Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Stockman Rugby Union V Western Force Sat 25th August 2018 @Lark Hill.

vCash

Australian Stockman Rugby Union V Western Force Sat 25th August 2018 @Lark Hill.

Name:  Stockman.jpg
Views: 2673
Size:  15.2 KB
    APPLY NOW - Closes Thurs 19th July🔥
    If you play #Grassroots rugby in Australia and reckon you can handle the heat of the #WesternForce then dust off the rugby resume and apply now! In 2018 we will be selecting from remote, rural and regional regions in addition to premier competitions Australia wide.
    The squad will be in camp for a week in Perth arriving Sat 18th August and departing Sun 26th Aug.
    There will be an individual touring cost of $2,000 per squad member (excludes travel to and from Perth and food/beverages). A fundraising toolkit and support will be provided.
    Interested players are to email their resume through to info@stockmanrugby.com by 5pm (est) Thursday 19th July 2018.
    Please include the following information.
    🔥Head and shoulders photo against a white wall.
    🔥Personal, playing and contact details including: name, DOB, height, weight, postal address, email, mobile, club, representative honours, years playing, rugby origins.
    🔥Strength and Fitness info: Bench press max: 3 reps, Squat max: 3 reps, 20m sprint time, 100m sprint time, 3km run time, Beep test (if available).
    🔥1x Rugby reference details (coach etc), 1 x Character reference details.
    🔥A brief paragraph on you, your ambitions, your past, why you want a shot.
    Look forward to hearing from #ClubandCountry players Australia wide and watching #GrassRootsRugby stand up!#Stockies4Life #ForClubAndCountry #GrassRootsRugby #ClubLandAPPLY NOW - Closes Thurs 19th July🔥
    If you play #Grassroots rugby in Australia and reckon you can handle the heat of the #WesternForce then dust off the rugby resume and apply now! In 2018 we will be selecting from remote, rural and regional regions in addition to premier competitions Australia wide.
    The squad will be in camp for a week in Perth arriving Sat 18th August and departing Sun 26th Aug.
    There will be an individual touring cost of $2,000 per squad member (excludes travel to and from Perth and food/beverages). A fundraising toolkit and support will be provided.
    Interested players are to email their resume through to info@stockmanrugby.com by 5pm (est) Thursday 19th July 2018.
    Please include the following information.
    🔥Head and shoulders photo against a white wall.
    🔥Personal, playing and contact details including: name, DOB, height, weight, postal address, email, mobile, club, representative honours, years playing, rugby origins.
    🔥Strength and Fitness info: Bench press max: 3 reps, Squat max: 3 reps, 20m sprint time, 100m sprint time, 3km run time, Beep test (if available).
    🔥1x Rugby reference details (coach etc), 1 x Character reference details.
    🔥A brief paragraph on you, your ambitions, your past, why you want a shot.
    Look forward to hearing from #ClubandCountry players Australia wide and watching #GrassRootsRugby stand up!#Stockies4Life #ForClubAndCountry #GrassRootsRugby #ClubLand

Western Force have said that further details from our end will be released next week.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JPR; 10-07-18 at 09:52.
    One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    That's an interesting game to play at NIB. Hope they get a big crowd for it. I'll go along, take some mates who haven't been able to come with me for other games because I have a season ticket.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    This seems really exciting but I wonder why it was never announced untill now. Surely even this game could attract 10k die hard Force supporters to what looks to be a pretty cool match up.

Saturday game too which makes it easier to get to for the family so ill be making sure they get there too.

Overall im just glad we have another fixture this year before the NRC kicks off.

vCash
    Won't be at nib
    Will be on after the Prem Grade semi at whatever ground that is

Cue the discussion about the best venue for it. I'll start you off:
    Kingsway is purported to have the best lights at a community rugby ground in Perth

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think this is either an early April Fools Day attempt, or someone's lost the plot.

Who would pay to watch a bunch of unknowns play against a professional team?

Would the Force players risk their reputations by playing a side that have paid $2000 each to play against them?

One week's team preparation?

Let's not get involved in a rugby arseclown circus.

We've already got the FMG Premiership Competition for that.

vCash
    In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think this concept is a premeditated insult to the Force.

Try this crap out against the Waratahs first, then come back and talk to us about it.

No? I wonder why!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I think this is either an early April Fools Day attempt, or someone's lost the plot.

Who would pay to watch a bunch of unknowns play against a professional team?

Would the Force players risk their reputations by playing a side that have paid $2000 each to play against them?

One week's team preparation?

Let's not get involved in a rugby arseclown circus.

We've already got the FMG Premiership Competition for that
    Must admit that I laughed out loud at that.

I guess I have intepreted the fixture differently.
    1. Its good to see another fixture added to an otherwise grim season of lengthly breaks inbetween these exhibition matches.
    2. I wouldnt say they are just going to pick a bunch of no names who pay 2k for the privledge of playing the Force. I would have thought they would be picking the best of the rising talent from the different premier leagues around the country who will pay a small fee for a semi pro player to showcase their skills to a fully pro club which is what they will be doing.
    3. I am sure something like this would have been done somewhere in the world already. The team the Australian Rugby Stockman put out could very well be at semi pro standard and put up a good fight against the Force so I wouldnt expect them to jusy roll over when reputations are on the line and the Force selectors/coaches will be keeping a close eye on the opposition.

Ofcourse I could just be completely wrong but surely it isn't as bad as you portray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Won't be at nib
    Will be on after the Prem Grade semi at whatever ground that is

Cue the discussion about the best venue for it. I'll start you off:
    Kingsway is purported to have the best lights at a community rugby ground in Perth
    Should be played at Larkhill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Should be played at Larkhill.
    Against the Cavaliers.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Force play Country
    July 19, 2018
    The Western Force will host the Australian-Stockman rugby team as a community event to give country and regional players an opportunity to play on a large professional stage.

Just a week before their NRC campaign begins the Force will compete in a friendly match prior to the FMG Premier grand final on August 25.

The Force’s head of elite performance Matt Hodgson believes the game is important to bring Australian rugby together and is an essential opportunity for young players to build a relationship with the professional community.

“We are proud to champion the best interests of Rugby in Australia and provide grassroots rugby a bigger stage this year in Western Australia,” Hodgson said.

“The opportunity for grassroots rugby to combine with professionals in a friendly match is an incredible feature for community rugby.

“What we are building in the West relies on having solid grassroots development pathways, we see this match as an opportunity to do the same on a national scale.”

The Australian-Stockman Rugby squad will also be complemented by professional players, but will consist predominantly of club, regional and rural players from premier competitions around Australia.

Rugby WA CEO Bob Hunter discussed the importance of maintaining links between professional and community rugby Australia wide.

“The Australian-Stockman game is a perfect representative of all levels of rugby in Australia that identifies the positive relationships community rugby has with its players,” Hunter said.

“It that can also provide a strong stepping-stone to the next level.”

Former Wallaby Nic Henderson will be the coach of the Australian Stockman squad and is looking forward to the unique challenge after working with the Melbourne Rebels U20’s squad and the Junior Wallabies team in 2017.

“We reckon there is a fair bit of untapped talent in grassroots rugby, hungry for an opportunity like this one and able to perform at this level,” the former Wallaby said.

“This fixture presents a great opportunity to reward some of the best club rugby players in Australia with a Stockman Rugby jersey and a game against a professional team.”

Wallabies, Mark Gerrard and Nathan Charles are confirmed to be pulling on the boots to help steer the club and country rugby boys around the field.

“I think it’s great the Western Force are providing the opportunity and both teams are looking at the benefit it will have for grassroots rugby in this country,” Gerrard said.

“Personally, I’m looking forward to pulling the Stockman jersey on and having a crack and hopefully adding some experience and leadership around the paddock.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/force-play-country/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Force play Country
    July 19, 2018
    The Western Force will host the Australian-Stockman rugby team as a community event to give country and regional players an opportunity to play on a large professional stage.

Just a week before their NRC campaign begins the Force will compete in a friendly match prior to the FMG Premier grand final on August 25.

The Force’s head of elite performance Matt Hodgson believes the game is important to bring Australian rugby together and is an essential opportunity for young players to build a relationship with the professional community.

“We are proud to champion the best interests of Rugby in Australia and provide grassroots rugby a bigger stage this year in Western Australia,” Hodgson said.

“The opportunity for grassroots rugby to combine with professionals in a friendly match is an incredible feature for community rugby.

“What we are building in the West relies on having solid grassroots development pathways, we see this match as an opportunity to do the same on a national scale.”

The Australian-Stockman Rugby squad will also be complemented by professional players, but will consist predominantly of club, regional and rural players from premier competitions around Australia.

Rugby WA CEO Bob Hunter discussed the importance of maintaining links between professional and community rugby Australia wide.

“The Australian-Stockman game is a perfect representative of all levels of rugby in Australia that identifies the positive relationships community rugby has with its players,” Hunter said.

“It that can also provide a strong stepping-stone to the next level.”

Former Wallaby Nic Henderson will be the coach of the Australian Stockman squad and is looking forward to the unique challenge after working with the Melbourne Rebels U20’s squad and the Junior Wallabies team in 2017.

“We reckon there is a fair bit of untapped talent in grassroots rugby, hungry for an opportunity like this one and able to perform at this level,” the former Wallaby said.

“This fixture presents a great opportunity to reward some of the best club rugby players in Australia with a Stockman Rugby jersey and a game against a professional team.”

Wallabies, Mark Gerrard and Nathan Charles are confirmed to be pulling on the boots to help steer the club and country rugby boys around the field.

“I think it’s great the Western Force are providing the opportunity and both teams are looking at the benefit it will have for grassroots rugby in this country,” Gerrard said.

“Personally, I’m looking forward to pulling the Stockman jersey on and having a crack and hopefully adding some experience and leadership around the paddock.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/force-play-country/
    Still looking forward to the announcement of where this will be held. I have two preferences..
    NIB
    LARKHILL

Ill be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Still looking forward to the announcement of where this will be held. I have two preferences..
    NIB
    LARKHILL

Ill be there.
    It's before the grand final, so wherever that is played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    It's before the grand final, so wherever that is played.
    It's AFTER the grand final, of the Saturday game, so wherever that is played.

(note: not the Premier Grade grandy - that's on the Sunday)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    It's AFTER the grand final, of the Saturday game, so wherever that is played.

(note: not the Premier Grade grandy - that's on the Sunday)
    Right, I think I may have just developed a strange form of dyslexia then as I certainly read the timing of the game but it wasn't that.

vCash
    How many of you middle aged crocks have paid your $2000 for the privilege of having your bums kicked by the Force third string?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast