Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: All aboard the Highlanders and Sharks bandwagon

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Victorians a patriotic bunch!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Long before the Western Force I used to love watching Super Rugby games. Even though there wasn't a team in Perth, I still loved watching the games, and the rugby. As a consequence of the way the Western Force, and Western Australian rugby fans, were treated I've no interest in Super Rugby any more. Foxtel only get half the money from me they used to - I had to sign up for the budget Foxtel Now package because the kids couldn't live without their sports.

It's got nothing to do with the Wallabies, but my interest in Super Rugby has been destroyed. I feel like a fan, ready and eager to support a team, with no team to support - and that feeling also extends to the Wallabies. I'm really hopeful for WSR, I'm hoping I'll get behind the Western Force again, I'm sure I will. What's happening with WSR is truly amazing, and hopefully everything will live up to it's potential. But right now my interest in rugby has taken a real hit.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Long before the Western Force I used to love watching Super Rugby games. Even though there wasn't a team in Perth, I still loved watching the games, and the rugby. As a consequence of the way the Western Force, and Western Australian rugby fans, were treated I've no interest in Super Rugby any more. Foxtel only get half the money from me they used to - I had to sign up for the budget Foxtel Now package because the kids couldn't live without their sports.

It's got nothing to do with the Wallabies, but my interest in Super Rugby has been destroyed. I feel like a fan, ready and eager to support a team, with no team to support - and that feeling also extends to the Wallabies. I'm really hopeful for WSR, I'm hoping I'll get behind the Western Force again, I'm sure I will. What's happening with WSR is truly amazing, and hopefully everything will live up to it's potential. But right now my interest in rugby has taken a real hit.
    Stick with it Chrisk, things will only get better!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Why can’t anything be done about Clyne, the board and Raelene. They sit up in their ivory towers at Moore Park. Untouchable or just hanging on to power by their finger nails?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    Why can’t anything be done about Clyne, the board and Raelene. They sit up in their ivory towers at Moore Park. Untouchable or just hanging on to power by their finger nails?
    The former, not the later.

Raelene is appointed by, and her contract managed by, the board, she is safe as long as she can maintain a strong relationship with the board. She has managed to do this by being their mouthpiece and not getting in the way of the power brokers.

THe board can only be rolled in a couple of ways. Obviously, if they do something illegal they can be charged and removed from office however every cent that the ARU has would be burned to stop that happening and they'd leave the code even more destitute than it is at the moment.

ASIC could disqualify individuals from serving on any board for a time, the same effect would occur

The voting members of the corporation (not sure of the ARU's structure in a business sense, but regardless of whether they're an incorporated association, a public listed company or a private company the rules are pretty much the same) could call an EGM or SGM to vote a motion of no confidence in the board (or specific individuals) however the voting pool is small and basically controlled by majority stakeholders NSW and Qld, I'm pretty sure their bum buddies in Melbourne will do whatever it takes to keep that particular gravy train rolingso I wouldn't expect any motion to get the votes.

That's why almost everybody here is pinning whatever hope they have on the ASIC investigation, because exposing and prosecuting the actual illegalities involved in the horrendously biased and opaque decision to kill the Force, then forcibly removing the perpetrators from office is the only way to save Rugby in Australia. Personally, I think a significant burden will be heaped onto the backs of Pulver, Day and Clark, all with the pro-bono support of North and favourable testimony by Gray et al to see Cameron Clyne escape scot free and continue his program of dismantling rugby brick by brick and funneling whatever money he can into his personal bank account.

I still dream of justice prevailing, but it's a long shot in anybody's book.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heapsoffun View Post
    ...call you unaustralian...
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...My parents were married thank you very much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    ...I think they are playing like crap, and pick the wrong players and the Coach is a joke....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    ... My parents conceived and mum gave birth to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    ... started learning the language....
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    ...I refuse to let a group of Rugby Executives stop me from watching the Game I love and live for...

Jeez can't get more straylan than that

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Looks like there's 11 of us now. Welcome to Les Unreasonables. You're becoming more unreasonable by the minute. Well done.
    Man the barricades!!

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Jeez can't get more straylan than that
    I'm Straylan.

Born in Perth. Now live in Western Sydney.

Wore the uniform of my country for 12 years

Worked for the Commonwealth Public Service for 10 years

Been off and on the dole for the last 8 years.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Good work by the boys to knock the Rabble out of the finals. De Clyne your master plan failed.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3