Thread: Ticket Master Data Breach.

vCash

Ticket Master Data Breach.

Anyone else been advised of this after buying tix? I got notified 4 days ago and had a text from Amex questioning a transaction last night. Was a fraud attempt and card was cancelled.

Getting a little paranoid. This is the third "hack advisory" in the past month for me. No credit card involved in the other 2.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    was the AMEX Txt Legit?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    was the AMEX Txt Legit?
    Yep. Asked to text 1 of I made the transaction 2 if not. Second text asking to contact Amex immediately. Logged into Amex to verify the phone number legit and, after the usual ID checks they cancelled the card. I said earlier that other incidents were not CC related but I since remembered my Which Bank CC was used to book a hotel in the Grampians a few months ago and had to be cancelled. But I picked it up myself as I monitor CC's regularly. Like I said, getting a little paranoid.

Ticket Master has offered 12 months free ID monitoring. It concerns anyone who booked on line from last November till about mid June IIRC. Not limited to AMEX - but I'm glad they are on the ball.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yeah got the same email today. Not sure how much of this Inbenta tech crap effects me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah got the same email today. Not sure how much of this Inbenta tech crap effects me.
    Didn't affect me at all. Until some scrote tried to use the credit card number.

Ticketmaster would not be offering a year's free ID monitoring if it wasn't a serious issue.

I'd advise anyone who gets that e mail to log in to Ticketmaster and check if they have stored your credit card number and delete it. They had mine and I'm 99% sure they didn't ask first. I ALWAYS decline. You might also consider contacting the card issuer for advice.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 10-07-18 at 23:18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Didn't affect me at all. Until some scrote tried to use the credit card number.

Ticketmaster would not be offering a year's free ID monitoring if it wasn't a serious issue.

I'd advise anyone who gets that e mail to log in to Ticketmaster and check if they have stored your credit card number and delete it. They had mine and I'm 99% sure they didn't ask first. I ALWAYS decline. You might also consider contacting the card issuer for advice.
    Yeah I reset my password and it deleted my stored credit card entry.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah I reset my password and it deleted my stored credit card entry.
    I just bought tickets for Friday night and guess what - Ticketmaster kept my card details again. The new card I had to arrange after their last clusterf@ck. I checked as soon as I printed the tix. I'm 100% sure I unchecked the "Store Card" box. They just got a fair rant e mail and if I don't get some answers PDQ I'll be lodging a dispute.

Out of interest. SPaRTAN; did you authorise them to store your info before you deleted it?

PS. the ID monitoring mob they've offered a free subscription to gets reviews comparable to Rat's Arse so I'm not going near them either.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I just bought tickets for Friday night and guess what - Ticketmaster kept my card details again. The new card I had to arrange after their last clusterf@ck. I checked as soon as I printed the tix. I'm 100% sure I unchecked the "Store Card" box. They just got a fair rant e mail and if I don't get some answers PDQ I'll be lodging a dispute.

Out of interest. SPaRTAN; did you authorise them to store your info before you deleted it?

PS. the ID monitoring mob they've offered a free subscription to gets reviews comparable to Rat's Arse so I'm not going near them either.
    Yeah I definitely wont be going near that ID mob either. To be honest I normally wouldnt click that box, and if automatically clicked I would normally unclick it so I was pretty mystified to find out they had my credit card details when they sent me the email, at the time I just put it down to me just probably overlooking the box but usually its something I wouldnt overlook so I did question it abit in my mind. I think you might be onto something. They might be storing the information regardless...

vCash
    I thought I may have overlooked it too the first time. Not this time. The fact that the "default" option is to save the card is suspect behaviour anyway. See where my complaint goes. I'll post the outcome.

vCash
    I see that Ticketmaster are closing down Seatwave. Some of the ticket prices on that site for RWC 2015 were absolutely atrocious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45133094

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board