packs will be available for collection from nib Stadium.
    You can collect you them from the Membership Kiosk, located inside Gate 4.
    Or, alternatively, you can collect your pack from Rugby HQ, 203 Underwood Ave, Floreat during normal business hours.
    WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE GAME!
    #BETHEFORCE

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Duo celebrate 50 Caps
    August 9, 2018

Force duo Marcel Brache and Brynard Stander will be running out against the Hong Kong Dragons on Friday night in a monumental game to mark their 50th Western Force caps.

Marcel and Brynard debuted merely weeks apart in 2014 and have since developed a close friendship over the years.
    Brynard and Marcel’s experience and charismatic personalities has made them favourites in the club, giving the entire squad that little bit more motivation to make this game a memorable one.

Marcel spoke of the opportunity to share the experience on Friday at nib stadium, where his Force career began.
    “Not only I am excited that I get to share this experience with Brynard, who joined the Force at the same time as me, but with nib Stadium,” Marcel said.

“Playing my 50th game where I was fortunate enough to begin my career and to be able to share that with my friends, family and of course the fans.”

Likewise, Brynard too was excited to share the honours with longtime friend and teammate Marcel.
    “It’s going to be a great experience being able to share a moment like that in your career with somebody special like Marcel, who I have been with for a long time,” Brynard said.

“It’s going to be a wonderful night.”

Coach Tim Sampson spoke about how important it was to celebrate the game and the success of Brynard and Marcel as a team.

“You know it’s fantastic to see and there are not too many milestones that have been achieved within this club being one of the younger clubs,” Tim said.

“It’s great and what’s interesting is that they debuted for the Force within two weeks of each other back in 2014 so they’re good mates and it’s great that they can share this together.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/duo-celebrate-50-caps/

vCash
    So after searching for "Deegan" and then clicking in circles for the next 20 minutes I give up?
    Is he injured?
    I recon he's looked really good in previous games.
    Why is Mr Deegan not in the side?

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    So after searching for "Deegan" and then clicking in circles for the next 20 minutes I give up?
    Is he injured?
    I recon he's looked really good in previous games.
    Why is Mr Deegan not in the side?
    Hot on the heels of an outstanding performance in the barbarian Wallabies’ trial squad, Andrew Deegan has been rested while trial squad teammate Tevin Ferris will start as a flanker.
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/west...ons-team-list/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Hot on the heels of an outstanding performance in the barbarian Wallabies’ trial squad, Andrew Deegan has been rested while trial squad teammate Tevin Ferris will start as a flanker.
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/west...ons-team-list/
    So outstanding that he did not even rate the slightest of mentions on "that show" last night, pretty much every other player got a mention except him and Tevin. I guess it was hard for them when the main focus about the game was how many bourbon cans and hot dogs Drew Mitchell had at the game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Glad I am no longer contributing to that slimeball’s salary.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So outstanding that he did not even rate the slightest of mentions on "that show" last night, pretty much every other player got a mention except him and Tevin. I guess it was hard for them when the main focus about the game was how many bourbon cans and hot dogs Drew Mitchell had at the game.
    Was their actually any mention at all of the Force or tomorrows game? Everyone I've spoken to also must have missed the Force segment (if one actually happened). Are the RA/Foxsports shunning WA rugby by not reporting on the only actual game of any real significance happening this week in Australian rugby? Those arseholes over east really want to eradicate any trace of our existance.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    #StrongerAsFour

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    #StrongerAsFour
    And a 400% increase in wins over New Zealand opposition. The most successful year in 3 years, watch out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    And a 400% increase in wins over New Zealand opposition. The most successful year in 3 years, watch out!
    Your maths is wrong

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Your maths is wrong
    I know but I needed to put something in there. I used the RA spreadsheet calcs. You couldnt even say 4x better, that's the sad part.

vCash
    Andrew Forrest’s World Series Rugby is still bubbling and Hong Kong get their chance to audition against Western Force

Sam Agars - South China Morning Post - 9 August 2018

The HKRU have shown interest in the mining magnate’s breakout competition from the outset and get a first-hand look on Friday in Perth.

Hong Kong will get their first taste of Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest’s “World Series Rugby” when they take on the Western Force in Perth on Friday as details around a more permanent version of the mining magnate’s breakout competition remain vague.

Hong Kong have shown interest from the outset of what was initially labelled the Indo-Pacific Rugby Championship, before Forrest launched his World Series earlier this year to ensure the Force seven fixtures in 2018.

Hong Kong are the sixth team on the Force’s schedule – after the likes of Fiji A, Tonga and Samoa – and Hong Kong Rugby Union chief executive Robbie McRobbie says he will be watching Friday’s action “with keen interest”.
    “It’s obviously interesting for us to see how we would stack up against the Force if we ended up in the competition,” he said.
    “We are watching developments with interest and we remain interested in the competition, depending on what the details are like.
    “We believe that certainly there is an intention to kick the competition off next year but that’s as much as there is to say at the moment.”

The West Australian reported last week that next year’s competition could run from March to June and feature eight teams and a A$1 million purse, with New Zealand, Japan, Fiji, Hong Kong and Singapore touted as potentially providing teams.

Forrest hatched the idea after Rugby Australia removed the Force from Super Rugby and, despite a number of hurdles, remains determined to keep his beloved side alive.

The Force have won three of their five fixtures so far and will provide a stern test for a Hong Kong side that McRobbie says will be experimental.
    While about one third of the squad will be made up of current Hong Kong players, the rest will come from outside the elite rugby programme.

"It’s an opportunity for [coach] Leigh Jones to have a look at those players who might be pressing a claim for selection in the coming months,” McRobbie said. “It’s a good chance to give them a run against strong opposition and it should be a good test.”

The match forms part of Hong Kong’s build-up to the final stage of qualifying for the 2019 World Cup in Japan, which will see them take on Canada, Germany and an African side – likely Kenya – in a repechage in France in November.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/rugby/fi....-and-hong-kong

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bus leaves at 5.30pm

vCash
    How are ticket sales going so far? Weather looks good!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast