Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ireland win Australian Series

vCash

Ireland win Australian Series

Well done Ireland. Wallabies 9 and 10 pairings exposed for what they are. Discipline an issue again last night keeping Ireland close on the scoreboard. Cheika's presser and Kearns/Kafe whining like girls, embarrassing at international level. At least Pocock showed professionalism at the presser.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Well done Ireland. Wallabies 9 and 10 pairings exposed for what they are. Discipline an issue again last night keeping Ireland close on the scoreboard. Cheika's presser and Kearns/Kafe whining like girls, embarrassing at international level. At least Pocock showed professionalism at the presser.
    i used to have some respect for kearns, and some of his comments were tongue-in-cheek.
    but kafe is a complete arsehole, with his 20/20 hindsight bullshit.
    unfortunately kafe seems to have dragged kearns down to his level, and you're correct, it's embarrassing

cider my arse

vCash
    Speaking of embarrassing muppets https://youtu.be/Ti0Ayho5zDA
    We switched to Ch 10 as their ‘commentary’ ( using that word loosely) was unbearable!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    don't tell me, Clown blamed the frog, the TMO and everyone else for the loss? #Whodathunkit

I was once again embarrassed with his antics during the game, I know the camera men are told to focus on him because of the show he puts on, but seriously its a disgrace

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    He went a step further, inviting the officials to his presser to explain their actions - what a tosser.

Champion
    vCash
    Why do I do this. After reading the rubbish churned out by Rats Arse on our game v Crusaders I clicked on the Daily TelegRAph where there was a piece by Jamie Pandaram who now calls himself Editor on Duty. What crap.
    He has typically written an absolute one-eyed load of s**t, full of referee blame - why would I have expected anything different.
    I'm just surprised he couldn't find a way to blame Andrew Forrest and the Force for another Australian failure.
    Don't bother reading it unless you want to get angry.

vCash
    I suppose he has that title now that his mate Payto has gone over to the RA.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I would posit they went over to the dark side long ago

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Player
    vCash
    Interesting comments from Craig Foster after the Socceroos defeat and exit from the World Cup last night .In particular.... Without a groundswell of Public Opinion nothing will change ... This is exactly what is wrong with Rugby Union and RA . Nobody outside of a few lone voices ( Alan Jones being one ) is saying anything about the appalling performance of RA in its entirety . There is no groundswell of Public Opinion here !
    If the WHOLE of the Rugby community does not speak out then Rugby Union will continue its slippery slide into the cesspit .... Sadly I watch this happening.

Last edited by bootsetal06; 27-06-18 at 14:50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Interesting comments from Craig Foster after the Socceroos defeat and exit from the World Cup last night .In particular.... Without a groundswell of Public Opinion nothing will change ...
    Read that. TBH, after watching all three matches on SBS those comments didn't match up too well with what he'd said before the game. Admittedly I didn't watch a lot of the pre-match stuff - just half time and a bit after matches 1 & 2. He seems to be down on "the system" rather than the current players, but it still doesn't sit well with me to come out straight after the heartbreak for the team last night. Even if he's on the mark. Like it or not we are still basically a minnow nation in Fudbol. The boys played very well throughout but just lacked a quality striker at critical moments, I thought. Easy to say Cahill and/or Arzani should have been brought into the attack sooner - for all the Monday morning quarterbacks. Their opponents were all top 10 ranked - toughest group by far and they did us proud far as I'm concerned.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I agree . My comments are referring to the similarities in the problems in the system rather than the players themselves. If there is no appetite for action from all sectors of rugby union ( and there doesn’t seem to be ) then nothing is going to change . I think that is what Craig Foster was getting at .

Player
    vCash
    I actually think the problems within the codes are the same, but not in the way Craig Foster is talking about. The issue both in rugby and in soccer is that there's no accountability for poor performance, both within the administration and within the playing group. It's always someone else's fault. I just watched Mile Jedinak blow a brilliant free kick opportunity about 5 minutes from full time in the game against Peru by sending the ball a country over the goal, but no one is talking about that. I'm not a soccer expert, but to me that seemed to be as much of the reason for the scoreline as a marginal call by the referee.

The problems in rugby essentially stemmed from the ARU having a singular focus on finance, as long as there was money flowing then money was thrown around. The end result being that performance became secondary to money. The passion for the game and the idea of doing the right thing by the game was lost, and was replaced by money. The ARU's poor service to the game hasn't ever really been questioned though, outside of what's been said in relation to the Western Force leaving Super Rugby.

As long as there's a culture of blame, and no accountability for poor performance, then it's going to be difficult to see things improving both in soccer and in rugby. It'll take more than a name change for the ARU. But luckily in rugby we have a fresh new competition in WSR which is full of new ideas, excitement, passion, which has brought back that focus for doing the right thing by the game. WSR even has a balanced and exciting TV commentary team as well. I couldn't have asked for more!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    I actually think the problems within the codes are the same, but not in the way Craig Foster is talking about. The issue both in rugby and in soccer is that there's no accountability for poor performance, both within the administration and within the playing group.
    Your comments were pretty spot on until you mentioned the attempt at free kick from the skipper. He averages a goal about every 4 matches in the gold shirt as a midfielder. Since he became captain he's never asked anyone to take a shot from the spot and he's 13 from 13 IIRC. He's also slammed 2 in from free kicks (I think). I'll forgive him last night's attempt. I think the performances throughout qualifying were below par. But I am OK with the performance in Russia.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Your comments were pretty spot on until you mentioned the attempt at free kick from the skipper. He averages a goal about every 4 matches in the gold shirt as a midfielder. Since he became captain he's never asked anyone to take a shot from the spot and he's 13 from 13 IIRC. He's also slammed 2 in from free kicks (I think). I'll forgive him last night's attempt. I think the performances throughout qualifying were below par. But I am OK with the performance in Russia.
    Yeah, I have to admit I'm no soccer expert, and at the end of the day just making it to the soccer world cup is a huge achievement for any team given the number of countries soccer is played in. It's more the culture of blame shifting which I see as a problem across both codes, there's no real looking inside at what you could be doing wrong (and to improve on it). Craig Foster's comments don't really help, because there's a lot that the players could do to improve as well. And as long as the culture is to blame this or that then there won't be improvement.

In Super Rugby it's rife, just listening to the Australian commentators drives me crazy. It's always someone else's fault.
    There's nothing worse than having watched a game on TV and feeling that the team has been dudded because the commentators just couldn't take off their rose coloured glasses. It makes you feel that everyone is out to get you, it's just not fair, and that makes it no longer enjoyable to watch the game. And it's a sure fired way to turn off the audience in droves. Commentators for other sports don't have this blame shifting culture, and the sport prospers because of it - it becomes a true contest and one that's enjoyable to watch.

I wish it could get to a point where we just enjoy the game, and acknowledge when someone else does something well, and maybe look at ourselves when things don't go right. And that is the main reason why I love WSR!

vCash
    Australia has become a dumb sporting nation a jibe that we used to lob at the Saffies who often resorted to foul play when they were frustrated and outsmarted by their opposition. They also had a persecution complex with the referees thinking that there was an agenda against them.

Handing out Australian caps like chump change to prepare for World Cups along with sacrificing results has to stop. It is biting in the bum now.

The Socceroos improved under van Maarwijk but it was too little too late. The player skills development hasn't been there since the majority of the 2006 World Cup squad finished up as a result there are players with deficiencies which limits the manager tactically. You can't enforce a philosophy and game structure that the players aren't capable of playing.

As a result of this the players aren't picking up contracts with big clubs so they missing out at playing at a high level week in, week out. Arnold as the next manager is a step back in time and he has already had his shot. We have been stuck with a Championship/League One standard squad for far too long.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast