Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Australian Stockman Rugby Union V Western Force Sat 25th August 2018 @Lark Hill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    How many of you middle aged crocks have paid your $2000 for the privilege of having your bums kicked by the Force third string?
    I am considering it, but my strength & fitness info is all in single figures. Luckily my rep info is all from last century, so likely pretty hard to refute. Being from WA - and never having been to NZ - they might call me out on being an All Black triallist, but there's plenty of those in this town so I'm hoping for the best.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    How many of you middle aged crocks have paid your $2000 for the privilege of having your bums kicked by the Force third string?
    Pretty sure Gunny is going to have a run at 10

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Ive just done a fetlock!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Should be played at Larkhill.
    Pretty stoked to see this come true if this announcement is correct. Infact i am absolutely over the moon. Living North of Mandurah/South of Rockingham Its usually a huge mission to get up to NIB stadium with the kids etc when a game is on. Especially for Fridays because its such a long way home for me when I work around the city and to get back home to take the family can be impossible in peak hour traffic so I usually can't go with them and have to line up a mate to see it with me after work. Saturday afternoon games are my preference but around 6pm kick offs can be tolerable and I understand its impossible to suit everyone so its a hard one to balance between the social drinkers, Saturday senior rugby players and ofcourse young families..

Anyways here is the announcement on the Rockingham facebook page. Get excited, its happened, the Force have made it to Larkhill for what looks to be an epic and intriguing match. . .. Grassroots taking on the Force in a grassroots stadium!! Go Mr. Forrest, you just hit another one outta the park!

vCash
    I think this is either an early April Fools Day attempt, or someone's lost the plot.

Who would pay to watch a bunch of unknowns play against a professional team?

Would the Force players risk their reputations by playing a side that have paid $2000 each to play against them?

One week's team preparation?

Let's not get involved in a rugby arseclown circus.

We've already got the FMG Premiership Competition for that.
    In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think this concept is a premeditated insult to the Force.

Try this crap out against the Waratahs first, then come back and talk to us about it.

No? I wonder why!
    I'm not going to make life easy for you......
    Suggest you do a modicum of research on the background and motivation of the Australian Country Stockman Rugby.
    You'd then get an appreciation of why they do what they do.
    The teams have presented themselves well in the past.
    There's no reason why that shouldn't happen at Lark Hill.

I suggest that you also have a chat with the coaching staff regarding the impact of too many 2-3 week breaks through the season and the value of game continuity prior to the start of the NRC.
    There is no doubt that there is more benefit from the team playing together rather than just getting game time in Club rugby.

Even a little bit of research would come up with a lot of links between Minderoo's desire to promote the game of rugby broadly - even into the country - Matt Hodgson's past activities with the Lloyd McDermott Foundation as well as his links with Livin and the Australian Stockman's desire to address the issues re depression and suicide - particularly in the country.

Doesn't sound like a "rugby arseclown circus" to me......

To me there's many good reasons why the Western Force and the Australian Country Stockman team should get together at Lark Hill.
    And even more good reasons for me to be there!

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 04-08-18 at 03:19.

vCash
    I think JPR or a mod should maybe edit the title to say @ Larkhill instead of @ NIB, might attract a few more people to the game if they are local to Rockingham/ Mandurah/ Serpentine/Kwinana/ Cockburn and come scross this site and see the thread title and realise its going to be in the area. I would imagine the game wont get much advertising except through social media.

Still stoked its at Larkhill

Rookie
    vCash
    Won't Saturday 25/8 be a clash with club rugby finals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooked View Post
    Won't Saturday 25/8 be a clash with club rugby finals?
    Well this announcement says that Larkhill is hosting the finals

----
    "We're excited to announce that, not only are we hosting the 2018 FMG @rugby_wa Finals but we're also hosting.....

Western Force vs Australian Stockman Rugby Union
    🙊🙊🙊

#KeepYouPostedOnProgress"
    -----

So the game is scheduled before the final (as per an earlier annoucement) sometime during the day, we will have to wait and see the fixtures

vCash
    Not a great production but some good content re ACSR.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the...-shaun-mackin/

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So who won when they played the 'Tahs?

vCash
    Good luck to them in their fund raising. It is a worthy cause. I just don't see its essential connection with professional rugby.

The game itself, stripped of emotion, and the worthiness of the cause, is a farce on the basis of their advertised team selection criterion, if it is suggested it will be a serious encounter and a "workout" for the Force.

Although I have heard that Nathan Charles is playing for the "Stockmen", so I suppose the player contribution of $2000 will not be the sole criterion for selection.

Chacun a son gout.

Good thing it is not being played at Southern Lions.

vCash
    Good luck to them in their fund raising. It is a worthy cause. I just don't see its essential connection with professional rugby.

The game itself, stripped of emotion, and the worthiness of the cause, is a farce on the basis of their advertised team selection criterion, if it is suggested it will be a serious encounter and a "workout" for the Force.

Although I have heard that Nathan Charles is playing for the "Stockmen", so I suppose the player contribution of $2000 will not be the sole criterion for selection.

Chacun a son gout.

Good thing it is not being played at Southern Lions.
    When was the last time you yelled at kids to get off your lawn?

vCash
    Just before the bindii went to seed.

vCash
    Although I have heard that Nathan Charles is playing for the "Stockmen", so I suppose the player contribution of $2000 will not be the sole criterion for selection..
    Nathan Charles is playing? Make sure to keep those Southern Lions bludgers away.

vCash
    The Australian Country Stockman Rugby Facebook page is saying 6pm kick off. So that means under lights at Lark Hill. Good time. Still early enough to attract all the families and ppl can still watch the FMG final and or Bledisloe and still have plenty of time to get down there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast