Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ticket Master Data Breach.

  1. #1
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,151
    vCash
    5376000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!

    Ticket Master Data Breach.

    Anyone else been advised of this after buying tix? I got notified 4 days ago and had a text from Amex questioning a transaction last night. Was a fraud attempt and card was cancelled.

    Getting a little paranoid. This is the third "hack advisory" in the past month for me. No credit card involved in the other 2.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Legend Contributor Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    vCash
    346000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    was the AMEX Txt Legit?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!

  3. #3
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,151
    vCash
    5376000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    was the AMEX Txt Legit?
    Yep. Asked to text 1 of I made the transaction 2 if not. Second text asking to contact Amex immediately. Logged into Amex to verify the phone number legit and, after the usual ID checks they cancelled the card. I said earlier that other incidents were not CC related but I since remembered my Which Bank CC was used to book a hotel in the Grampians a few months ago and had to be cancelled. But I picked it up myself as I monitor CC's regularly. Like I said, getting a little paranoid.

    Ticket Master has offered 12 months free ID monitoring. It concerns anyone who booked on line from last November till about mid June IIRC. Not limited to AMEX - but I'm glad they are on the ball.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  4. #4
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,019
    vCash
    35474000
    Yeah got the same email today. Not sure how much of this Inbenta tech crap effects me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,151
    vCash
    5376000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah got the same email today. Not sure how much of this Inbenta tech crap effects me.
    Didn't affect me at all. Until some scrote tried to use the credit card number.

    Ticketmaster would not be offering a year's free ID monitoring if it wasn't a serious issue.

    I'd advise anyone who gets that e mail to log in to Ticketmaster and check if they have stored your credit card number and delete it. They had mine and I'm 99% sure they didn't ask first. I ALWAYS decline. You might also consider contacting the card issuer for advice.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 10-07-18 at 23:18.

  6. #6
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,019
    vCash
    35474000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Didn't affect me at all. Until some scrote tried to use the credit card number.

    Ticketmaster would not be offering a year's free ID monitoring if it wasn't a serious issue.

    I'd advise anyone who gets that e mail to log in to Ticketmaster and check if they have stored your credit card number and delete it. They had mine and I'm 99% sure they didn't ask first. I ALWAYS decline. You might also consider contacting the card issuer for advice.
    Yeah I reset my password and it deleted my stored credit card entry.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,151
    vCash
    5376000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah I reset my password and it deleted my stored credit card entry.
    I just bought tickets for Friday night and guess what - Ticketmaster kept my card details again. The new card I had to arrange after their last clusterf@ck. I checked as soon as I printed the tix. I'm 100% sure I unchecked the "Store Card" box. They just got a fair rant e mail and if I don't get some answers PDQ I'll be lodging a dispute.

    Out of interest. SPaRTAN; did you authorise them to store your info before you deleted it?

    PS. the ID monitoring mob they've offered a free subscription to gets reviews comparable to Rat's Arse so I'm not going near them either.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  8. #8
    Champion SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,019
    vCash
    35474000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I just bought tickets for Friday night and guess what - Ticketmaster kept my card details again. The new card I had to arrange after their last clusterf@ck. I checked as soon as I printed the tix. I'm 100% sure I unchecked the "Store Card" box. They just got a fair rant e mail and if I don't get some answers PDQ I'll be lodging a dispute.

    Out of interest. SPaRTAN; did you authorise them to store your info before you deleted it?

    PS. the ID monitoring mob they've offered a free subscription to gets reviews comparable to Rat's Arse so I'm not going near them either.
    Yeah I definitely wont be going near that ID mob either. To be honest I normally wouldnt click that box, and if automatically clicked I would normally unclick it so I was pretty mystified to find out they had my credit card details when they sent me the email, at the time I just put it down to me just probably overlooking the box but usually its something I wouldnt overlook so I did question it abit in my mind. I think you might be onto something. They might be storing the information regardless...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,151
    vCash
    5376000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    I thought I may have overlooked it too the first time. Not this time. The fact that the "default" option is to save the card is suspect behaviour anyway. See where my complaint goes. I'll post the outcome.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  10. #10
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,780
    vCash
    5226000
    I see that Ticketmaster are closing down Seatwave. Some of the ticket prices on that site for RWC 2015 were absolutely atrocious.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45133094

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-08-16, 13:42
  2. Space age soccer - big data in the world cup
    By UNCLE BOOG in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-07-14, 09:23
  3. Ticket Master
    By theforceguy in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-12, 18:34
  4. Master vs apprentice
    By travelling_gerry in forum Western Force
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-09, 11:43
  5. Wanted: Volunteer to do some data input
    By Darren in forum Site News, Suggestions and Troubles
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-10-08, 00:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •