Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All aboard the Highlanders and Sharks bandwagon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Hey!!

I'm reasonable - But I draw the line at supporting the Tahs.
    You know life is tough when you have to support England and the Tahs due to them being the lesser of two evils.

The Tahs have topped the conference come on the Sharks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 07-07-18 at 19:29.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    You know life is tough when you have to support England and the Tahs due to them being the lesser of two evils.
    As stated on many numerous occasions.

I still continue to support the Wallabies.

( I think they are playing like crap, and pick the wrong players and the Coach is a joke) but still, support the Wallabies.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Apprentice
    vCash
    So just to confirm, you would rather support another country than the one you have chosen to live in?

Apprentice
    vCash
    As stated on many numerous occasions.

I still continue to support the Wallabies.

( I think they are playing like crap, and pick the wrong players and the Coach is a joke) but still, support the Wallabies.
    Yeah it kills me too, they were always last on my list. Force, brumbies, reds, rebels then tahs. I would never stop supporting my country no matter what, hearing people talk about supporting other countries really disgusts me. This is our country and my family have served it in both the army and the navy, to turn your back on your country because of a stupid administration is the dumbest shit I have ever heard

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heapsoffun View Post
    So just to confirm, you would rather support another country than the one you have chosen to live in?
    Just to confirm, I haven't chosen to live here I was born here.

I will not support the Wallabies until they represent this country, it's simple really. When they represent the governing body that has done everything within its power to destroy rugby in 1/3 of the country by landmass all while bankrupting the code to attempt to generate a pulse in a single city, it's simple logic really. The Wallabies no longer represent me, so I don't support them.

Call me unAustralian if you want, I could make a pretty solid argument that you are being unAustralian by supporting the rich, powerful establishment at the expense of the battler.

as Ex well knows, the difference is, I respect Ex.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

I will not support the Wallabies until they represent this country, it's simple really. When they represent the governing body that has done everything within its power to destroy rugby in 1/3 of the country by landmass all while bankrupting the code to attempt to generate a pulse in a single city, it's simple logic really. The Wallabies no longer represent me, so I don't support them.

Call me unAustralian if you want, I could make a pretty solid argument that you are being unAustralian by supporting the rich, powerful establishment at the expense of the battler.

You haven't chosen to live here? Then why are you still here? I don't need to call you unaustralian, it's pretty clear when you don't support the country you were born and raised in what kind of person you are.

vCash
    Chosen to live in? My parents conceived and mum gave birth to me in Australia. I didn't say not support the Wallabies. I choose to support England when they play the ABs as they are the lesser of two evils.

After the way de Clyne and co behaved towards those children in Perth last year I doubt those families will be back paying overpriced tickets to support the Wallabies.

Things are so bad in Australian Rugby the Rebels are now bigger arseholes on and off the pitch than the Tahs. For them to make the Finals will make Castle, de Clyne and Pulver happy stating that their shrinking to greatness worked. Just no come on the Sharks.

The Rebels figures haven't been posted since 2015 so we don't know the true figures that this organisation has cost Australian Rugby and its grassroots.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Traitorist bastard!!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    It's no wonder there is like 10 people that post on here, all reasonable people have stopped posting.
    Looks like there's 11 of us now. Welcome to Les Unreasonables. You're becoming more unreasonable by the minute. Well done.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have said this on multiple occasions.

I do not see the connection between the Wallabies team and the group of Rugby Executives (it is a collective term) that made the decision to dismiss the Force from Super Rugby.

I refuse to let a group of Rugby Executives stop me from watching the Game I love and live for. I have been a part of Rugby for a long time and will continue to be long after Clyne, Pulver and the rest of the morons are nothing but a footnote in Rugby History.

Last edited by .X.; 07-07-18 at 22:56.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Players are often the victims of bonehead administrators whether it is leaving to go overseas as the swamp has been drained dry or supporters refusing to pay money while they been taken for granted (or treated poorly). I have seen this with the Brumbies, Canes and Munster. The first two teams the fans are still staying away in great numbers despite finals appearances and the latter fans came back after the sad passing of former captain and coach Anthony Foley. Prior to that there were loads of empty seats at Heineken Cup matches and they were giving tickets away to kids from clubs as people were pissed off with how things were run.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Traitorist bastard!!
    My parents were married thank you very much. No comment about the rest of your post

C'mon the

vCash
    You haven't chosen to live here? Then why are you still here? I don't need to call you unaustralian, it's pretty clear when you don't support the country you were born and raised in what kind of person you are.
    I support the country in every way. I just don't support the walkabies I don't expect you to get it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I dont support any other country, though no longer have the love and passion I once did for the Wallabies.

Im disappointed by that.

2 years ago I was going out of my way to watch Tests. Like being in America during the world cup and waiting for bars to open in the morning so I could at least watch the 2nd half, arguing with the fact it was on at 9:30 in the morning to be met with "its football Sunday" even though no NFL game started til after 1:30 and it was the semi-final. Planning to not only go to but started learning the language to go to next years world cup, all of which is now off the table. I tried to ignite again by watching the Irish series. Completely missed the third game, its just didnt come to mind.

I do hope, one day ill pull my jersey out again and wear it with pride but today its still sadness, disappointment, treachery, anger, frustration, hopelessness.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I dont support any other country, though no longer have the love and passion I once did for the Wallabies. Im disappointed by that. I do hope, one day ill pull my jersey out again and wear it with pride but today its still sadness, disappointment, treachery, anger, frustration, hopelessness.
    This ^^^ I haven't burnt my jersey, but it is gradually moving towards the "I never wear this" section of my wardrobe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast